The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 07:19 PM   #101
karailynn
Thug
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 53
Quote:
I hope April's origin is NORMAL! I know it isn't a realistic show, but the explanation from the comics is patheic!
Yeah..I'm not a fan of it either. I liked her being normal. I just wondered since they already hinted to it in that one episode. But, that could easily be overlooked or they could turn that into another episode where Rennett goes back in time and shows April something different than her orgin (like she does in the comics).
I just noticed that line of Rennett's when I watched the episode..and I always wondered what she was talking about. Then I saw the comics orgin story. I'd like to see an episode with April and Rennett...or just an April episode. Everyone else had their own stories, right? All the TMNT do....I can't remember if Casey did or not. ? But, I would like an April story with someone random like Raph or Mikey with April...instead of Donnie, since they typically are always together.
karailynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:18 PM   #102
Donatello
Stone Warrior
 
Donatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ny
Posts: 565
agreed about the new April origin. i think Peter really goes off the reservatyion with some of these stories. i think the whole April origin is annoying. was anybody hoping that she was more than just a normal person??

As for BTTS. I hope it's good. the phrase "up the humor level" does worry me. though i do beleve that the humor level of TMNT 2003 could have been upped. just the idea of that as a promotion frightens me a bit.

To me, TMNTFF was too stupid and flat, but as for the humor in the old show, to an extent i agree, there are alot of jokes in the show that make me laugh now, mostly from Raphael. That being said i think Raphael was the most horribly portrayed on the show, so i am torn as to how much i enjoy it. That personality is not Raph. It's just not him.

Writing on that show for Mike was ok, too dumb, yes, but it had a core to his character that was true to the true Mikey. Same with Leo.

I think Don could have been written better in the old toon. I prefer a grounded Donnie, with a sharp, smart sense of humor, and an interest in technology, rather than him be some impossible super-genius.

i often wonder how much better the old toon could have been if Raphael was Raphael, and Donatello was given the Sharp wit.

That's how the first Movie did it, and to me that's still the #1 incarnation of the TMNT
__________________
"There's no way to describe what I do. It's just me." -Andy Kaufman (my biggest inspiration, the TMNT being a close second)
Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:12 AM   #103
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello View Post

Writing on that show for Mike was ok, too dumb, yes, but it had a core to his character that was true to the true Mikey. Same with Leo.

I think Don could have been written better in the old toon. I prefer a grounded Donnie, with a sharp, smart sense of humor, and an interest in technology, rather than him be some impossible super-genius.

i often wonder how much better the old toon could have been if Raphael was Raphael, and Donatello was given the Sharp wit.
what are you talking about here? Are you talking about Fast Forward or the old toon series?
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:51 PM   #104
Bizzaro
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 40
What I'm hoping to see in BTTS

Wow, some of these ideas you guys come up with concerning villains for the new season are great. I'm not familiar with the comics since I'm totally blind and unable to go out and read them, but I do enjoy using keycommands and my ole faithful screen reader to travel around the Net lookin up info on some of the comic book baddies. I've never heard of Cha Ocho until a few minutes ago. So thanks for pointing this guy out to me. He'd be great to see in the new season, as would Blood Sucker. I read about him on the TMNT site under the comic synopses.
I hope the new season will have more continuity throughout the episodes. I loved the feel of the first 5 seasons. It felt very serialized to me and that made it feel like I was reading the comics rather than watching-- in my own way of course, an animated series.
I enjoyed Fast Forward in some aspects. But I'm glad to see the guys heading back to the present. I want to see the Rat King again. Maybe him and Bishop going at it toe to toe in an episode this coming season? Loved how crazy they made the Slayer in I, Monster. I liked Dragon's Brew from s4 and wonder if we'll see that wandering experiment Bishop let get away in that particular episode. I felt rather sorry for the beasty and hope to see him in a future season, if not this one than one after BTTS. Is Shredder due for a return? I've heard rumors of Charell making a comeback, but they might not go that direction since they've used him for three seasons already. I do hope to see him again though. I loved Tengu Shredder but I'm wanting to see more knock down drag out fights between the TMNT and their adversaries.
Is the scattered Splinter plot supposed to be carried throughout BTTS? I hope the turtles don't constantly have to keep going into some VR world to gather pieces of him. But if that does occur, I'm sure the writers will come up with something interesting... At least, I hope they will.

I love the idea concerning a darker season as well. I'm all for humor, but loved how dark the first 5 seasons were.
It would be nice to see Leo get to take on Charell one last time. I know he got over his anger issues, but I'd love to see him wipe the floor with that little creep. That little creep in a new exosuit, maybe? I felt like they let him off easy in Exodus pt. 2 and want to see one last rematch. But I'm open to anything in season 7, really. I just want to see more ongoing story arcs. Things that carry over from episode to episode. I absolutely love the whole serialization bit from ep 1 of the new toon to ep 116.(Since Nightmares recycled will never air, I guess there are actually 116 eps than 117 comprising seasons 1-5) Well, enough said. I've got my eyes on the future and am hoping for the best when it comes to BTTS. You guys have got me wanting to see more of these comic based villains, for sure.
Bizzaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:51 PM   #105
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Hey Biz, I'm not sure if we've ever discussed this, and you can totally tell me if we have, but you do know the Slayer and the Rat KIng are one in the same? Just wasn't sure from the reading of your post is all.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:08 PM   #106
Bizzaro
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Hey Biz, I'm not sure if we've ever discussed this, and you can totally tell me if we have, but you do know the Slayer and the Rat KIng are one in the same? Just wasn't sure from the reading of your post is all.
Oh yeah, I knew they were the same. Sometimes I refer to him as Ratking and others as the Slayer. I should really call him Ratking since that's really who he's meant to be, but I guess in some ways, he'll always be that cute lil Slayer from s3-E-24 when we first met him. Seriously though, I hope they bring Ratty back. Man, that laugh! hehe! I like how they did the cybernetic thing with half his face. At least that's what the synopsis from TMNT.com says. Was he still able to cloak himself in I, Monster or was that only seen in Bishop's Gambit?
Bizzaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:50 AM   #107
maryshine
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzaro View Post
Oh yeah, I knew they were the same. Sometimes I refer to him as Ratking and others as the Slayer. I should really call him Ratking since that's really who he's meant to be, but I guess in some ways, he'll always be that cute lil Slayer from s3-E-24 when we first met him. Seriously though, I hope they bring Ratty back. Man, that laugh! hehe! I like how they did the cybernetic thing with half his face. At least that's what the synopsis from TMNT.com says. Was he still able to cloak himself in I, Monster or was that only seen in Bishop's Gambit?
Yeah I hope they bring him back too. It would be great if they showed an episode over the sumer like they did with TMNT FF.
maryshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:04 AM   #108
Bizzaro
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshine View Post
Yeah I hope they bring him back too. It would be great if they showed an episode over the sumer like they did with TMNT FF.
Yes! If they released the first three eps of FF during the summer of 06, I'd certainly like to see the first episode of BTTS before it airs in September.
Yep, it'd be cool if they brought Ratty back. This incarnation of Ratking really means business and it'd be nice to see him go up against Agent Bishop or maybe Hun. I love those occasional baddy versus baddy confrontations.
Who knows? Maybe we'll get some sort of sneak peak. I just hope they don't stretch all 13 episodes out over several months though. You know the drill. Air 2 new episodes, then air 4 old ones, then are the next 3, then air 5 old ones. But since it is only 13 episodes in length, we might have to wait a little while for the occasional new ep. And I really hope this new season doesn't end on some sort of a major cliffhanger either! hehe! Oh that would suck.
Bizzaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:40 PM   #109
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by karailynn View Post
What about the Time temptress and April?
That's... an interesting way to spell 'Time Seamstress'... twice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzaro View Post
I'm not familiar with the comics since I'm totally blind and unable to go out and read them
Were you, by chance, Jester's competition in the Shredder auditions? O_o Either way, how do you manage the internet stuff? I'd guess voice-recognition/dictation software might be involved, but I've never had any that worked well enough to be worth the hassle.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:44 PM   #110
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Yep, Gobo. That's the guy.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:47 AM   #111
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzaro View Post
Yes! If they released the first three eps of FF during the summer of 06, I'd certainly like to see the first episode of BTTS before it airs in September.
Nehhhh.... I'd rather wait. Remember, we wound up seeing those three episodes three times before the rest of the season was shown. And since we have 13 episodes, I can only hope they'll space them out a little, but not as much as we'd see the first three episodes 10 times before we see the final one.


Quote:
Yep, it'd be cool if they brought Ratty back. This incarnation of Ratking really means business and it'd be nice to see him go up against Agent Bishop or maybe Hun. I love those occasional baddy versus baddy confrontations.
Who knows?
If Rat King doesn't make a single appearance, I'll be sorely disappointed. It's too bad we didn't even see him once in the "lost" season.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #112
Bizzaro
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
That's... an interesting way to spell 'Time Seamstress'... twice.

Were you, by chance, Jester's competition in the Shredder auditions? O_o Either way, how do you manage the internet stuff? I'd guess voice-recognition/dictation software might be involved, but I've never had any that worked well enough to be worth the hassle.
Haha! Yeah, that was me in the vid! I use a screen reader program called Jaws for windows. Since I can't use a mouse, I go with all the keycommands they have floating around out there. I'd have to say Jaws is the best one out there if you're reading anything from word documents to websites on the Net. I don't think it copies and pastes that well, but it'll do everything else if you give it a couple of light slams now and then. hehe!
Bizzaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:28 AM   #113
Bizzaro
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
Nehhhh.... I'd rather wait. Remember, we wound up seeing those three episodes three times before the rest of the season was shown. And since we have 13 episodes, I can only hope they'll space them out a little, but not as much as we'd see the first three episodes 10 times before we see the final one.




If Rat King doesn't make a single appearance, I'll be sorely disappointed. It's too bad we didn't even see him once in the "lost" season.
Yeah, I guess it'd suck to have to see the first three eps over and over again before they aired more new ones. I didn't even think about Ratking not being in the lost season. Now that you mention it, they really should have done something with him. Maybe if Nightmares Recycled had been produced, he could have been the wild card going around in Garbage Man's "world of compacters and shredders."
I wonder how they'll use him if they use him at all in the next season. Will he actually use dialogue this time around when interacting with the other characters or just go around laughing like a nutcase? I really liked how demented he was in I, Monster though, so I guess either way would be cool with me.
Bizzaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:39 PM   #114
turtle142
Random Punk
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 39
You know, at first I was really concerned when I heard that the BTTS designs would be based on TMNT, seeing as how I don't think those designs would work outside of that film. But after seeing all 4 turtles, april, casey, and now splinter, I can safely say this is a nice halfway point that takes the better aspects of TMNT and marries them with the sensabilities of the 03 cartoon. Of course in a perfect world I would have wanted the designs for the cartoon to remain exactly the same, but I realize they've got to brand this stuff, and pupils or no pupils, the turtle designs are still very true to the original 03 cartoon designs. And a big surprise for me here, I actually prefer this new casey jones model to the old one. This new one is very buff and has a lot more personality than the old. If they stick to their guns, and don't go too crazy with all the new ideas in this new season, I think we'll have a winner. So.... who else thinks we're due more cartoon continuity toys and videogames! (enough TMNT already!!!)
turtle142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:03 AM   #115
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I'm looking forward to BTTS for a slew of reasons. But the main one is I want to see what they do with Casey and April. I mean NT Casey tells April he loves her and then we got FF. So we know they got together because of Codey but I want to see the courtship. I mean Casey isn't your typical guy. Plus it would be cool to see Tales of the TMNT # 43 animated.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:40 PM   #116
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior
 
Jelly Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in front of the computer
Posts: 974
I'm not holding my breath but I really hope that the FF characters, save for maybe Serling, stay in the future and we don't hear from them. Although I wouldn't object to seeing April and Casey meet Cody.
__________________
Quote:
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Jelly Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:21 AM   #117
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by max winters View Post
I mean NT Casey tells April he loves her and then we got FF. So we know they got together because of Codey but I want to see the courtship.
Rumor has it that
Spoiler:
they were supposed to get engaged in "Nightmares Recycled".
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:05 AM   #118
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Rumor has it that
Spoiler:
they were supposed to get engaged in "Nightmares Recycled".

See that makes me sad now. Is there any hope to ever see that ep? Or do you think they'll do it just in a new ep? Like I said I would love to see Tales #43 animated.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:17 PM   #119
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
Well, in an attempt to bring the thread back to the original topic...
I can't say I think that Back to the Sewer will be a return to the awesomeness of seasons 1-4. Season 5 (the lost one) was okay, but had some serious flaws of the shark-jumping variety, and Fast Forward I gave up on after one or two episodes, as it just wasn't TMNT anymore. The movie was pretty good. I'm not so big on the bunch-of-monsters format, and the characterization of Mikey and Don was a bit weak, but the action, drama and over-all tone was quite good and the movie was enjoyable. The fact that Back to the Sewer is inspired by the movie is potentially a good sign, at least compared to what little I saw of Fast Forward, but it seems unlikely that the show will ever return to the quality of episodes like "Same As It Never Was" and "I, Monster".
Ideally, what sets the TMNT apart from other cartoon concepts is that it can get really dark, serious and dramatic and still allow itself to be funny without coming out a complete mess. In fact, the TMNT without darkness is a complete mess.
So I suppose all we can do is hope for writers who know what the TMNT should be, and most importantly how to write layered characters and emotionally resonant drama, because at the core of it, that's what any story needs.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:58 PM   #120
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
in what way was Donatello's characterization weak? I thought it was dead on and got much closer to his personality than the first live action film.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.