The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which song is the best?
Shell Shock-Gym Class Heroes 13 23.21%
Rip It Up-JET 3 5.36%
There's A Class For This-Cute Is What We Aim For 0 0%
Awww Dip-Cobra Starship 2 3.57%
Roses-Meg & Dia 1 1.79%
Bring Me Along-Pepper 0 0%
Fall Back Into My Life-Amber Pacific 0 0%
Red Flag-Billy Talent 5 8.93%
Walking On Water-This Providence 0 0%
Youth Like Tigers-Ever We Fall 0 0%
Lights Out (Chris Vrenna Remix)-P.O.D. 3 5.36%
Black Betty-Big City Rock 11 19.64%
I Love Being A Turtle 6 10.71%
Nightwatcher 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 11:19 PM   #121
bmxbandit
Foot Soldier
 
bmxbandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 205
awesome. i was hoping for panic at the disco but i'm glad to see gym class heroes, cute is what we aim for, and POD on there. i think its funny the song black betty is on the sound track. lol.
__________________
into cars or motorcycles? check out...
http://www.chaoscarclub.com
bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:21 PM   #122
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxbandit View Post
i think its funny the song black betty is on the sound track. lol.
Is this not a new song, and thus something I could find/download now?
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:35 PM   #123
bmxbandit
Foot Soldier
 
bmxbandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Is this not a new song, and thus something I could find/download now?
not if it is the same song i'm thinking it is...

i can't remember the original band who did the song but here you can listen to spiderbaits cover of the song...
http://www.myspace.com/spiderbaittheband
__________________
into cars or motorcycles? check out...
http://www.chaoscarclub.com
bmxbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:40 PM   #124
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Cool! Thanks for the link!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:02 AM   #125
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,188
the soundtrack is so so, there are a few stinkers (about half the album) but the other half is good. I expected a lot worse, especially after reading interviews about it. i posted links to youtube video's of songs by the artists the soundtrack one if i was able to find it.



1. Rip It Up - Jet

2. Shell Shock - Gym Class Heroes
3. Bebop V. Rocksteady - Cobra Starship

4. Roses - Meg And Dia

5. This Will End With A Promise - Amber Pacific
6. Black Betty - Big City Rock
7. Lights Out - P.O.D.
8. Walking On Water - This Providence (??? not familiar with them)
9. Youth Like Tigers - Ever We Fall
10. Bring Me Along - Pepper (dittto)
11. Red Flag - Billy Talent
12. There's A Class For This - Cute Is What We Aim For
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:24 AM   #126
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
You can listen to "Roses" here.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:38 AM   #127
RskimB
Hench Mutant
 
RskimB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: west coast
Posts: 302
with the excepption of the gym class heros(i hope) i'll likely be sorely disappointed with all these tracks
__________________
leswrite.com
RskimB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:39 AM   #128
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Dang. This is a bunch of alright as long as you don't try to pick it apart. The soundtrack could have turned out 50 times worse. We could have had "oh, I'm ready for it" on every track. Really, my fingers are crossed that Cobra Starship didn't actually put that in 'Rocksteady & Bebop'. That was what I disliked most about the Snakes on a Plane track. The lyrics were pretty lame too, but that's off-topic. The music was all there.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:25 AM   #129
VGiselleH
Thug
 
VGiselleH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
the soundtrack is so so, there are a few stinkers (about half the album) but the other half is good. I expected a lot worse, especially after reading interviews about it. i posted links to youtube video's of songs by the artists the soundtrack one if i was able to find it.



1. Rip It Up - Jet

2. Shell Shock - Gym Class Heroes
3. Bebop V. Rocksteady - Cobra Starship

4. Roses - Meg And Dia

5. This Will End With A Promise - Amber Pacific
6. Black Betty - Big City Rock
7. Lights Out - P.O.D.
8. Walking On Water - This Providence (??? not familiar with them)
9. Youth Like Tigers - Ever We Fall
10. Bring Me Along - Pepper (dittto)
11. Red Flag - Billy Talent
12. There's A Class For This - Cute Is What We Aim For
Thanks for those links! Some of those bands sound better than others, but overall, it sounds promising to me! ^_^
VGiselleH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:07 AM   #130
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
No scores? Aaw.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:10 AM   #131
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
I'm really hoping they release a separate score CD eventually.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:35 AM   #132
Sanjuro
Stone Warrior
 
Sanjuro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 598
I'm very disapointed. I want a musical score not boy bands.
Sanjuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:46 AM   #133
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
I'm very disapointed. I want a musical score not boy bands.
Exactly! This soundtrack sucks. Guess I'll be canceling my preorder.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 10:56 AM   #134
Sanjuro
Stone Warrior
 
Sanjuro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Exactly! This soundtrack sucks. Guess I'll be canceling my preorder.
I would even be open to a soundtrack with 50/50 mainstream/orchestrated like the original films. It would have at least held me over until we saw an offical release or rips.
Sanjuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:21 AM   #135
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
I want a real soundtrack, not a buncha boy band crap! Jeez..
it was nice having the Shredder Suite on the original track but I wanted MORE from the original score.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:49 AM   #136
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I'm really hoping they release a separate score CD eventually.
I figure they've got to - Klaus Badelt is a big enough name that they would be stupid not to do that, right? And... Narnia did get both a score soundtrack, as well as an "Inspired by" soundtrack (which I haven't heard, but some say it was actually decent, unlike most "inspired by" albums)

I certainly prefer instrumental music to songs-in-a-movie, anyway.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:27 PM   #137
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Quote:
Originally posted by Masked Ninja
I certainly prefer instrumental music to songs-in-a-movie, anyway.
Right on sister. Some of the music that they had for the previous soundtracks was ok but when you listen to it now it sounds outdated. Orchestra music (instrumental) never sounds outdated and I guess rock kind of fits into that category as well to a certain degree but it's not my taste. So I think it would be wise to release an instrumental soundtrack as well.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 12:34 PM   #138
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
I hope a musical score CD will hit shelves as well but I'm having no problem with this soundtrack.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:24 PM   #139
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
I've heard 6 of the 12 tracks and they don't sound anything like boy bands to me...
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 04:21 AM   #140
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Gosh. I hope Meg & Dia was never a boy-band. They're too pretty.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.