The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 01:22 PM   #61
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobTurn View Post
Children are really not that stupid people think they are. ATLA was made with kids in mind, and that became a huge succes. And that show is NOT simplistic. It really does have deeper meanings, and a LOT of children can point those out.

Here in The Netherlands we have a show called 'Huis Anubis', which other countries bought from us. In the UK it's called 'The House of Anubis', I believe. It's pretty dark (In The Netherlands that is, in the UK not so much) and not simplistic at all. And still, children get it and love it.

It's being made for children, not idiots that don't understand anything.
Ya know I wrote out this long drawn out reply in response to this post and I couldn't bring myself to hit submit... I have come to the conclusion that it is just about impossible to change someone's opinion via the internet so I think I would much rather just see someone post and swim in their own ignorance.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:30 PM   #62
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Wait...Baxter is Dolemite?
Does that mean the boom mic will keep appearing in every shot he's in?

Anyway, I'm actually liking the look of this so far. Could use a bit of work on some of the dialogue and a tad more seriousness, but this is an unfinished storyboard for a pitch pilot, so it's obviously unfinished. Besides, we haven't seen the whole episode yet, so it's a bit too early to judge. Either way, it's looking fun so far. Looking forward to seeing a finished episode!
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #63
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Is it just me, or doies Baxter have a MUSTACHE in those pics of him?!
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:55 PM   #64
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf89 View Post
Is it just me, or does Baxter have a MUSTACHE in those pics of him?!
You must be only looking at thumbnails if you have to ask. Left-click on the pic to see it full-size.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #65
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
And then they cheer, "We did it?"
What scares me is that reminds me of a song they sing at the end of every episode of Dora the Explorer. I pray to God the Turtles don't start singing every time they have a victory.

Oh and before anyone remarks that I'm a grown man watching Dora the Explorer, please bear in mind I only watch it when spending time with my 5 year-old niece. I'm hoping to get her interested in more gender neutral cartoon shows like Charlie Brown and Looney Tunes.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988


Last edited by Jephael; 06-27-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #66
RiseAbove873
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I saved them, here:

[Mod Edit: Links removed by request of the original uploader.]

Baxter looked interesting, I liked him, other than that the story looked kinda lame.

Thanks for posting them!
RiseAbove873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:13 PM   #67
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
i can see this new series being very fun and witty.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #68
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Actually, everybody Leo Mystic is right. This show sucks. The animation is horrible, the voice acting is sub-par and the stories are moronic. Who needs an actual episode to make those assumptions? It's patently obvious now that this show is going to make NT:TNM look like the best show ever to air on American TV, ABC's Cavemen.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #69
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Finally, a REASONABLE bad review... Take notes, everyone.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:05 PM   #70
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Actually, everybody Leo Mystic is right. This show sucks. The animation is horrible, the voice acting is sub-par and the stories are moronic. Who needs an actual episode to make those assumptions? It's patently obvious now that this show is going to make NT:TNM look like the best show ever to air on American TV, ABC's Cavemen.
*slow clap* If you think you're being funny, you're not.

I don't understand why you all single me out because I'm not the only one around here who isn't liking it.
__________________

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #71
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mystic View Post
I don't understand why you all single me out
They do? I thought it was just Warhorse they were all hate-criming on.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #72
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
They do? I thought it was just Warhorse they were all hate-criming on.
*headdesk*

Since we're going to be that petty, no, they are not. But people around this forum are singling people out that don't agree with them and I don't think it's right. It's called an opinion for a reason. Not everyone is going to like what you do and that's just the truth of the matter.
__________________

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #73
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mystic View Post
*headdesk*

Since we're going to be that petty, no, they are not. But people around this forum are singling people out that don't agree with them and I don't think it's right. It's called an opinion for a reason. Not everyone is going to like what you do and that's just the truth of the matter.
My problem with these "opinions," is that they seem premature. We only have early character designs, early storyboards, early everything. The show is more than a year away. Lighten up. I can understand people saying the show sucks once it airs, but we really have no way of knowing if it sucks until then. Unless you have a Delorian on hand, we don't know about.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #74
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Actually, everybody Leo Mystic is right. This show sucks. The animation is horrible, the voice acting is sub-par and the stories are moronic. Who needs an actual episode to make those assumptions? It's patently obvious now that this show is going to make NT:TNM look like the best show ever to air on American TV, ABC's Cavemen.
Okay, I'm totally confused, Jester. Was this post here supposed to be sarcastic? You were the one that said to wait and see for the finished product. Plus, Leonardo Mystic was asking why you were singling him out. So this must have been sarcastic. Like I said before: the Sheldon Cooper analogy. I'm not very good with this.

Update: I'm guessing you were sarcastic before, right? Just let me know when you can, Jester.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #75
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mystic View Post
*headdesk*

Since we're going to be that petty, no, they are not. But people around this forum are singling people out that don't agree with them and I don't think it's right. It's called an opinion for a reason. Not everyone is going to like what you do and that's just the truth of the matter.
Sounds a bit like you're jumping to conclusions. I don't approve of Nick's choices either, but I don't wanna be in your boat if you're gonna act like this. Just calm down.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #76
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Sounds a bit like you're jumping to conclusions. I don't approve of Nick's choices either, but I don't wanna be in your boat if you're gonna act like this. Just calm down.
Exactly we're throwing the baby out with the bath water.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:34 PM   #77
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Who needs babies anyway?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #78
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
My problem with these "opinions," is that they seem premature. We only have early character designs, early storyboards, early everything. The show is more than a year away. Lighten up. I can understand people saying the show sucks once it airs, but we really have no way of knowing if it sucks until then. Unless you have a Delorian on hand, we don't know about.
Yes, but even the early stuff can still have a big impact on its presentation. From the toy fair pictures in the other thread, it seems that is the character design they are going to stick with and I don't like them. The new storyboards have not done anything at all to impress me or change my mind on this. The BTTS designs look great in comparison and they are the second of the worst three redesigns of the 4Kids' series, counting Turtles Forever, in my opinion.

Hell, if they had to have it in CGI, the TMNT CGI movie designs would be okay by me. I'd at least try to give it a shot then because they're aren't so bad looking actually. It's the same reason I have never watched the third live action movie because I can't get past looking at the fugly costumes on the cover to want to try to.

Look, it's just like if you went to a restaurant. You're going to order something that looks or sounds good, right? I would think you wouldn't want to order raw squid marinated in something found in a baby's diaper.
__________________

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #79
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Wait, there are pictures of the toys? Where?

Really...we're going to use a "Would you eat the contents of a baby diaper?" argument? That I know is crap...besides how often does the food on the plate actually look like the menu? Those pictures are the most meticulously staged pictures ever.

I see this like a stew, that you don't like the ingredients on their own, but once you taste it, you actually enjoy it....maybe.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:01 PM   #80
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Wait, there are pictures of the toys? Where?
The images from the licensing show, not toys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Really...we're going to use a "Would you eat the contents of a baby diaper?" argument?
That's not what I meant.
__________________

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.