The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 11:46 AM   #81
Jon
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,356
*For X*

There are Sonic X DVDs that are like the new-release of TMNT (2-Disc routine). Including one that went back to doing the start of the series.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:47 AM   #82
X
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 767
Just go grab ya one from Best Buy, they have them in.

If you don't see any on shelves ask them to look in the back, mine had to, but today is the release date for sure.

Wal-Mart doesn't know their heads from their *****

-X-
__________________
"Wisemen say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for a late pizza."
X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:05 PM   #83
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post
Just go grab ya one from Best Buy, they have them in.

If you don't see any on shelves ask them to look in the back, mine had to, but today is the release date for sure.
If you're aiming that at me, unfortunately, we don't HAVE a Best Buy around here, just a lousy Wal-Mart Supercenter. The closest Best Buy to ME is about a 2 hour (or little over) drive away from us, and right now, we're down a vehicle. (And as much as I love my Turtles, there ain't NO WAY in SHELL that I'm WALKIN' all the way to Springfield, MO, to pick up one of their DVDs (my mom would have me committed if I even THOUGHT about doing that, and I wouldn't much BLAME her.)!) So, UNLESS I can come up with something else, I'll just have to wait a week, and hope like ANYTHING that it comes in next Tuesday.

Man, I wish the folks who RUN this town would get their heads out of their butts and LET a Best Buy come in here! THAT would be great!!!

(Although I'm sure Wally-fart wouldn't think so, but at THIS point, who CARES what THEY think?! Not I!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post
Wal-Mart doesn't know their heads from their *****

-X-
You got THAT right, brothah!!!
__________________
Brother against brother...........

Last edited by Whitewolf89; 02-21-2008 at 11:00 PM.
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #84
Jon
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,356
*Shrug* Though I haven't called to ask on stuff, or such. I've actually had good luck with finding DVDs at Wal-Mart.

But will say, I do frequent Best Buy just as much (if not even more); and have good luck there too. As well as Target, and a few other places.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:00 PM   #85
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
*Shrug* Though I haven't called to ask on stuff, or such. I've actually had good luck with finding DVDs at Wal-Mart.
Usually, I do, too, so I don't know WHY this one is going to be late. Ah, well, just have to check back and see if it's in next week.

And I usually call them IF I know that our car is gonna be on the fritz, or my bro will be using it, or what-not. Also IF the weather is gonna go into the dumpster. I don't know about YOU, but THIS girl doesn't LIKE walking in the cold, snow, and ESPECIALLY not if there's ICE on the ground! I mean, our Wal-Mart may only a couple blocks walk away from us, and therefore within resonable walking distance, but I have absolutely NO intention of trying to KILL myself trying to get there in lousy weather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
But will say, I do frequent Best Buy just as much (if not even more); and have good luck there too. As well as Target, and a few other places.
I wish I could, but, as I stated, all we have is a Wal-Mart. Which is WHY I wish this town would get off it's duff and let a Target, or a Best Buy, or SOMETHING new come IN here! Sheesh!!!
__________________
Brother against brother...........

Last edited by Whitewolf89; 02-21-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:13 PM   #86
X
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 767
DUDE!!! JON!!!

Tell me you aren't kidding? So you are saying that they are releasing - or already have released - Sonic X sets like they are doing with Turtles (season sets broken down into two disc releases?)

I know they did that with like season 6 or something, but you say they started back at season 1?

Where can I find them?

Thanks for any info.

-X-
__________________
"Wisemen say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for a late pizza."
X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:50 PM   #87
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
Hm, first I forget about the Avatar 3.2 release date and now this - looks like school's distracting me too much from my cartoon DVDs...

The Walmart here tends to get 'em a little late anyway, so I'll just plan a trip in a week or so and hope it works out.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:32 PM   #88
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post
DUDE!!! JON!!!

Tell me you aren't kidding? So you are saying that they are releasing - or already have released - Sonic X sets like they are doing with Turtles (season sets broken down into two disc releases?)

I know they did that with like season 6 or something, but you say they started back at season 1?

Where can I find them?

Thanks for any info.

-X-
Hey, I'D like to know this, too! I've been wanting to find the Sonic X DVDs, too, since 4Kruds is too dumb these days to run anything good on their schedule (BESIDES the Turtles, anyway), and won't run the eps on the schdule anymore!

(I DID have Eps 1 through 3 recorded off on my DVR awhile back, and was going to record them off onto DVD, as I can't find even the three-ep ones now, but my oldest niece got mad at me for something, and deleted them all. Guess she thought that I wouldn't find out til it was too late, but she forgot that you can check the history of stuff like this on the DVR box itself, which I did. Consequently, I DID find out, and MAD did not even BEGIN to describe Aunt Wolfie's mood afterwards!

And everybody around here thinks that Cody from Fast Forward is/was annoying...........!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Ninja View Post
The Walmart here tends to get 'em a little late anyway, so I'll just plan a trip in a week or so and hope it works out.
Yeah, ours is, too, so I'LL probably be doing the same thing. Good thing it's only a block or two from my house. An easy and enjoyable walk, that.

Although I hope that the weather cooperates with me. Otherwise I'm gonna wind up calling the danged store like I did today!
__________________
Brother against brother...........

Last edited by Whitewolf89; 02-19-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:05 AM   #89
Jon
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,356
*For both X and Wolf*


The 2-Disc releases they have for Sonic X are--

Season 5 and So Long Sonic (doing the end of Sonic X); and then a more recent one The New World Saga (though I haven't picked it up yet), which is back to the beginning. But that's all there have been so far.

As for finding them, just have to check stores is all I can say to that. I happened to see New World Saga at an FYE, but wasn't able to get it at the time -- and it was gone next time I went!

Last edited by Jon; 02-20-2008 at 02:16 AM.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:03 AM   #90
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE
 
tOkKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
Posts: 1,729
Post 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
Ah. 29% off at Amazon. No additional features = cheap charlie price. And I keep thinking of LOST season sets that are pricey. This is TMNT. Fool that I am.
-->> ..you saving your original discs too ..i mean for the little extras like the interviews and such .. ..??

Initially i wasn't ..but that woulda been lame on my part..


.. >v<
__________________
666

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:45 AM   #91
X
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 767
So wait, do I have to buy the season 5 and so long Sonic sets to complete the seasons, or do you think they will redo those seasons, or reissue them after they do the first batch of season releases starting with New World Saga?

I ask because if they redo season 4 on TMNT it will mean I don't have to track down the now hard to find Season 5 of Sonic X and So Long Sonic (season 6,) and can just wait for them to re-release them.

Oh and by the way the second Sonic X set will be out in May called, "The Chaos Emerald Saga," which has another set of 13 episodes.

-X-
__________________
"Wisemen say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for a late pizza."
X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:55 AM   #92
Jon
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post
So wait, do I have to buy the season 5 and so long Sonic sets to complete the seasons, or do you think they will redo those seasons, or reissue them after they do the first batch of season releases starting with New World Saga?

I ask because if they redo season 4 on TMNT it will mean I don't have to track down the now hard to find Season 5 of Sonic X and So Long Sonic (season 6,) and can just wait for them to re-release them.

Oh and by the way the second Sonic X set will be out in May called, "The Chaos Emerald Saga," which has another set of 13 episodes.

-X-


Not sure (if those 2-Disc releases will be redone, for either show). As for Season 5 and So Long Sonic, I think they're both basically for Season 5 of Sonic X (as those DVDs cover the Metirex Saga).

And thanks for the info on the next Sonic X DVD.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:37 PM   #93
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
I got season 2 part one today at best buy, didn't feel like waiting for wal-mart to get it a month later or target to get it at all.
I paid about $14.00 with tax for the thing a bit more than these usualy are..I think it's a bit of a rip off but hey whatever..
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:11 AM   #94
X
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 767
Yea I ordered mine, and will have it tomorrow or Saturday for sure. Thanks for the hdeas up Jon.

I may buy season 5 and So Long Sonic, just incase they don't redo those.

-X-
__________________
"Wisemen say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for a late pizza."
X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:42 PM   #95
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
Found it at FYE for 16.99 and didn't buy it.

K-mart and Wal-mart were useless...
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #96
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I sure do hope that Usagi graces the cover art of 'Part 2' in the Fall. It'd be just wrong to give Dr. Honeycutt that opportunity to shine, but not everyone's favorite samurai bunny.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:31 PM   #97
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I sure do hope that Usagi graces the cover art of 'Part 2' in the Fall. It'd be just wrong to give Dr. Honeycutt that opportunity to shine, but not everyone's favorite samurai bunny.
My guess would be that the cover will be about city at war...I'm just wondering why they didn't squeez reuturn to the underground on this part 1 set.
It just seems odd to start part 2 off like that...It'd be great if they had all of the characters going at it on the next cover, but I'm really thinking they're going to go for the City At War thing.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:50 PM   #98
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,180
I wonder if we'll get four releases this year again, that case we would have Season 3 pt.1 this year as well. With Ninja Tribunal coming out in May we basically have S1,2,5,6 on this format and can finish off S3,4 in 09.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #99
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Yeah. I think they plan to have the entire 2K3 series available on DVD for the 25th anniversary.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:02 PM   #100
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,180
heh, I doub't thats there plan but its still good news for us.


Kind of off topic but I wish they did Kirby in sets like these too.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.