The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2015, 11:09 PM   #1181
rickwj324
Mad Scientist
 
rickwj324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
Playmates Karai is coming out before the minimates Karai which is coming put in the summer. I Don know when half shell heros Karai is coming out .
That Half Shell Karai WILL be mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
They're talking about a human version.
I hope we do get one eventually.
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:53 PM   #1182
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
They're talking about a human version.
The day we get human karai from Playmates is the day the paint their figures better and bring back the classics line.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:01 AM   #1183
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
They're talking about a human version.
They said "any" Karai not "human" Karai.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:12 AM   #1184
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
So when is Humanoid Karai?
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:09 AM   #1185
nimajneb
Stone Warrior
 
nimajneb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Croydon
Posts: 547
Playmates consistently state if there are high sales of the snake karai they will 'consider' a human Karai figure.

I think this is probably a no but we can be hopeful
__________________
[SIZE="2"]

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:39 AM   #1186
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
They said "any" Karai not "human" Karai.
You need to learn to read a little better:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector View Post
Soooo, am I the only one horribly disappointed that Lego, Minimates and this Half Shell Heroes line are all getting or have gotten human Karai before playmates even released any Karai? Cause this is just getting ridiculous.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:49 PM   #1187
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
The day we get human karai from Playmates is the day the paint their figures better and bring back the classics line.
or hell freezes over, lol whichever
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:25 PM   #1188
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogod View Post
You need to learn to read a little better:
I reread the post and you're right. Although I could have sworn it didn't say human.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 02:21 PM   #1189
Orochi
Foot Soldier
 
Orochi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 136
I wish all of the vehicle exclusive figures were as good as that Casey. Playmates need to use actual looks in the show as variations for the vehicles, or a least make them neat looking like those awesome Stealth turtles.
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 06:26 PM   #1190
Rukitron
Stone Warrior
 
Rukitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
That dock strike made the TMNT aisle empty of vehicles and other stuff, at least we got more basics in but the gross lack of paint apps and the usual stuff is getting out of hand. Only decent "new" releases we're getting later are those Fred Wolf-style slavish TMNT figures.
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 03:54 AM   #1191
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist
 
Spidergreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423


Dude said this was released on 1st March together with Shredder and Splinter but he didn't get the whole set 'cos it would cost too much so he just got the turtles.

2000 yen each.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:36 AM   #1192
Huzzah
Mad Scientist
 
Huzzah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,124
With Monkey Brains coming, all we're lacking is a Pigeon Pete figure to complete the Mutanimals, despite the woefully undersized Slash and Leatherhead, I always like seeing a team completed in action figure form, so I'm hoping Pete is on the way. Honestly, I may actually get that one if released, similar to the fact I'll probably get the Monkey Brains figure, despite the fact it will definitely need painting.
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:42 AM   #1193
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
With Monkey Brains coming, all we're lacking is a Pigeon Pete figure to complete the Mutanimals, despite the woefully undersized Slash and Leatherhead, I always like seeing a team completed in action figure form, so I'm hoping Pete is on the way. Honestly, I may actually get that one if released, similar to the fact I'll probably get the Monkey Brains figure, despite the fact it will definitely need painting.
I nagged playmates on facebook regarding Pigeon Pete. They are making him in Half Shell Heroes so they should make him in basic line.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:44 AM   #1194
Huzzah
Mad Scientist
 
Huzzah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,124
They're also making Karai in the Half Shell Heroes, but they seem insistent on not releasing her in the basic line...
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:07 PM   #1195
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,184
so umm... opinions on the Raphael from the comic turtles playmate line? I'm thinking about buying it.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:12 PM   #1196
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,164
I Pre-Ordered Stockman Fly on amazon thankfully I only had to spend $3.18 on him since Amazon gave me a credit for the difference of buying bebop and rocksteady from a 3rd party seller who jacked the prices up.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:30 PM   #1197
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
so umm... opinions on the Raphael from the comic turtles playmate line? I'm thinking about buying it.
Crappy articulation, strange likeness, wholly inaccurate colors, solid color weapons, & the hatching being deep grooves rather than painted on or made into scar tissue looks so awkward. I say, don't bother. Get a bootleg NECA figure. They're high quality, super articulated, their look is right outta the comics, the paint is stellar, I can't say enough good things about them.

If you wanted the black & white one, I guess that's a different story as the NECA versions of those are a lot harder to come by. But still.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:39 PM   #1198
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,184
Well I don't care that it's comic accurate, it just reminds me a lot of a new version of the vintage Raphael. The scar looking sculpted details I'm not a fan of but if it's a decent figure I'd like to pose him next to my Rev. Leo., I need other turtles in that scale from different lines.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:08 AM   #1199
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Figures with the Nick Basic scale would be undersized compared to the Revoltech figures, though.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 02:25 AM   #1200
Orochi
Foot Soldier
 
Orochi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Figures with the Nick Basic scale would be undersized compared to the Revoltech figures, though.
The Mirage turtles are out of scale with the basics anyway. Mirage ones were far shorter than the Nick ones. They should be close in scale going by actual heights of the characters.
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.