The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2014, 06:20 PM   #81
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I hope for the former, I like the more scifi stuff, The gritty stuff has been done to death, And we need a TMNT movie that has the more scifi elements to it, Though TMNT 3 had time travel, which itself is scifi, But I like the stuff that's more otherworldly.
We've already gotten the sci-fi stuff. TMNT 2007 was really sic-fi. The inter-dimensional portals, stone generals and monsters and.... *sigh* ugh. lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Kevin Munroe actually tried to do something for the franchise, but that movie was so cheesy and forgettable. Terrible story.
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #82
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYShell View Post
We've already gotten the sci-fi stuff. TMNT 2007 was really sic-fi. The inter-dimensional portals, stone generals and monsters and.... *sigh* ugh. lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Kevin Munroe actually tried to do something for the franchise, but that movie was so cheesy and forgettable. Terrible story.
Which is why maybe this new live action movie will do things right, since its borrowing from other elements.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:24 PM   #83
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
Fichtner being signed on for two more films doesn't mean much if he isn't the true Shredder. I doubt he was paid enough for Paramount to "force" him in the sequel, that's probably not even been thought about yet.
__________________

Last edited by MastahShredder; 03-30-2014 at 08:47 PM.
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:43 PM   #84
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
I gotta say...this talk of Utroms actually has me slightly excited for the movie with its possibilities. There hasn't been much regarding this movie that has done that so far.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:00 PM   #85
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
__________________
xChri5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:01 PM   #86
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by xChri5x View Post
Everything's comin up Krang!
http://i.imgur.com/lj5GXGM.jpg?1
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:19 PM   #87
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
We've had a Turtles movie grounded in realism, I think the movie verse needs to embrace some of the sci-fi elements to give something more than Turtles, Shredder and Foot. I would love to see some Utroms or Kraang or Krang...or any variation thereof. Personally I want to see a Triceraton on the big screen...

Honestly there is alot more Sci-Fi in the comics than gritty realism at this point. I say embrace the Sci-Fi, the Mysticism, the Supernatural...not to the point of Justice Force or any other super-hero teams, but to the point that some of these things do exist, and as such ground them in some form of arguable "realism."

Why can't aliens exist without making the movie completely standard science fiction fare? So bring in the Utroms, heck, bring in Leatherhead...don't go Fred Wolf of Nick Turtles overboard with Mutants, but what's the hurt in expanding the Universe to something more than Frank Miller inspired Turtles?

Oh yeah, and definitely a Triceraton, because Triceratons are cool...
Yes, and since ILM is doing the CGI, I can see these turning out pretty sweet.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:24 PM   #88
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
We've had a Turtles movie grounded in realism, I think the movie verse needs to embrace some of the sci-fi elements to give something more than Turtles, Shredder and Foot. I would love to see some Utroms or Kraang or Krang...or any variation thereof. Personally I want to see a Triceraton on the big screen...

Honestly there is alot more Sci-Fi in the comics than gritty realism at this point. I say embrace the Sci-Fi, the Mysticism, the Supernatural...not to the point of Justice Force or any other super-hero teams, but to the point that some of these things do exist, and as such ground them in some form of arguable "realism."

Why can't aliens exist without making the movie completely standard science fiction fare? So bring in the Utroms, heck, bring in Leatherhead...don't go Fred Wolf of Nick Turtles overboard with Mutants, but what's the hurt in expanding the Universe to something more than Frank Miller inspired Turtles?

Oh yeah, and definitely a Triceraton, because Triceratons are cool...
I would imagine we would see a Justice Force team show up in future sequels, If the Turtles become well known in this world, It could probably inspired other people to become superheroes, Like that one dude from the Nick series.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:32 PM   #89
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
I agree with you and love a more grounded film, however since their trying to make a trilogy I believe the Sci-Fi aspect helps that a lot more in stretching it out and creating a larger universe.
Well, the alien aspect is probably the only thing that the movie verse has yet to tackle. So, why not?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:00 PM   #90
Huzzah
Mad Scientist
 
Huzzah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,124
I can deal with minimal mutants, aliens, spirits and such...I just really don't want to see this world's versions of superheroes...I never liked seeing them in any version of the series truthfully. Honestly the only time superheroes in the Turtle-verse never bothered me was in the Image run of the series...and that's a horse of a different color there.

@warhorse I know, right? Mo-capped, massive aliens with a Triceratops head courtesy of a major effects guru, beating the crap out of the Turtles could look freakin sweet. Plus, kids still dig dinosaurs...
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:11 PM   #91
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
The fact to the matter is, I don't want more of the same, I wanna see something different, Which is why I think this film is going more towards scifi.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:17 PM   #92
Huzzah
Mad Scientist
 
Huzzah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
The fact to the matter is, I don't want more of the same, I wanna see something different, Which is why I think this film is going more towards scifi.
This is kind of my thoughts as well. If I want something more akin to the original Mirage run in a movie, I still have the original film. I mean the heavy sci-fi element from the comics has never been done on film, so why not go that direction.

Now, if we decide to veer into time-travel again...I want Renet, if she had been part of TMNT 3, I wouldn't have quite as much disdain for it...
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:21 PM   #93
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
This is kind of my thoughts as well. If I want something more akin to the original Mirage run in a movie, I still have the original film. I mean the heavy sci-fi element from the comics has never been done on film, so why not go that direction.

Now, if we decide to veer into time-travel again...I want Renet, if she had been part of TMNT 3, I wouldn't have quite as much disdain for it...
I could see a TMNT sequel turning into sort of an alien invasion film when the Triceratons show up on earth.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:55 PM   #94
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
Here comes the dynamite.

"There are guys who become the Shredder"

"Eric Sachs...or Oroku Saki..so I've read".



Skip to 1:13. It's old but now it makes sense.
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:52 PM   #95
Dirty Blond
Stone Warrior
 
Dirty Blond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 827
Dirty Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:25 AM   #96
Raptor86
Stone Warrior
 
Raptor86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palermo, Italy
Posts: 553
With this find, I think this movie has more things to reveal than we expected...

I do not like very much all the sci-fi aspect in the TMNT universe, but they are a big part of the turtle myth, so it will be really a good thing to have a movie based on that!
__________________
TMNTItalia
Raptor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:01 AM   #97
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastahShredder View Post
Here comes the dynamite.

"There are guys who become the Shredder"

"Eric Sachs...or Oroku Saki..so I've read".



Skip to 1:13. It's old but now it makes sense.

thanks for sharing!...hmmm..really a lot of things to ponder about before we get to be exposed to new snippets from the actual film...
on topic, I would very much welcome the utroms in this film.I hope they would be portrayed like they were originally written in the eastman and laird books up to vol 4(which is where apart from the fourth or fifth issue of vol 1 you probably get the best view on them)...

your video makes me imagine THIS shredder to be very interested in the exploits of oroku saki, who once wore the mantle of the shredder and now this erich sachs is going to put it on...in my oppinion I think THIS is what he may talk about in the teaser when he says they had in mind to create heroes...I don't necessarily connect that sentence to the turtles at all.I mean it could be understood that way but I hope its deeper than that.he may be talking about their plans to establish the foot..or this paramilitary group, a special ops kinda operation who would not be 'bound' by the law..

hey guys, do you think we'll get a new trailer with cap II?or will they only be showing the teaser in theaters?
by the way, the turtles teaser has been on tv in the news in germany!everybody is hyped about the movie
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:13 AM   #98
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
If we do get the Utroms I imagine they'll be more in line with that of the 4kids series or IDW comics, depending on whether or not they're evil, I guess.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:30 AM   #99
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
By the sounds of it again..it seems like he doesn't even know what the hell is going on. Hopefully it's not too confusing for the audience. Whatever route they are going with this.
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:32 AM   #100
Gokhan
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: portsmouth, virginia
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
Anyone else wondering what's that behind giant guy? (Let's just call him Krang)
That can't be the Technodrome, could it? and what's on those flags behind him?
I'd say a mountain behind him
__________________
"We must learn to live together as brothers, or perish together as fools" - martin luther king jr

"Never consider someone your priority, when they only consider you an option."
Gokhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, utroms


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.