The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Why d'you keep grabbing my face - What is wrong WITH MY FACE?!
This is more fun than a Shriners parade! 11 13.92%
Oooooh, SHINY..!! 5 6.33%
In Krang's Face! 25 31.65%
oh he's a pussycat....WHO LIKES TO GRAB YOUR FACE AND SHAKE IT LIKE A RAGDOLL! 30 37.97%
Did anyone else notice the creepy face massage LH gave Don? 8 10.13%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #61
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
It was a good episode. And who knows... they seem to be cramming in a lot of stuff per episode. Snakeweed and Karai. Karai, Kraang and Miss Campbell. Pulverizer, Shell Raiser and Fish Face. I wouldn't be surprised if the next episode somehow crams in the mutant roach and continues the Kraang plot as well.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #62
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
With Leatherhead in limbo, who knows what will happen to him since he's never been in Dimension X in any incarnation, not even the OT.
BUT in the Archie books he did get whisked away to Stump's Asteroid after being swallowed by Cudley.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #63
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
BUT in the Archie books he did get whisked away to Stump's Asteroid after being swallowed by Cudley.
How cool would it be if he comes back with Wingnut and Screwloose?
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #64
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Leatherhead was also transported away on the transmat in the Image series. That's what I immediately thought when it happened.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #65
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Haha, no. Tough luck. It airs again tonight in a few minutes, anyway.
I'm west coast so the first airing still hasn't happened I'll see what it ends up being.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #66
Avatar Yuffie
Stone Warrior
 
Avatar Yuffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 805
And suddenly April not being human theory thread sounds plausible.
__________________


We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #67
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseAbove873 View Post
You guys forgot to mention the part where Leonardo does the awesome Kraang impersonation. I also liked how he tried to act all serious when he realized nobody else thought it was funny. "Sorry, where were we?"
That was hilarious. I think I found that to be funniest moment of the series thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm starting to wonder if the Nick writers went with the Mirage origin of April, only the magic crystal is from Dimension X.
Ugh, I hope not.

I really enjoyed this episode more than any other episode thus far. Some might say that too much was "crammed" into the episode, but I just look at it as cutting out the fat. Also, I'm finding "The Krang" to be the standout character(s) thus far, they kinda remind me of the droids in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars cartoon.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #68
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
I can't wait for itunes to release this episode so I can take screencaps. That multiscreen shot of the turtles and Leatherhead was insanely EPIC.
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #69
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
The scenes in the elevator shaft were great. I loved the darkness during the action kill shots.

Also its pretty obvious the robot teacher in the lobby was not the same one the turtles destroyed, they probably have many copies.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #70
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatherhead (2012) View Post
I can't wait for itunes to release this episode so I can take screencaps. That multiscreen shot of the turtles and Leatherhead was insanely EPIC.
Yes please post it when you take it. Loved that pic.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #71
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Why the heck do the Kraang need to terraform the Earth? They seem to be able to breath the air fine.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #72
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
d-did Mikey just go fully into his shell...!?

O_O I was just like " WHAT THE!!?" the whole time.... lol XD

so.....they can do that.

welp I guess it's Leo turn to try it.
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:43 PM   #73
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Why the heck do the Kraang need to terraform the Earth? They seem to be able to breath the air fine.
The Kraang probably wanna terraform the earth in the toon the same reason as the comics. Their planet is dead/dying.

As for the episode. I loved it. One of my fave quotes is from the elevator "That which is known as access is granted to Kraang"

So Kirby ISN'T a scientist?? He's a Psychologist?! Why hasn't this been mentioned before??
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #74
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
I think my mind exploded from this episode......
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #75
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
The Kraang probably wanna terraform the earth in the toon the same reason as the comics. Their planet is dead/dying.
Even if their planet was dying I don't see why they would want to kill everything on Earth, other than being evil for evil's sake.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #76
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
d-did Mikey just go fully into his shell...!?
That may be the first time we've seen that in any animated incarnation. It was pretty slick!

In fact, the only other time I can remember when it's happened in TMNT history is when Archie Raphael and Donatello do it to survive an explosion.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #77
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
That may be the first time we've seen that in any animated incarnation. It was pretty slick!

In fact, the only other time I can remember when it's happened in TMNT history is when Archie Raphael and Donatello do it to survive an explosion.
seriously!? wow :O

it was kinda cool > after I freaked out.

and it's also cool that Mikey can hold his breathe the longest
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #78
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
That may be the first time we've seen that in any animated incarnation. It was pretty slick!

In fact, the only other time I can remember when it's happened in TMNT history is when Archie Raphael and Donatello do it to survive an explosion.
In the 3 part finale? Where 2 Turtles use the others as snowboards....

Oh boy, the writers of the new movie have been reading the Archie comics...and THAT'S what they got out of it.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #79
Avatar Yuffie
Stone Warrior
 
Avatar Yuffie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Even if their planet was dying I don't see why they would want to kill everything on Earth, other than being evil for evil's sake.
Trying to squat on another planet doesn't sound like for evil's sake.
__________________


We all know that Most Writers Are Male. Something like eighty percent of media aimed at children have male main characters, whereas half the population is female. At best, women will often be minor characters or will not be present at all. Stories about women are for women, stories about men are for general consumption. (TV Tropes Feminist Fantasy)
Avatar Yuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #80
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Why the heck do the Kraang need to terraform the Earth? They seem to be able to breath the air fine.
Guess kraang prime can't.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
episode discussion, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.