The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #101
MajorViolence
Stone Warrior
 
MajorViolence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
And after reading a few other people's comments, a lot of people sound like they'd swallow absolutely anything with a TMNT sticker on it, even if it was garbage.

Generalizations are fun, aren't they?
That's not true! I sucked off a hobo last night with a TMNT sticker on his penis and I totally spat!
__________________
MajorViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:32 PM   #102
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well at least I was wary from the start. As soon as I saw those nostrils I knew all hope was lost. It was a sign.
for Christ sake shut the hell up about the damn nostrils you are f'n obsessed about them.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:32 PM   #103
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Next ones the charm.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:34 PM   #104
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddinpop View Post
Exactly.. So many folks frequented THIS sub forum on a daily basis literally just to trash and slander this movie. Everyday it was a different reason for why this movie would fail. EVERY REASON IN THE BOOK for why this movie would fail. Every geek site.. Every article, Every comment section.. This movie and it's production stood it's ground and kept on moving forward against all odds. So many people passionate and committed to it's failure. Nothing taste better than this. NOTHING! This movie will succeed in SPITE of everyone that made it their everyday duty trying to bury it in negativity.
I think a bit of correction in necessary here.

So many folks frequented THIS sub forum stating with reasons why they felt the movie would be awful not that it would fail.

There have been countless comments from many of the "leery" crowd that they felt that the movie would be a huge hit despite it likely being a bad movie in the same way that the Transformers movies are seen as bad by many and yet become hits. It's only comparitively recently that it looked like perhaps this movie might not go the same route due to things which looked like the studio hedging their bets.

For my part I've said myself that it would beat the recent projections due to them being made before promotion realy ramped up but after long thinking it would be a huge hit despite it being garbage but but was beginning to suspect it might...repeat might not be a runaway moneymaker after all. Was I wrong? Defenders of this movie talk as if this is a huge Transformers size smash but it aint getting anywhere near those numbers.

I don't think anyone should be gloating. Partly because while the movie may have had a successful opening week it's not the box office breaker worth bragging about a secondly that there was never a question of it being a flop but whether it'd actually be good.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:35 PM   #105
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorViolence View Post
That's not true! I sucked off a hobo last night with a TMNT sticker on his penis and I totally spat!

Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:37 PM   #106
Pondslider
Foot Soldier
 
Pondslider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 178
I have not seen the movie and probably won't see it in theaters. The fact that it's getting predictably hideous reviews is enough to make me not want to bother. Even people that are excited about this news in this thread have said it left a lot to be desired. I'm just wondering for those that have seen and have their list of things that need to be improved in the sequel have you seen the transformers movies? Each one got progressively worse and now that this has made a lot of money what incentive is there for the producers to do anything different? This was a cash grab and it worked for them. The second one won't be any different.
Pondslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:39 PM   #107
Werecat
Hench Mutant
 
Werecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 266
Well if the directors don't impede the writers I guess the second will be better. 'cause those writers you listed are good.
Werecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:39 PM   #108
ScrewtheMirageTMNT
Hench Mutant
 
ScrewtheMirageTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
And after reading a few other people's comments, a lot of people sound like they'd swallow absolutely anything with a TMNT sticker on it, even if it was garbage.

Generalizations are fun, aren't they?
Nah, ya see, the thing is that they just aren't major bigots when it comes to tmnt. Unlike some folks here.
ScrewtheMirageTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:41 PM   #109
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewtheMirageTMNT View Post
Nah, ya see, the thing is that they just aren't major bigots when it comes to tmnt. Unlike some folks here.
Did you just say Bigots?

HAHAHA...

Define bigots...TMNT Bigots.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:41 PM   #110
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecat View Post
Well if the directors don't impede the writers I guess the second will be better. 'cause those writers you listed are good.
Nemec and Applebaum?
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #111
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,177
I'm excited, I think the movie was good and look forward to another adventure in this universe. especially that they seem to know now where they are heading. As far as the release date, summers will be bloated with big movies every week, that's how it always is, if you don't want competition you release it another season, however even if there's more competition more people see movies in the summer which is why most movies are released then.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:43 PM   #112
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Your nonsensical comment is a major reach, bud. "Bigots"? The hell?

There's nothing wrong with anyone, anyone, who can take their "Fan Goggles" off for five seconds and see things as they are. In fact, they're better people if they can do that.

But then, there's that word again, "Objectivity", that absolutely no one has anymore, at least not around here.

Face it, that's the New Rule: You either blindly love everything TMNT, even if it's bad, or else you're (Some Dumb Insult Word). That's where we are now. F*ck that.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:45 PM   #113
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Nemec and Applebaum?
Great writers, sure. "Stupid rich."
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:46 PM   #114
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Come on guys, please stop the argueing. I don't want another thread locked.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:48 PM   #115
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Come on guys, please stop the argueing. I don't want another thread locked.
((Points)) That kid started it. He took my applejuice and then he called me a name.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:49 PM   #116
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
They keep pulling my hair!
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:52 PM   #117
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I'm pretty sure Shredder is a TMNT Bigot. He always called them "Wretched Reptiles" and stuff like it was a racial slur. I am positive, that Shredder in the OT, was a TMNT Bigot.

We have a new thing to say sometimes!
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #118
Puddinpop
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I think a bit of correction in necessary here.

So many folks frequented THIS sub forum stating with reasons why they felt the movie would be awful not that it would fail.

There have been countless comments from many of the "leery" crowd that they felt that the movie would be a huge hit despite it likely being a bad movie in the same way that the Transformers movies are seen as bad by many and yet become hits. It's only comparitively recently that it looked like perhaps this movie might not go the same route due to things which looked like the studio hedging their bets.

For my part I've said myself that it would beat the recent projections due to them being made before promotion realy ramped up but after long thinking it would be a huge hit despite it being garbage but but was beginning to suspect it might...repeat might not be a runaway moneymaker after all. Was I wrong? Defenders of this movie talk as if this is a huge Transformers size smash but it aint getting anywhere near those numbers.

I don't think anyone should be gloating. Partly because while the movie may have had a successful opening week it's not the box office breaker worth bragging about a secondly that there was never a question of it being a flop but whether it'd actually be good.
Blah blah bliblidee blah blah. Apparently you haven't been paying attention bud.
Let me break it down for you ok. I or anyone here has EVERY RIGHT to feel ecstatic about this news. You can sit here and continue to try and kill the buzz all you want. It hasn't worked for the last 8 months and it certainly ant going to work now. I'm sorry that after EVERYTHING that has gone down in this forum alone.. the constant negativity people obnoxiously rooting for this movie to fail.. that we feel the need to celebrate.

You can compare it to whatever the hell movie you want to ok? TMNT... the movie that everyone thought would flop.. is a hit success. It's number 1. God forbid fans be happy about it in the movie section of the forum. Your pessimistic mentality doesn't change anything. I'm not surprised to see some of you being a little bitter in this thread. It's amusing.

Cant wait to see Bebop Rocksteady and Casey Jones
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:57 PM   #119
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Ok... now how do we start voicing wishes for this? Not big stuff in terms of telling them what to write, but just important things we'd like to see done slightly differently that affect the whole thing.. Pacing (slow down a bit please), get Pete in for Leo's voice (please give Leo a bit more heart and not stuck in 'tough guy' mode nearly the whole time), etc.

While I'd been iffy on this film and I'm stuck in limbo of having enjoyed it reasonably enough however feeling a little empty on some aspects... I have to admit I'd like to see a sequel happen IF they can put more character development into the guys and let a second one patch up what my heart feels was missing this first time around.
Agree. If Fox can get 3 dimensions from some CGI apes, that are the stars of their movie, not the humans, (and hair is harder to CGI than reptile skin) then TMNT can do the same!

But yeah, Turtle development, (I would love to see them having to crash at April's place, should be interesting) ease up on the shaky cam, close up shots and quick editing, get a more cohesive script, and we might have something. Really, I think they should look into the Triceratons, it's something that hasn't been seen in the big screen yet. Hell, even Nick toon hasn't been using them yet, so it would be a way for the movie to be very distinct from the Nick toon.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:58 PM   #120
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I like how you Quoted Galactus for a reply but clearly didn't read a word he wrote. That's kinda funny. Not one word of your reply is related to anything Galactus said. Snicker.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.