The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2015, 06:34 PM   #61
senpai
Stone Warrior
 
senpai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: new york sewers yo!
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Have you ever even had your eyeball licked? Don't judge me.

*shudders*

senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:04 PM   #62
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist
 
slashpieturtlemix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 1,259
For some reason I am not surprised by that lol sounds hilariously nasty though
__________________
Owner of Hkohles1gaming, kohlesgoods, and hkohles1.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods

https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1gaming
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:27 PM   #63
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior
 
drag0nfeathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 623
Well... It's official now... everyone in town knows about my obsession! My family already thinks I'm weird from gaming, anime, costuming... this is just another to add to the list so I don't really give a damn who knows! ^_^

__________________

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:56 PM   #64
slashpieturtlemix
Mad Scientist
 
slashpieturtlemix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 1,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
Well... It's official now... everyone in town knows about my obsession! My family already thinks I'm weird from gaming, anime, costuming... this is just another to add to the list so I don't really give a damn who knows! ^_^

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...psfoc8lnes.jpg
I have a Kia Soul too lmao but mine is white. Guess I need to make mine look like Casey or something now..
__________________
Owner of Hkohles1gaming, kohlesgoods, and hkohles1.

https://www.youtube.com/user/hkohles1

https://www.ebay.com/usr/kohlesgoods

https://www.facebook.com/hkohles1gaming
slashpieturtlemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:24 PM   #65
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior
 
drag0nfeathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Taunton, MA
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by slashpieturtlemix View Post
I have a Kia Soul too lmao but mine is white. Guess I need to make mine look like Casey or something now..
Giant hockey mask or maybe just two hockey sticks across the hood! Hah!
__________________

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:35 PM   #66
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
When I moved out and became an independent adult, I said the hell with everyone who judged me or thought they were better than me.

It's a great way to live. Pick a few good friends who care about you no matter what, and screw everyone else.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 12:24 AM   #67
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I got a few thumbs-up from the guys in the locker room for wearing my TMNT shirt to the wrestling show.

Wasn't looking to make a statement; it was hot out, and it's 100% cotton, so it's nice and breezy. But it always gets a good reaction.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:12 AM   #68
nylemon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I am not hiding it to anyone,in junior school we like playing you the Donnie,he 's Leo I am Mikey,the unlucky one is rat sensei thing.Yeah,now it reminds me some people might thought us werido.

And in senior high I took my only Mikey figure to school when there was a exam.And My classmates all knew that.

But somehow I do feel kinda awkward when buying figures and collecting 2007 movie figures in Mc'Donald's.I think It's because classmates are the people you knew and people in store aren't.I only buy things online now not because I feel shame but in my place there almost no tmnt stuffs in local store.

In college I keep a low profile about my ID,but still didn't totally hide it.I watched 2k3 in public and didn't feel shame at all.I remembered my friends once joked to me saying "you just like a ninja turtle".

My family knows it too,though my parents think it's foolish spending hundreds yuan onto turtles.

After seeing some of your guys' storys,I think I just don't care much other people think and I am too naive or stupid

Last edited by nylemon; 05-16-2015 at 09:17 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:16 PM   #69
Dash
Random Punk
 
Dash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Stroud Uk
Posts: 20
I do hide the fact I'm a mega TMNT fan to some friends/family that is mostly because I'm 31, they don't seem to understand its fine to collect figures, watch cartoons, play games..attend conventions etc. They make out its 'babyish' and I need to 'grow up' Also been told its not very 'lady like' to like 'boys' cartoons, grr makes me so mad at times! Must admit when I'm buying merchandise when I'm out to add to my collection I sometimes say its for my nephew or something like that..sometimes a tad awkward! its hard at times not having many 'rl' turtles friends to geek with! :<!
Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 01:08 AM   #70
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
Well... It's official now... everyone in town knows about my obsession! My family already thinks I'm weird from gaming, anime, costuming... this is just another to add to the list so I don't really give a damn who knows! ^_^

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...psfoc8lnes.jpg

Awesome car! And I like who you decided to use there.



Quote:
Originally Posted by slashpieturtlemix View Post
I have a Kia Soul too lmao but mine is white. Guess I need to make mine look like Casey or something now..

Mask and crossed sticks with the word Goongala! underneath. Perfect.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:07 AM   #71
cloud
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 738
Nah.
If anything,loving TMNT is the only cool thing aboot me.
It's also easy to strike a conversation.
The Turtles are somehow a healthier characters to enjoy because people mostly associate with the 80s show that's funny,less violent, colorful and full of pizzas.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:25 AM   #72
Kanon
Stone Warrior
 
Kanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
I do hide the fact I'm a mega TMNT fan to some friends/family that is mostly because I'm 31, they don't seem to understand its fine to collect figures, watch cartoons, play games..attend conventions etc. They make out its 'babyish' and I need to 'grow up' Also been told its not very 'lady like' to like 'boys' cartoons, grr makes me so mad at times!
My family is exactly like that!
At least my mom knows I am a big fan and don“t judge me.
I really wish I would have a friend to speak about the turtles.
(But I am not sad cause I got you guys )
__________________
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro!"
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:24 PM   #73
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
I do hide the fact I'm a mega TMNT fan to some friends/family that is mostly because I'm 31, they don't seem to understand its fine to collect figures, watch cartoons, play games..attend conventions etc. They make out its 'babyish' and I need to 'grow up' Also been told its not very 'lady like' to like 'boys' cartoons, grr makes me so mad at times! Must admit when I'm buying merchandise when I'm out to add to my collection I sometimes say its for my nephew or something like that..sometimes a tad awkward! its hard at times not having many 'rl' turtles friends to geek with! :<!
Minus the "not lady like" part, that's pretty much the same thing I ran into in my teens. Back when there were no older fans - since the oldest fans were us - and no widespread internet (which I don't think my family even had yet) to simply go online and prove that I wasn't weird, wrong, or childish to still like it.

Older teen fans that could be questioned about it these days are fortunate to have much older fans out there to point to as proof that their remaining a fan is fine and TMNT as worthy of it.

Now... my immediate family seem ok with it, but I'm still cautious thanks to years ago. Hard not to be. I think/hope the rise in "geek culture," embracing of hero stuff and just, you know, fun things, has helped.

I have no real life fan friends though, but having people to talk to online works fine for me.



Edit: Come to think of it, the other day I noticed my mother - who is in her 60s and the same person who shamed me into giving up TMNT years ago - was wearing a vintage style Jetsons t-shirt. She's also got a pink Superman "S" shirt. Maybe a few others... Times have changed.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 01:15 PM   #74
KC Midnight
Mouser
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Missouri
Posts: 11
I kind of hide my turtle obsession. I know when my mom visits she'll see episodes of the Nick TMNT on my DVR but I don't outright tell her about it.

I also work in a pretty serious business so I don't really broadcast it too much there but I guess it's because when I was growing up it wasn't "cool" to like anime and manga and cartoons and such. So I hid the fact that I was obsessed with those things in high school and college. So...I guess I've carried that stigma into my adult life.

Either way, I don't mind. I get enjoyment out of it and I don't need people looking down at me just because I like something that's childish.
KC Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:44 PM   #75
1987
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 640
i could admit on here that i am somewhat of a closet tmnt fan. i dont wear any tmnt clothing in public or anything like that. nobody in my workplace knows, just because i dont brag about being a fan of the franchise to them, but if it ever came up i would not deny the fact that i think they are cool. pretty much all my family and close friends know i like the tmnt. but casual friends, if they saw the amount of tmnt toys and other miscellaneous tmnt merchandise i have (which i usually keep hidden in the closet anyway if i know people are coming over) im not gonna lie id feel kinda embaressed and childish. it's mainly because i am getting closer to 30, i should have grown out of my tmnt fandom by now, or at least the toys/merchandise aspect of it, working on becoming a mature adult, but im still OBSESSED WITH TMNT TOYS AND CARTOONS i cant help it. i have so much tmnt clutter i do kinda hide it. if things dont change im just gonna have to come out and be more open about it, cant try to hide it forever.
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:51 PM   #76
senpai
Stone Warrior
 
senpai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: new york sewers yo!
Posts: 673
Do what you're most comfortable with. In my experience it was too draining to constantly be hiding the things I loved, especially something as fun as TMNT. Nothing wrong with expressing your appreciation without shame. TMNT's harmless and so many people actually DO like it so I don't see what the big deal is. I'm in my late twenties too and my room is all kinds of...well messy atm but has a lot of things I love in it too! Persona stuff, TMNT...but mainly Persona. If someone sees it and wants to know about it, I'd be happy to tell them all I know and spread the joy. My last bf asked what cartoons I liked and later we spent the evening watching Fungus Humungous, Mazes and Mutants, and Ultimate Spider-Man. I'm not entirely sure how he felt about it but I had a blast. On nights when I was lazy he'd be like "Wanna come over?" and I'd be like "I dont' feel like driving..." and he'd go "We can watch Ninja Turtles..." .... "Ok. Omw." Sadly after I broke up with him, I have no one else to watch TMNT with...unless my nieces and nephews are visiting.
senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:53 PM   #77
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
i could admit on here that i am somewhat of a closet tmnt fan. i dont wear any tmnt clothing in public or anything like that. nobody in my workplace knows, just because i dont brag about being a fan of the franchise to them, but if it ever came up i would not deny the fact that i think they are cool. pretty much all my family and close friends know i like the tmnt. but casual friends, if they saw the amount of tmnt toys and other miscellaneous tmnt merchandise i have (which i usually keep hidden in the closet anyway if i know people are coming over) im not gonna lie id feel kinda embaressed and childish. it's mainly because i am getting closer to 30, i should have grown out of my tmnt fandom by now, or at least the toys/merchandise aspect of it, working on becoming a mature adult, but im still OBSESSED WITH TMNT TOYS AND CARTOONS i cant help it. i have so much tmnt clutter i do kinda hide it. if things dont change im just gonna have to come out and be more open about it, cant try to hide it forever.

No need to hide it, amigo, it's perfectly fine to have stuff like that around your home if you want. It's YOUR home! Considering some of the weird and/or dumb crap some people collect or enjoy at home, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Heck, I have my TMNT toys all over my desk- on my PC tower, on top of the printer/scanner, on the speakers, in front of the monitor..... Even some still packaged figures tacked to the wall! It's my "writer's cave" area, and I even have a TMNT fan-art piece as my desktop wallpaper. Don't care who knows or sees any of it, either. If anyone comes over, they can think whatever they like, but it's really none of their danged business what I collect or enjoy in my own home. Unless the apartment management decides it's a violation (doubtful- my hubby's rubber duck collection takes up more space) then what do I care?!
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:21 PM   #78
Garfield
Hench Mutant
 
Garfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 432
Nah! I don't hide it! no need to hide it.

When I put on my TMNT shirt...man, I'm getting hit on by soccer moms, I'm slapping high fives with old ladies and a fat guys sporting tattoos and wearing sunglasses are giving me the thumbs up.


Live it up man, don't be scared.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:32 AM   #79
Shred Head
Hench Mutant
 
Shred Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 341
Honestly this was never a thing that's come up. I never really had to hide it back int he 80's early 90's I was a little kid and it was cool to love the Turtles so I wasn't seen as out of the ordinary. Then the CBS affliant rarely played there Saturday morning block that or it was preempted and thats when I found Fox Kids. So I was pretty much officially out of the Turtles I still bought the Archie and Mirage at my comic store but I never felt shame at a comic store everybody has the same hobby there so I never felt like I was looked down upon there. I'll admit during my teen years I never had to hide my Turtle love because I didn't have any. Next mutation was out and I had all but just given up on the TMNT franchise. Also missed out on a good chunk of the Mirage line thanks to my comic store shutting down and having to go to a new one that didn't carry the book.

I didn't really get back into TMNT tell the 2K3 series came around and by that point I was almost at my last year of Highschool. I already had my social circle of friends who knew what I was about and I was already in the metal state of I'm never seeing any of you again in a year so why should I give a **** about what think. So yeah thats pretty much how it went for me so I kinda lucked out. Now Power Rangers that's a totally different story took years to out myself on that one.
__________________

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:37 PM   #80
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
I can't understand why anybody would want to hide their love for TMNT. It's a cartoon, it's not like it's anything odd or unheard-of. Everybody knows about the Turtles; I don't see how anybody could regard it as strange.

Better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you aren't - at least you're being true to yourself. What is even the point in hiding your love for TMNT? So you can get the approval of boring sheeple who are douchey and shallow enough to care about something so trivial?

We get little enough joy in this short, miserable life as it is - if you want to have action figures all over the house and wear TMNT shirts every day because it makes you happy, go for it. If someone else doesn't like it, they can go pound sand; it's got nothing to do with them.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.