The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2003, 07:40 AM   #81
Nturtle
Ninja Master
 
Nturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Technodrome Airducts
Posts: 5,215
Nice!!! He looks ready to kick some english arse!
__________________
Fil rules. If Fil takes your 5 bucks then you should be eternally grateful that Fil would even borrow your money. Fil.
Nturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 07:44 AM   #82
JameO
Mad Scientist
 
JameO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,753
Very nice Aig. And thanks for encouragement NTurtle.
__________________
"Lie, Cheat & Steal, Atleast I'm Honest"
JameO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 09:19 AM   #83
Aignatius
Hench Mutant
 
Aignatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: California
Posts: 318
Re: My June artjitsu piece

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoMeinHu
SWEETNESS!!!! It's my favorite turtle Leo crossed with one of my favorite movies Braveheart!! Can't go wrong there!
Thanks for the compliments everyone! Always a big boost for me.

Yeah, loved Braveheart, it's an inspiring movie in some ways, but horrendously tragic. Poor Mel...

I did this drawing in hard copy for a good friend who is also into Leo big time and things Scottish. She did a Duncan MacLeo piece that I'm trying to convince her to put back up...

Trouble is, .[whine]. My digital tablet is wearing out and doesn't work so well any more. It's hooked up to my old system that has the scanner on it. I need to get another one for this new machine, but the one I want is pretty expensive, and they're going to flippin' TRIPLE the yearly vehicle registration fee here in CA because the government seems to have messed up, prices are going up all over.... argh....[/whine].

Okay! I'm fine, now.

But that is why I have to do the piece all on paper first and then scan it rather than sketch it and finish it in Photoshop. Can't control the digital pen so well any more.
BTW, I drew this about 14 times before I got it the way I wanted it. Thats why I like to use cheap printer paper. I have a box full of reams of it, so I can just draw away, and then grab a another sheet, draw... no erasing. Erasing is distracting. Dunno, maybe I should mention this in the tutorial thread? Would that be helpful for anyone? Heck, I'm always wanting to know what other artists do...

Sorry, just had coffee, a bit chatty at the moment...
__________________
I never realized how thirsty I was until I met a glass of water.
Aignatius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 09:40 AM   #84
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Whaaaa-haaaaa-wow! That's a cool work of art indeed, Aig. And despite the title in the file name, the first thing I thought of was Leo's MacLeo character too.

Nonetheless, I love the idea, since I also like Braveheart. The details in the plaid kilt and the sword, is cool too!

As far as the drawing tablet goes.... well, join the rest of us, who still have to draw on paper, scan, and then PS color. I have heard many thing about those Wacom tablets, but I have yet to invest in one myself.
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 12:25 PM   #85
Aignatius
Hench Mutant
 
Aignatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: California
Posts: 318
My current one is a Kurta 5X7 but I guess they don't make that kind any more. I'm now looking at the Wacom Intuos line...
I had to have one for the illustration work I did over the years.
It used to be clicking one pixel at a time with a mouse. I used to make my sprites that way, but was quite time consuming. With a dig. pen and tablet, it's like painting with real materials... *stifles whimper while looking at Intuos package*
__________________
I never realized how thirsty I was until I met a glass of water.
Aignatius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 02:35 PM   #86
Skeletoncrew
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bearing in on your spicy brains
Posts: 3,275
By God! I love a man in a kilt! Excellent work Aig!
__________________

Adult TMNT fan art and fiction contest Now accepting entries!
Skeletoncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 03:57 PM   #87
Aignatius
Hench Mutant
 
Aignatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: California
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletoncrew
By God! I love a man in a kilt! Excellent work Aig!
Ha! I was *waiting* for somebody to say that...
__________________
I never realized how thirsty I was until I met a glass of water.
Aignatius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 05:43 PM   #88
Skeletoncrew
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bearing in on your spicy brains
Posts: 3,275
I've got a thing for men in kilts. I think they are totally sexy and I'd love to get my hands on a man in a kilt some day.

Incidentally, I've always thought Splinter would like kilts. If he's an intact male rat (admittedly, in the cartoons you never see anything so he COULD be neutered), then he probably has proportionally sized rat bits. (Ever seen a male rat? They've got CAJONES. BIG cajones.) He would not be into wearing tight pants. I think he'd like the freedom and modesty offered by a good kilt. At least, a kilt would be more modest than the short robes he's always wearing in the cartoons.
__________________

Adult TMNT fan art and fiction contest Now accepting entries!
Skeletoncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 06:36 PM   #89
Kameko
Sister to the TMNT
 
Kameko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
Posts: 2,756
I never thought of that, SC.
Kameko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 06:55 PM   #90
Nturtle
Ninja Master
 
Nturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Technodrome Airducts
Posts: 5,215
She did her research...
__________________
Fil rules. If Fil takes your 5 bucks then you should be eternally grateful that Fil would even borrow your money. Fil.
Nturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 11:11 PM   #91
Skeletoncrew
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bearing in on your spicy brains
Posts: 3,275
I used to own 21 rats. Approximately half were male. So yeah, I have a bit of first hand experience with rat anatomy.
__________________

Adult TMNT fan art and fiction contest Now accepting entries!
Skeletoncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 09:35 AM   #92
The 7th Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: the Holy Land
Posts: 551
on topic: i've drawn a pic (which i think is good, but that's my stupid view) of a turtle in the Ice Age... but i haven't got a scanner so i'll have to wait until i'll go to my friend who has one. plus, i don't have any website to store the pic...
__________________
take care now,
bye bye then...

A-C forever!!!!!
same with A-P!
The 7th Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 11:47 AM   #93
JameO
Mad Scientist
 
JameO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 7th Turtle
on topic: i've drawn a pic (which i think is good, but that's my stupid view) of a turtle in the Ice Age... but i haven't got a scanner so i'll have to wait until i'll go to my friend who has one. plus, i don't have any website to store the pic...
Once you got it scanned set up an account at www.picturetrail.com and then you can host it there and then upload the picture and move it to the album of choice and then right click on the image properties and get the link and post it here. Can't wait to see the tmnt in the ice ages.
__________________
"Lie, Cheat & Steal, Atleast I'm Honest"
JameO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 02:57 PM   #94
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
You know, I have heard that Picture Trail will suddenly delete files if you use too much of their space and remote linking.

A pretty good art sight I've heard about is DeviantART. http://www.deviantart.com/
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 04:16 PM   #95
Nturtle
Ninja Master
 
Nturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Technodrome Airducts
Posts: 5,215
Or make an account on Angelfire
__________________
Fil rules. If Fil takes your 5 bucks then you should be eternally grateful that Fil would even borrow your money. Fil.
Nturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 05:38 AM   #96
The 7th Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: the Holy Land
Posts: 551
I'll try the www.picturetrail.com... i'm not very good in HTML so AngelFire isn't going to work
thanks anyway
__________________
take care now,
bye bye then...

A-C forever!!!!!
same with A-P!
The 7th Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 06:03 AM   #97
The 7th Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: the Holy Land
Posts: 551
ok, so here's my pic, a turtle in the Ice Age! it's not funny, it's baddly drawn, and it's too stupid to look at. please don't laugh at ME so hurd...

__________________
take care now,
bye bye then...

A-C forever!!!!!
same with A-P!
The 7th Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 07:28 AM   #98
Nturtle
Ninja Master
 
Nturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Technodrome Airducts
Posts: 5,215
I like it!!!
__________________
Fil rules. If Fil takes your 5 bucks then you should be eternally grateful that Fil would even borrow your money. Fil.
Nturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 09:20 AM   #99
Loolaa
Mad Scientist
 
Loolaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,018
I love the ice age pic, the turtle's expression is priceless!

And wow... speechless at Aig's art as usual...

Here is my contribution, it's just a quick doodle as I haven't been able to find time. It was supposed to be a victorian turtle... but it kind of came of like the artful dodger in Oliver Twist.. more of a turtle in a book than turtle in history...

He's kind of creepy looking, too....

You'll need to copy and paste:
http://www.geocities.com/lo0laa/artfulturtle.jpg
__________________
...art stuff..
Loolaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 11:02 AM   #100
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Wow.. those two are very cool Seven's is funny, I like the humor. And Loolaa's is dark looking indeed.

"Elementatry, my dear Watson!"
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.