The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2007, 04:14 PM   #81
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
I don't give a crap about the box art myself. I just hope they do a better job of cleaning up the video footage than they had with the last few releases. You can clearly see the odd wavering VHS artifacts in some episodes. It didn't kill my enjoyment of the tapes, but they REALLY should have made a better attempt at it...
I agree. Well, at least this time we're getting some special features, however meagre they may be.
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #82
Krangstein
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Iceland, Europe
Posts: 494
Has any one seen another site with an episode list??
Krangstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:28 AM   #83
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
But did I hear right that some episodes were ripped from one of FHE's crappy SLP mode VHS's? Did they at least clean those up so they don't sound like your head is underwater while you watch them?
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 11:33 AM   #84
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,185
to me the quality has rarely been a problem i've almost never noticed anything, same with audio i doubt its a VHS transfer. you have to remember its an 80s cartoon its not going to look great and they are not going to spend lots of monety to remaster it sadly.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:48 PM   #85
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
But did I hear right that some episodes were ripped from one of FHE's crappy SLP mode VHS's? Did they at least clean those up so they don't sound like your head is underwater while you watch them?
Where did you see that?

Although, I did check some of the VHS tapes officially released, and I did see some LIGHTER versions of the same mistakes that are in the DVD releases...

For instance, those long 'scratch lines' that run up and down the left side of the screen during 'Mutagen Monster' in season 3 are apparent in the VHS release, only alot less noticeable...

One thing wasn't there on the DVD release... On all the official VHS eps of Pizza by the Shred that I have watched, the color red has TV 'snow' on them. This is thankfully gone from the DVD release.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 06:45 PM   #86
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
My official VHS of Pizza by the Shred had no tv "snow." Depends on how you take care of your tapes I guess. Doesn't suprise me that they would reuse them.
__________________
Shredder: "Ninja hall of fame? Ha! Where's MY statue?!"
-My Brother, the Bad Guy
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:01 AM   #87
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
Heh, in this case, I found them new on the discount rack in 1995 or so, and bought 4 different copies (they had allot of them, different tapes..I hit the jackpot ). ALL have different levels of snow on the red. Some where really bad, others where light, but still there. Surly I'm not the only one who had this problem.

All appeared on different VCR's too .
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:04 AM   #88
themaxonline
Hench Mutant
 
themaxonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 278
I'm waiting for amazon.com to post information on this! Is it completely confirmed. I'm not familiar with the sites listed that have it as being available in March but I'll take it that they're right. I hope it'll be available to Canada. lol

I just preordered it from amazon.com! w00h00! I can't wait!

Last edited by themaxonline; 02-20-2007 at 05:12 PM.
themaxonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:13 PM   #89
Krangstein
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Iceland, Europe
Posts: 494
Only a few days now... and wow, this thread is long and Season 4 hasn't even been released yet..
Krangstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:50 PM   #90
themaxonline
Hench Mutant
 
themaxonline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 278
I can't wait! I keep checking amazon.com for confirmation of what exactly will be on it but when I check wikipedia, it lists the 40 episodes whereas on tmnt.com, it lists 38 remaining episodes for season 4 and then the first two of season 5 are included with the rest of season 4 of wiki. So it'll more than likely be everything before 'My Brother, The Bad Guy'. Is it safe to assume the order will be like that of tmnt.com? I'm thinking the first two eps of season 5 (according to tmnt.com) will occur before the Son Of the Fly one.

And another quick question, how long do you guys think it'll be before we hear some info about the next release? I'm already getting excited for season 5 (at least what I hope will be season 5).

EDIT: oops, by tmnt.com, i meant ninjaturtles.com
themaxonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:05 PM   #91
TMNT 100
Thug
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: MI.
Posts: 64
I'm going to get Season 4 on the day it comes out, but first I still need to get Volumes 5 and 6.

To get ready for this, I re-watched Seasons 1, 2, Volumes 3 and 4.
TMNT 100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:49 PM   #92
TheRedOne
Thug
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 52
yea i need to get volume 6 still
TheRedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:17 PM   #93
Krangstein
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Iceland, Europe
Posts: 494
what are you guys waiting for?
Krangstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:26 PM   #94
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
Hi Krangstein!
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:31 AM   #95
Krangstein
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Iceland, Europe
Posts: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerfootw View Post
Hi Krangstein!
Hi. Fancy meeting you here
Krangstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:32 PM   #96
Sonic777
Mad Scientist
 
Sonic777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: not telling
Posts: 2,315
8 more days left.
__________________
Sonic777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:30 PM   #97
Jon
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkness777 View Post
8 more days left.
None for me! I lucked out with another 'early-release' finding!!
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:44 PM   #98
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
ugh, you suck!!
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:39 PM   #99
Eidiot88
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 251
Season Four DVD set, I thought it came out the 13th?

I went to pick up Peter Pan the Platinum Edition Dvd at Best Buy Yesterday, the 6th, and walked down the kids isle. I was walking by to see if it was there, just in case. Low and behold it was! I was flipping out because I thought it came out the 13th... Has anybody else got it yet? and did they change the date for it?

The case is also so friggin' cool. 3D pop out of Raph's face and the Turtles logo, it also comes with a clear plastic case so it doesn't get dented or scratched. Only upset is no booklet/insert on the inside.
__________________

Shredder's Pub Returning Soon...
Eidiot88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:43 PM   #100
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
Ooh, now I'll have to check..

I never get lucky enough for it to be out, however .

What eps are on it?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dvd releases


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.