The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2003, 12:50 PM   #61
beaker
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchistguy
What are you people talking about? Those designs look FANTASTIC!!
word. I still cant believe how evolved and interesting just the concept designs alone are...judging from his past work, as well as other Dreamwave titles, I have a feeling art and story wise this will be nothing short of astonishing. Just wait, when this finally comes out(anyone have a release date?) put this and the newer Mirage series side by side...

Second, for those that dont like the breathtaking new Transformers comics, check out the less than stellar recently released TPB' of the 80's TF comic...
if they had had that 'Amerimanga color' styled TF back then I woul dhave fainted.

Thirdly, a great story cant make up for bad art. The newer TMNT Mirage series for example...the story is pretty cool, but its mired in what I would say is the worst TMNT illsutrations since early Archie TMNT. A shame, as I have a lot of older Lawson TMNT work which seems much better...what happened?
__________________
.:\\.:beaker:.//:.
let the 80's entropy begin!
beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 12:58 PM   #62
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker
"Third", a great story cant make up for bad art. The newer TMNT Mirage series for example...the story is pretty cool, but its mired in what I would say is the worst TMNT illsutrations since early Archie TMNT. A shame, as I have a lot of older Lawson TMNT work which seems much better...what happened?
True dat, homey... er I mean I agree with you, my friend.
One of my favorite Comics was DC's Supergirl, during the Peter David written story arc (the one of the Satanic Cult) And I followed it for years... Untill they got a bad artist... So In otherwords, I feel it goes both ways... You NEED both for a comic to be good!

Another Example is TopCow's Battle of The Planets... the art is perfect for the series, but the writing is terrible!! And that imo is "horrific"
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 01:08 PM   #63
Shellfox
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,234
Mike- I like the side pics, the one in the middle SCARES ME, he looks like hes on crack
Leo- very cool, diffrent but cool
Raph- As much as I hate to say it, this really looks like him

While I may like most of these pis, I can't say if I am going to enjoy an entire book if this is how they will look, maybe its to early for me to tell, and maybe I'll get use to them, time will tell, but the boats still out for me if these new designs are a good idea
Shellfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 01:17 PM   #64
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Beaker has a point, I too wonder what happened to Lawssons style. Hi TMNT are still great, but backrounds and especially human charcaters need some serious work.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 02:30 PM   #65
Eye of Sarnath
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 1,590
Yeah, the TMNT are perfect, but humans look kinda strange.
__________________
"When I was real small I heard about this thing called the decline of civilization... and I decided that it was something I would like to become involved in."
-George Carlin
Eye of Sarnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 02:34 PM   #66
CookSux
Stone Warrior
 
CookSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sparta
Posts: 928
I think if they made the TMNT look more like ninja warriors instead of hulking body builders, then it might make a little more sense. I'm not saying that the art is disgusting, it's great. Just doesn't feel like the TMNT to me. And yeah, the current TMNT b/w book sucks. I guess I just have a lot to complain about.
CookSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 02:40 PM   #67
Eye of Sarnath
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 1,590
I fail to see how anyone could like the examples we have been presented with. Raph was okay. But he could be a LOT better.
__________________
"When I was real small I heard about this thing called the decline of civilization... and I decided that it was something I would like to become involved in."
-George Carlin
Eye of Sarnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 02:58 PM   #68
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist
 
Anarchistguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Posts: 2,137
OH COME ON!! don't you think you're exagerating just a bit?! he doesn't look THAT bad.
__________________
M.D.K.
Maim! Destroy! Kill!!!



"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 04:01 PM   #69
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Well he doesn't look like a ninja turtle as we know either...
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 04:24 PM   #70
Psycrow
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 435
Actually, I like the Raph picture very much. I would die to draw like that... Well, die after I could put that drawing skill to good use, haha.
__________________
"Before you criticize others you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away... and you have their shoes."
Psycrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 06:59 PM   #71
ninjapizza
Foot Soldier
 
ninjapizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 101
I'll still buy it.
ninjapizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 07:02 PM   #72
Greed
Stone Warrior
 
Greed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chicago, ILL
Posts: 931
And really thats all that matters
__________________

Why? Because they're blacker than the blackest black times infinity.

(Formerly known as Slash89, go ahead think back you know me.)
Greed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 07:07 PM   #73
ninjapizza
Foot Soldier
 
ninjapizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 101
Indeed. I think I'll pass judgement once I see the final result. (the art looks ok so far...)
ninjapizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 07:52 PM   #74
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Wait a minute, stop the presses!!!!!!!!!!!!

These drawings are NOT be Pat Lee, I repeat NOT by Pat Lee. They are drawn by artist Lesean Thomas hence the "LeS" on the signature. Check the third link on Beaker's original post. According to him he's doing the artwork for Dreamwave's TMNT. If you check his profile it's listed there as his current project.

It also states that there is an upcoming Dreamwave TMNT miniseries!!!!!

Maybe Pat Lee is only doing inking, coloring, or covers?
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 09:06 PM   #75
tekcop
Hench Mutant
 
tekcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat King
Wait a minute, stop the presses!!!!!!!!!!!!

These drawings are NOT be Pat Lee, I repeat NOT by Pat Lee. They are drawn by artist Lesean Thomas hence the "LeS" on the signature. Check the third link on Beaker's original post. According to him he's doing the artwork for Dreamwave's TMNT. If you check his profile it's listed there as his current project.

It also states that there is an upcoming Dreamwave TMNT miniseries!!!!!

Maybe Pat Lee is only doing inking, coloring, or covers?
Um... I thought everybody knew that Thomas dude was the artist?
tekcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 09:09 PM   #76
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 858
Re: Dreamwave TMNT art!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker
Look what I scored, from browsing the Penny Arcade forums:

http://www.silver3.com/Testing%sh**/...Large/mike.jpg

http://lesean.defuser.net/art/BHMstudies.jpg

http://lesean.defuser.net/

HFS!!! And I thought the new TMNT cartoon designs rocked...these designs IMHO blow everything Ive seen away(and that includes the 80's Mirage stuff) I hat eto use this expression, but these new TMNT designs look sick as all get out.
I'm sorry, but I have a problme thinking these are legit. The artist is Pat Lee, correct? That really doesn't look like his tyle or signature.
__________________


Thank you for getting rid of Hamato Yoshi, Michael Bay and Co.! He was suuuuuper unnecessary.
TMNT is cooler than MOTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 01:06 AM   #77
Caliosidhe
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 95
Uh.. I think everyone reading the whole thread realizes that it's LeSean's art. I mean, the links are directly off of his homepage and all...

LOL I think some people are missing reading the whole thread

I think I've decided no to worry too much over tehse sketches.. They seem like very early conceptual design (I hope) I don't think this guy is the only one working on the book (Again I hope) Which means he could be a long way away from a final design.

Heck, Eastman and Laird's first designs ended up changing a whole lot before the first book was turned out..
Caliosidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 05:32 AM   #78
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
True, thats why we need to see some real art. So Pat Lee is not involved... How good is this Lesean guy?
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 10:20 AM   #79
tekcop
Hench Mutant
 
tekcop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 334
Re: Dreamwave TMNT art!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker
Look what I scored, from browsing the Penny Arcade forums:

http://www.silver3.com/Testing%sh**/...Large/mike.jpg

http://lesean.defuser.net/art/BHMstudies.jpg

http://lesean.defuser.net/

HFS!!! And I thought the new TMNT cartoon designs rocked...these designs IMHO blow everything Ive seen away(and that includes the 80's Mirage stuff) I hat eto use this expression, but these new TMNT designs look sick as all get out.
I'm sorry, but I have a problme thinking these are legit. The artist is Pat Lee, correct? That really doesn't look like his tyle or signature.
Um... as Rat King just said, that's because the artist is Sean LeThomas, not Pat Lee.
tekcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 10:30 AM   #80
CookSux
Stone Warrior
 
CookSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sparta
Posts: 928
Now, whoever thought that these sketches were done by Pat Lee must be blind. Even the signature says Les. Then again everyone assumes that just because Dreamwave is doing something that Pat Lee has his fingers on it... and that's partially true. I bet Pat Lee's going to want to do some covers, and a couple books. That cocky punk! Haha.
CookSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.