The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #101
willtupper
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 322
More Spoilers

Spoiler:


And then, after that happens...

Spoiler:
willtupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:12 PM   #102
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
I just got my issue today with an awesome full-body Leonardo sketch by Mr. Lawson (Thank You!), and I must say it was a pretty good issue. I won't give any spoilers, but my impressions are...

Spoiler:
Nothing terribly surprising to me, but Mike's story was pretty awesome. I suspected that something like this would happen, and I can't wait to see how things turn out.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:12 AM   #103
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I just ordered it. I can't believe the Laird sketch versions sold out after just 4 days. I asked in my order form if Dan Berger would do a sketch in mine since Laird mentioned on his blog others could be asked. I hope he does, I love his art.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:21 AM   #104
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I just ordered it. I can't believe the Laird sketch versions sold out after just 4 days. I asked in my order form if Dan Berger would do a sketch in mine since Laird mentioned on his blog others could be asked. I hope he does, I love his art.
You'll love December's issue of Tales then...
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:12 AM   #105
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
You'll love December's issue of Tales then...
Wait, what???
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:13 AM   #106
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Wait, what???
It's a Dan Berger issue to see out the year.
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:35 PM   #107
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior
 
Lordmylar06's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hurst, TX
Posts: 961
Woot! Just bought my copy of issue #30. I picked the Talbot sketch. How cool is it that on such a limited item, we get to pick which artist sketch we want? I think it's pretty damn classy.
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:49 PM   #108
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Wonder who out of the 'Drome will be lucky enough to get one of these bad boys?
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:02 PM   #109
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
Y'know, I'm not sure I've seen Berger's art before now. Tristan said Dan's supposed to draw the December issue of Tales, but has he drawn any other full issues of TMNT stuff? Out of the four, his turtles might be my favorite, but it could just be the angle he chose.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:15 PM   #110
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shelf View Post
Y'know, I'm not sure I've seen Berger's art before now. Tristan said Dan's supposed to draw the December issue of Tales, but has he drawn any other full issues of TMNT stuff? Out of the four, his turtles might be my favorite, but it could just be the angle he chose.
Just off the top of my head, Vol. 1 #45 "Leatherhead Too", Tales Vol.2 #51, and several others I can't remember.

And his style works really well with the TMNT. Can easily be cartoony or bad-ass depending on the moment.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:09 PM   #111
willtupper
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 322
I wonder if Mr. Berger's issue will be the April O'Neil "walkabout" issue that Tristan mentioned in a different thread.

Kind of hope that it is . Although I'll be happy with anything Mr. B does the drawings for. Anything, anytime, always.
willtupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:51 AM   #112
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by willtupper View Post
I wonder if Mr. Berger's issue will be the April O'Neil "walkabout" issue that Tristan mentioned in a different thread.
I will crush you. Unless you link me up. Until then, you are third on my "to crush" list. Right behind Bill O'Reilly and Nazis, but before cats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willtupper View Post
Kind of hope that it is . Although I'll be happy with anything Mr. B does the drawings for. Anything, anytime, always.
I think at one point Paul Harmon might've been going to draw it, but from what Dan said the story was about I'm pretty sure Dan will drive this one home just as well, if not better.
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #113
willtupper
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 322
Hey Kangaroo Jack,

Dude, I just spent the past 10 minutes looking for the thread where you mentioned that pertinent bit of information. Don't know where it is, now. But you DID say it. No way would have I made that up.

Even I'm not that crazy .

So anyway, yeah: look it up yourself.

And, again: I'm sorry about what that dingo did to your baby .
willtupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #114
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by willtupper View Post
Hey Kangaroo Jack,

Dude, I just spent the past 10 minutes looking for the thread where you mentioned that pertinent bit of information. Don't know where it is, now. But you DID say it. No way would have I made that up.

Even I'm not that crazy .

So anyway, yeah: look it up yourself.

And, again: I'm sorry about what that dingo did to your baby .
You just made the list Tupper.
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #115
willtupper
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 322
Oh yeah? Yeah?!?

Well, now you're on MY list, Jones.

How do you like them apples?

It's not my fault you say stuff and then can't find where you said it.

I ain't your secretary, Crocodile Dundee .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
You just made the list Tupper.
willtupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:40 PM   #116
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by willtupper View Post
Oh yeah? Yeah?!?

Well, now you're on MY list, Jones.

How do you like them apples?

It's not my fault you say stuff and then can't find where you said it.

I ain't your secretary, Crocodile Dundee .
I love them apples. How do you like them apples?
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #117
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
Got my copy (with and awesome Eric Talbot sketch!) in the mail today.
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:57 PM   #118
willtupper
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 322
If any of you happen to be joining us late, Tristan "Austrailian" Huw-Jones has for some reason thrown a catastrophic snit-fit, here in this thread, issuing vague threats pertaining to some "list" made by conservative talk show host Bill "O" Reilly's pet kitten Snuffles, and directed towards me, Will "American" Tupper.

All of this is concerning news that apparently Tristan revealed, here on the Thunderdome Message Boards, that perhaps he shouldn't have.

He is TOO TOO TOO lazy to look that information up himself, so he has thrown said catastrophic snit-fit, thus derailing the goodness that once was this thread.

We now return you to "Days of Our Turtles," already in progress.

PS - Them apples is delicious. Wanna come take a bite?

PPS - Seriously though, dude: WTF is your deal with all this, again?

PPPS - Isn't it weird how, like, if you take the name "Tristan Huw Jones," and, like, rearrange all the letters, and then, like, throw a bunch of the letters out, you're left with JESUS?!?!

Last edited by willtupper; 06-01-2009 at 11:18 PM. Reason: The Tristan Huw Jones Jesus Revelation!
willtupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #119
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by willtupper View Post
If any of you happen to be joining us late, Tristan "Austrailian" Huw-Jones has for some reason thrown a catastrophic snit-fit, here in this thread, issuing vague threats pertaining to some "list" made by conservative talk show host Bill "O" Reilly's pet kitten Snuffles, and directed towards me, Will "American" Tupper.
The mere fact that Will "Really the Devil" Tupper, for all his excellent skills in the art of writing, cannot manage to correctly spell "Australian", should be enough for him to be put to death. This is fact. And law. I am the law.

Quote:
All of this is concerning news that apparently Tristan revealed, here on the Thunderdome Message Boards, that perhaps he shouldn't have.
Hang on, are we being serious with this bit? Because I literally have no idea what you're referring to here. How long ago was this?

Are you talking about this: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...ril#post688746 ?

Quote:
He is TOO TOO TOO lazy to look that information up himself, so he has thrown said catastrophic snit-fit, thus derailing the goodness that once was this thread.
Says you you you!

We now return you to "Days of Our Turtles," already in progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willtupper View Post
PS - Them apples is delicious. Wanna come take a bite?
I already did. Look...
Quote:
PPS - Seriously though, dude: WTF is your deal with all this, again?
I am Spartacus. And the law.

Quote:
PPPS - Isn't it weird how, like, if you take the name "Tristan Huw Jones," and, like, rearrange all the letters, and then, like, throw a bunch of the letters out, you're left with JESUS?!?!
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:42 PM   #120
willtupper
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 322
It's late here, man. That's why my spelling's bad.

And I thought you were from Austria. Like Ah-nold?

Also, yes: that was what I was talking about. Pretty sure, but remember: it's late here.

And yet, why did you get all bent out of shape about it? Huh? Punk?

I simply stated that I hoped Dan "The Man" Berger would be the artist of said April issue.

THAT IS ALL.

PS - Bendis can't spell either!
willtupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comic discussion, volume 4


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.