The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #81
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
An actor of his pedigree wasn't chosen just to be a voice actor. They chose him because of his face and acting skills.
You're right, it's totally unthinkable because no high profile actor has ever been cast for a voice actor role. (Cue every high profile actor that has been cast for a voice actor role in practically every animated movie in the last 5 years)
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #82
CinematicESP
Thug
 
CinematicESP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 50
They did cast two different actors in the 1990 film for the costume and voice. Hopefully that's what they're doing this time.
CinematicESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #83
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphroehler2003 View Post
Wow. Really.

I would have at least liked someone who can do... I don't know...Martial arts in the role.

But hey, that's just me being picky.
Well, to be fair, Shredder really only did a lot of pointing menacingly, slicing things and using laser guns in the OT, which is quite apparently the source of inspiration.

*sigh*

My ass will still be planted in the seat day one at the theaters.

The positive in this is that William Fichtner is actually a good actor!
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #84
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
My ass will still be planted in the seat day one at the theaters.
I'm glad one person in this thread is being honest with themselves.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #85
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
I'm glad one person in this thread is being honest with themselves.
Actually, I'm going to spend my time by sitting my ass down and watching the 2003 cartoon from beginning to end, while everyone else's ass is planted in the theater.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #86
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
I'll be in the theater because how can you hate on something without ever seeing it?

I have to see the movie to post all my problems with it don't I? Also to see how badly they screw up Shredder.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #87
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist
 
Refractive Reflections's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,371
Somewhat disappointed with the whole whitewashing aspect, but not too surprised. What I'm more surprised is that they chose this particular actor with his age, being 56 (uh, was Oroku Saki that old in any of the reinterpretations?) ...Nevertheless, I'm sure they'll use a stunt/martial arts double if his character does any fighting scenes.

Out of curiosity, lol, it would interesting to see Fichtner's screen test, in trying to be the "Shredder", where the casting director thought "He's the best for Shredder!" Well we can only see how Fichtner can pull it off...
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #88
Welmanshire
Hench Mutant
 
Welmanshire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
An actor of his pedigree wasn't chosen just to be a voice actor. They chose him because of his face and acting skills.
Tom Hardy. Bane.
Welmanshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #89
Vi11AiN6
Foot Soldier
 
Vi11AiN6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welmanshire View Post
Tom Hardy. Bane.

Uhm Tom Hardy could be April O'neil if they could cast it. Tom Hardy could be ANY character and it would be an up grade!!!!

Tom Hardy is god in film... Says the guy whi aparently is a homophobe whent it comes to comics..
Vi11AiN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #90
Brodie
Certified Teacher
 
Brodie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bizarro Metropolis
Posts: 6,495
This is great. This guy is pretty stellar. He can be incredibly intimidating and menacing when he needs to be. Sold.
__________________
Brodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #91
Tora
Hench Mutant
 
Tora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 254
It just hit me. William Fichtner played Colonel William Sharp in Michael Bay's Armageddon! I wonder if this could be by he was considered to play a Colonel in the new movie...

He also played in Bays Pearl Harbor. I guess he has some ties to Bay then.
Tora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #92
Miles
Thug
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYX View Post
Out of curiosity, lol, it would interesting to see Fichtner's screen test, in trying to be the "Shredder", where the casting director thought "He's the best for Shredder!" Well we can only see how Fichtner can pull it off...
I'm not sure there was a screen test. Sounds more like a called in favor "Hey, I know a guy who knows this guy, and I told him we'd call if..."

Really, Hollywood's just not where it's at any more. If I want quality visual, dramatic entertainment, I'll see what new TV shows are starting up. Oy.
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #93
jerome
Foot Soldier
 
jerome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 132
I just think the lack of film blogs reporting on this shows how little people care about this new film already. Its like they built up all this awareness with the "Alien controversy" and now have just screwed everything up so badly that no one aside from people on this message board even care anymore.

Slashfilm didn't report on this. IGN didn't report on this...and I'd think those would be the go to places for news of this kind...in fact the only widely read film blog to post about this was cinema blend...this movie will be lucky to do After Earth type business...
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #94
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist
 
Refractive Reflections's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome View Post
I just think the lack of film blogs reporting on this shows how little people care about this new film already. Its like they built up all this awareness with the "Alien controversy" and now have just screwed everything up so badly that no one aside from people on this message board even care anymore.

Slashfilm didn't report on this. IGN didn't report on this...and I'd think those would be the go to places for news of this kind...in fact the only widely read film blog to post about this was cinema blend...this movie will be lucky to do After Earth type business...
That's partially true because of course the entertainment media loves to report some form of controversy or strife over how something is being produced (i.e. the alien TMNT controversy), but I think it's mostly just that William Fichtner is not as popular/cool as Megan Fox. ...He's not as trendy as young Hollywood, that's why.

I'm sure if this film had a ensemble cast of popular actors and actresses, we would be flooded with this casting news. Two prominent examples were the films "New Year's Eve" and "Valentine's Day", they were generally panned by critics after its release, but so many entertainment news outlets were saturating their programs about them since there were so many popular actors/actresses.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #95
jerome
Foot Soldier
 
jerome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYX View Post
That's partially true because of course the entertainment media loves to report some form of controversy or strife over how something is being produced (i.e. the alien TMNT controversy), but I think it's mostly just that William Fichtner is not as popular/cool as Megan Fox. ...He's not as trendy as young Hollywood, that's why.

I'm sure if this film had a ensemble cast of popular actors and actresses, we would be flooded with this casting news. Two prominent examples were the films "New Year's Eve" and "Valentine's Day", they were generally panned by critics after its release, but so many entertainment news outlets were saturating their programs about them since there were so many popular actors/actresses.
IGN and Slashfilm have been making posts about every other casting decision...I was excited for a time because I thought even though this movie will be garbage at least the mainstream film media was reporting on it and treating the franchise like they do other big franchises (transformers, star wars, harry potter, etc) but now its back to "not reporting on that movie for kids" or "no need to post that article about shredder because our readers would rather read about the supposed maybe but probably not story idea for jurassic park 4".

I really saw a swelling of interest in this movie from people besides us die hard fans...Now thanks to danny woodburn, whoopi goldberg, will arnett, chris elliot's daughter, and now the guy from all those other Bay movies they've all gone back to not caring at all...Way to go guys. Enjoy your 25 million opening weekend.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #96
beardcore84
Foot Soldier
 
beardcore84's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 142
I can't wait to enjoy this movie.
beardcore84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:59 PM   #97
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welmanshire View Post
The editor from Movie.com was on set and said this -

https://twitter.com/ErikDavis/status/347856180787421185

https://twitter.com/ErikDavis/status/347857199055376384

Hopefully it is as he says
I'm happy to hear anything positive. But he's a film critic on a movie set... what else is he supposed to say about being there? Of course it probably looks great from that POV.

I hope we see footage or at least some official promo shots at this year's comic-con. Then I can start forming better opinions. I'm sure the film will look pretty nice if nothing else.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:19 PM   #98
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
I'm happy to hear anything positive. But he's a film critic on a movie set... what else is he supposed to say about being there? Of course it probably looks great from that POV.

I hope we see footage or at least some official promo shots at this year's comic-con. Then I can start forming better opinions. I'm sure the film will look pretty nice if nothing else.
Yeah, I really hope there's a panel for the movie and they show some Concept art of what the Turtles will look like.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #99
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Sounds nothing like a TMNT movie to be. I actually would have taken a full blown Fred Wolf movie over the Turtles being aliens and Shredder being white.

The Technodrome and Krang would have looked cool at least in live-action.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #100
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'll be in the theater because how can you hate on something without ever seeing it?.

Is this a serious question? Go back and read every post you've made about the movie. That's how you hate on something without seeing it.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
movie casting


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.