The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 10:40 PM   #121
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kgprc5...he%20Movie.avi

Don't say I've never done nothin' for ya.
A few posts ago, Cryomancer, also provided a download link, although the file is larger and most people might need to download a new program to play it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
I think C-man's Flv file better preserves the aspect ratio (the AVI Jester provided seems a bit scrunched), but that version also seems to have some washed out colors and some distortion at the bottom of the screen.

I guess it's viewer preference which version you prefer, but the best quality is still streaming it off the official site, even if it is in a tiny little box.

Anyway, thanks to both C-man and Jester for ripping the files and making them available!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:43 PM   #122
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I guess it's viewer preference which version you prefer, but the best quality is still streaming it off the official site, even if it is in a tiny little box.
The video that is streaming on the website is the FLV file. I haven't seen the file Jester posted, but VLC will play the FLV file, no conversion needed.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:52 PM   #123
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Just saw it! Wow, I am impressed. That was great! Rist made up for the bad looking Turtle costume. I love how they combined the first movie with the OT - having each Turtle's VA sound like their first film counterpart (obviously with the exception of Mikey as Rist was in the first film!) was spectacular, and makes me think of "each film in its own universe".

Very impressive film!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:49 AM   #124
Damien Kash
Foot Soldier
 
Damien Kash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Norway
Posts: 182
Dragonface!?

Anyhoo...I loved the movie! It has to be the best live-action tmnt film made since the first one(atleast better than the third).
There where a few times I forgot it was a fanfilm. I was surprised it was so violent, but had no problem with that.

Oh, and April was hot
Damien Kash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:19 AM   #125
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
While I really liked this movie, I agree that the Turtles/April/Krang probably should have been left out altogether.
As usually, I have to disagree with you. While the film was centered around Casey, it was still a Ninja Turtle film, and you can't have a Ninja Turtle film without the Ninja Turtles! Besides, only Michaelangelo is actually onscreen. You never see Don, Leo or Raph.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:19 AM   #126
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
...Downloading....being lucky I´ll can enjoy it tomorrow!!! ...

Yea...my speed conection again....
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:22 AM   #127
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I dunna, Jeff I think Casey can pull his own movie, without the Turtles.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #128
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I dunna, Jeff I think Casey can pull his own movie, without the Turtles.
...yep....the title is "The Punisher once again".... ...

..Sorry Jester, I cant resist to make a funny about it.....

Editing: I mean...just in case...I disagree this time ... For me Casey is a part of TMNT Universe...No Turtles...no movie....!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #129
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien Kash View Post
Dragonface!?

Anyhoo...I loved the movie! It has to be the best live-action tmnt film made since the first one(atleast better than the third).
There where a few times I forgot it was a fanfilm. I was surprised it was so violent, but had no problem with that.
While we are on the subject of TMNT fan films, I figured I might as well make reference to one of my personal favorites. It's not on the cinematic level as "Casey Jones: The Movie," of course, but it is hilarious (and currently blocked from YouTube)!

http://vimeo.com/18648701
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #130
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
I must admit that the reason I was really keen on seeing the film was because I read from you guys that the Turtles/Rist were involved. Casey is my absolute least favorite character, so I wouldn't have had the urge to see it so badly if the Turtles weren't present in some form.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #131
turtles_kolektor
Mad Scientist
 
turtles_kolektor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Poland
Posts: 1,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
While we are on the subject of TMNT fan films, I figured I might as well make reference to one of my personal favorites. It's not on the cinematic level as "Casey Jones: The Movie," of course, but it is hilarious (and currently blocked from YouTube)!

http://vimeo.com/18648701
Wow, this movie was strange.... I liked the scene where they played table-footbal with foot clan
turtles_kolektor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #132
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
I have to say . . . this was not a bad movie. Still would have prefered Raphael meeting him, but it was fun to watch.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:11 PM   #133
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyTMNT View Post
Casey is my absolute least favorite character
Way to break my heart! Leonardo aside, CJ is my #1.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:20 PM   #134
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Way to break my heart! Leonardo aside, CJ is my #1.
Don't take it personal bud! Casey's just not my type. I mean, Donatello tossed him in V.1 #49. You know, it's that kind of relationship.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #135
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I kinda feel the same way about Casey. There are moments I really like the guy but other times I just want to see one of the Turtles kick him in the nuts.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:53 PM   #136
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Casey Jones is always a really cool character. Granted when he gets played for comic relief later on he becomes less interesting, in both the Mirage and 4kids series.

But at the beginning when Casey is almost psycho, he is the best.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:57 PM   #137
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant
 
IveyAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
Thumbs up

Enjoyed the film, deff fun and well done. I think they got a great Casey for the film and I love all the nods to the other medias.

Wrote up a review on Cowabunga Corner for anyone interested in reading. http://www.cowabungacorner.com/revie...ones-fan-movie
__________________
IveyAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:55 AM   #138
turtles_kolektor
Mad Scientist
 
turtles_kolektor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Poland
Posts: 1,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveyAngelo View Post
Enjoyed the film, deff fun and well done. I think they got a great Casey for the film and I love all the nods to the other medias.

Wrote up a review on Cowabunga Corner for anyone interested in reading. http://www.cowabungacorner.com/revie...ones-fan-movie
Nice review Ivey! And its interesting that Your TMNT 3 head is in one of the pictures on the movie website
turtles_kolektor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #139
TMNT_2010
Thug
 
TMNT_2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 73
I finally got around to watching this movie and I have to say, I am highly surprised at how good it is.

If I have one complaint its that I think they should have toned down the violence. Have them still beat up the thugs but give it a bit more of the 80's feel by removing the blood.

Aside from that I thought the camera angles and lighting were extremely professional and really brought the movie to life. The little nods to the original series were great and I liked how they kept everything in line with the OT. Clearly a labour of love on the part of the team that made it. Even the music was excellent.

I would love to see them do more in the TMNT universe.
TMNT_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:58 PM   #140
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
^ Im agree with all those positive commentaries!!

Awesome great Fan Film...!!!!

All the Team/crew involved in this Fan Film promise to be a great professional in the future!

Spoiler:
I was surprise to see first meeting with Michelangelo! Also I was shocked to see Krang!!! Awesome work!!!


Congrats!!!!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
casey jones, fan film


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.