The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2014, 01:28 PM   #61
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunpowder View Post
I personally love 2012 Irma. I hope they have bigger plans for her.

As for Mikey, his 2003 and 1990 versions will always be my favorite. Maybe I'm just partial to that "surfs up brah" vibe. I don't mind him in the Nick show but I have to agree they go a little too far with his stupidity at times. Although, a lot of the same people who worked on Teen Titans are now working on this. So maybe he'll go the route of Beast Boy and take a serious turn in later seasons.
Those are my favorite versions, too!
__________________
I guess my time has finally come to an end.

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:30 PM   #62
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunpowder View Post
I hope they have bigger plans for her.
Likewise. What little we've seen already has more depth than the old series Irma, it's nice to see a version who isn't 99% about trying to find a man.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #63
ShelleyQuick
Foot Soldier
 
ShelleyQuick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Spring Hill, Florida
Posts: 134
As someone who has 3 older siblings myself, I completely understand why Mikey acts the way he does. I wasn't strong like my sister, or mean and hot tempered like one of my brothers. I had to over exaggerate every thing just to get noticed(or at least that's what I thought when I was a kid). I was married for 5 years before my parents stopped treating me like a baby. I acted just like Michelangelo(and still do sometimes, my first defense for stress is always making jokes).

*sidenote: It was really cool for me when I noticed that the eye colors they chose for the 2012 turtles are exactly the same as my brothers, sister and me. Oldest brother(brown), my other brother and sister(blue) and me green. I'm the only green eyed person in my whole family.
__________________
Just a small town girl in a great big world.

ShelleyQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:00 PM   #64
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunpowder View Post
I personally love 2012 Irma. I hope they have bigger plans for her.

As for Mikey, his 2003 and 1990 versions will always be my favorite. Maybe I'm just partial to that "surfs up brah" vibe. I don't mind him in the Nick show but I have to agree they go a little too far with his stupidity at times. Although, a lot of the same people who worked on Teen Titans are now working on this. So maybe he'll go the route of Beast Boy and take a serious turn in later seasons.
My favorite Mikey's were the 1990 movie and the old toon. And I agree, I like the Mikey that is funny, quick witted, jokes, prankster, annoys the hell out of Raphale and always trying to lighten the mood, but is not dumb in anyway. And I wish for the love of pete, that one of these toon/movie incarnations would touch up on his writing. It's one of my favorite things about him from the Mirage part that I have heard about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Likewise. What little we've seen already has more depth than the old series Irma, it's nice to see a version who isn't 99% about trying to find a man.
You know what I think is kind of funny, Irma in the old show was a bit boy crazy, and then we have Donnie in this new show who can be a bit girl crazy. I wonder if it's coincidence or on purpose.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
michelangelo


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.