![]() |
|
|
#101 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
I guess I gotta watch Earth to Eco
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#102 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
|
Naw, just go here
Staff Meeting: the movie Pretty well written, if you ask me. Too bad they don't have that writer. |
|
|
|
|
|
#103 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 357
|
If, the writers don't change I have a very strong feeling B&R are going to get the Skids and Mudflap ROTF treatment and the rest of the movie for that matter. Either way I look forward to the next 5 years so there can be a complete reboot and someone who actually cares about the characters takes over.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#104 | |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#105 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#106 | |
|
Samhain
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
|
Quote:
Nothing against the guy personally of course. Gotta pay bills and it's good for exposure. But Paramount will be pulling his strings. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#107 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
|
Quote:
Really, it's clear a reboot needs to happen, but, you know... baby steps? If we reward them with positivity, like children, we can train them. Next, we get rid of Fox, then Arnett, Applebum, Nemec, Fuller. Little by little, piece by piece. Last edited by Commenter 42; 12-05-2014 at 02:29 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#108 | |
|
Samhain
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
|
Quote:
Hit them on the nose with a rolled up newspaper like a naughty puppy. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#110 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
|
I just want new writers... this new film was all sorts of WTF.
And I never understood why Shredder was even there... and the whole film revolved around Sacks and O'Neil, the Turtles and Splinter felt like they were fit in just to sell the tickets. Plus the origin story is jacked up so there's no weight to Team Saki vs Team... uhh... self-taught Splinter Spoiler:
Different director, fine whatever. But lets get a better story written.
__________________
Check out, visit, support, and spread word of my original self published comic book ZOMBIE B.C.
http://www.facebook.com/OfficialZombieBC | http://OfficialZombieBC.tumblr.com created, written, drawn, etc by me. ![]() Inventory |
|
|
|
|
|
#111 |
|
The Agenda of Existing
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
|
![]() LOOK AT IT. Looook at the nostrils, Cubed! |
|
|
|
|
|
#112 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,035
|
So I looked Through what few movies there are reviews for, by the looks of it he's not a good director (although I would have to make my own judgements to determine that). It seems that we're in for another bad movie if that's really the case.
Spoiler:
Which I feel to be a bit of shame, I was really hoping to get at least one TMNT movie that is legitimately good. Out all five TMNT movies, the best one is really only mediocre, if even that... |
|
|
|
|
|
#113 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,203
|
Yes, because that was the biggest issue with the first movie
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#114 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
|
It would be funny if bebop and rocksteady were just mutated animals (not humans) or random mutated foot soldiers.... And then due to cyber fan backlash random scenes of a white guy and a black dude with purple hair are reshot last minute and crammed in there. XD
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#115 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Indiana
Posts: 182
|
I think this is great news. Im a fan of found footage flicks like Chronicle and Cloverfield so Ill have to check out Earth to Echo. It'll be nice to see what his vision brings to the big screen.. Yes, I know Bay is behind the scenes but this will still be interesting. I have a good feeling that some of the plot holes from the first will be explained in the sequel, especially after all of the fan outcry. Hopefully I should say lol.. But hey, I gotta say Im looking forward to it.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#116 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,715
|
So... we get a new director, one who's work is almost totally unkown, and so many here automatically know he's a yes man, automatically know this is going to be another terrible movie, automatically know bay is going to make every descison involing the movie, automatically know absolutely what kind of director he is, and how little he'll affect the film's quality? And you all definitely know this'll be another mess like the first film?
Yeahhhh, okay.... now I remember why I post here so little...
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell IDW is the best version of TMNT If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket. |
|
|
|
|
|
#117 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
|
It doesn't matter who the director is as long as Platinum Dunes, Nemec and Applebaum are involved.
This hire is nothing more than a cash play. PD wants to cut corners on costs to increase their returns. Don't think for a second that theyre going to use these savings on the movie in another way. They realize they can put anything out there and people will go see it. The fact that they brought back the Blue Door writers shows they don't give a crap about quality. |
|
|
|
|
|
#118 | |
|
Samhain
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
|
Quote:
That's it. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#119 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
|
Hmm. Ok. Will watch this space with an open mind. But I will say this...
I don't know Dave Green, but I do know that found-footage movies are not even remotely comparable to New Hollywood Cinema. Basic fundamental rules for camera work, script, editing, getting the best out of actors are irrelevant in found-footage films, so the quality of his existing work tells us nothing. The most important factor to me is whether or not he cares about the franchise. Is he a fan? What's his experience of TMNT? Is his main contact with TMNT the OT and if so, will he broaden his horizons and research other incarnations? We need someone who gives a sh!t. For all I know, he respects the franchise. If that's the case then, Dave, congratulations! Good luck to ya. I look forward to your work. As for Bebop and Rocksteady... Leibesman was banging on in another interview about the reason the turtles only had limited screen time was a budgetary one. By introducing more CGI characters they are going to either a) have to massively up the budget in order to give the turtles more exposure; or b) have the turtles as secondary characters again. I could deal with that in the first film because it seemed appropriate to introduce them through the eyes of someone relatable, but now it's the TURTLES' TURN to have central focus. I for one am very sceptical of that happening if there are more CGI characters in the mix. As someone said above, Bebop and Rocksteady will have to be done very well in order to deliver any kind of threat to the turtles and based on the first film I don't believe PD can do it - just look at the design and character of Splinter - a much more important character and a massive fail. Personally I'd rather see the turtles have more screen time and some character development than see another rehash of OT characters. The film will need to be nothing short of amazing to convince me that Bebop and Rocksteady have any place on the big screen. Promising fans OT villains at this early stage - before a script even exists - is just more smoke and mirrors. Right now I don't want to hear which characters are in it. I want to hear that they will do their best to make a coherent film with a plot that makes sense. All they're doing is pandering to the market that regards the OT as the source material and boasting about a cinematic spectacle (like the snow chase) as if that somehow exempts the movie from any other minimum standards. "We don't need the villains' plan to make sense - we have an awesome snow chase scene...." It just reeks of arse-about-face plotting, building a plot around a concept or character designed to capitalise on the mass-market, rather than utilising a concept or character that genuinely serves and benefits the plot. That's how plot-holes appear. Going public with this information at this very premature stage sets a worrying precedent for how this film is going to be treated. Not meaning to sound negative - I know a lot of you really want Bebop and Rocksteady. I just want a film that has its priorities right, ie a decent plot where the turtles are the main characters, and character development. |
|
|
|
|
|
#120 | |||
|
So Long, Stinktown!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
|
I've never heard of him, but losing Liebesman is a smart call. Nothing against him personally or anything, but his track record is sub-par and this movie was really badly directed, IMO.
I don't have any hope for sequels so long as the same decision-makers and writers are in place, but this... Quote:
![]() If they're serious about taking a new approach, a reboot is the smart option, IMO. Even a "soft reboot" that recasts the roles, changes the overall look and doesn't get into the origins again (or only does so vaguely), so the audience can either count it as a follow-up or a fresh start. But either way, losing one of the people responsible for making that movie what it was is definitely a good thing. It's not necessarily a solution, but it's something. And a less "experienced" director can be a good thing. We know Liebesman is basically a studio hack -- sorry, but it's true -- so an up-and-coming independent filmmaker could have the vision that Liebesman lacks. Whether or not that's actually the case, or if it'd make any difference as long as Bay's calling the shots... I'm less hopeful about. Quote:
Quote:
Like... you get that this itself is derailing the thread, right? Don't instigate and we'll be fine.
__________________
Last edited by Bry; 12-05-2014 at 08:30 AM. |
|||
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| dave green |
|
|