The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2011, 01:13 AM   #121
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
That was my reaction...Woah! Really? Finally!
I had kinda resigned myself to the jipped feeling but I am very very happy to have heard this news
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #122
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,803
I am curious what the cover art will look like.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 12:21 PM   #123
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I am curious what the cover art will look like.
Watch it be an image with Shredder included.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #124
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Doubt it. Would take too much effort. Shredder hasn't been on a cover yet.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:26 PM   #125
GodzFire
Hench Mutant
 
GodzFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Sewers
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Doubt it. Would take too much effort. Shredder hasn't been on a cover yet.
Haha so true. They'll probably just take the TMNT's arms and legs and move them around in Photoshop and call it good enough.
GodzFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #126
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
I am convinced that Lionsgate will find whatever images of the Nick TMNT are currently available and then rip one of them off as cheaply as possible.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #127
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
I hope the background of the cover/spine is purple. Don't think we've had one like that yet other than the Donatello slice of season 7.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #128
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I am convinced that Lionsgate will find whatever images of the Nick TMNT are currently available and then rip one of them off as cheaply as possible.
But there aren't any Nick promotional images yet.

Perhaps they'll copy the poses of the Turtles on the IDW comic covers? I'd laugh.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #129
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
But there aren't any Nick promotional images yet.
True dat. Wish there were, tho............

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Perhaps they'll copy the poses of the Turtles on the IDW comic covers? I'd laugh.
Given that they've used poses from both the 2K3 Toon series AND the 2K7 CGI TMNT movie, THAT would not surprise me one bit.
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #130
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
But there aren't any Nick promotional images yet.
I'm pretty sure that poster counts as a promo image.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #131
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I'm pretty sure that poster counts as a promo image.
Hmmmm, probably.

To say nothing of the individual pics that have been posted, in conjunction with the recent Fan-Preview Event that Machi and some other lucky souls among us TMNT fans got to attend.
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #132
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
It is very nice to hear that they are releasing the 9th season, and it's cool to count my blessings at least on that.

Although I do wonder, would it not have been easier (like a few others have said) to just do the whole she-bang, and release both season 9 & 10? 16 episodes in one package shouldn't be too much of a hassle, that way it'd all be said and done (well, other than the 2 or 3 missing ones, which is too bad...granted, they are online but that's the thing, if you can find them online to watch, it should be easy to just slap that onto a DVD...only cause not all of us want to just watch them on a computer, but to sit back and relax while they play on our TV's)

Of course...if that happened I'm sure there'd still be something for me to complain about,

Although again, I am at least glad that they haven't dropped it entirely and such. Although yes, I do wish the Back to the Sewers (last of 2003) would get released in the states. I know most say that season sucks, but I'd still like it to complete my entire collection of 2k3 turtle DVDs (and I can't afford to buy the set that's in...eh...I think New Zealand)
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #133
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphroehler2003 View Post
It is very nice to hear that they are releasing the 9th season, and it's cool to count my blessings at least on that.

Although I do wonder, would it not have been easier (like a few others have said) to just do the whole she-bang, and release both season 9 & 10? 16 episodes in one package shouldn't be too much of a hassle, that way it'd all be said and done (well, other than the 2 or 3 missing ones, which is too bad...granted, they are online but that's the thing, if you can find them online to watch, it should be easy to just slap that onto a DVD...only cause not all of us want to just watch them on a computer, but to sit back and relax while they play on our TV's)

Of course...if that happened I'm sure there'd still be something for me to complain about,

Although again, I am at least glad that they haven't dropped it entirely and such. Although yes, I do wish the Back to the Sewers (last of 2003) would get released in the states. I know most say that season sucks, but I'd still like it to complete my entire collection of 2k3 turtle DVDs (and I can't afford to buy the set that's in...eh...I think New Zealand)
Yeah but they want that money$$$$ so I bet Season 10 will be released when the new show launches, bc season 9 is being released when the comics launch so one could only conclude
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #134
Sun Baked Records
Random Punk
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 31
Or they may not even release season 10 at all...I'm surprised we even got this one.
Sun Baked Records is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:03 AM   #135
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Baked Records View Post
Or they may not even release season 10 at all...I'm surprised we even got this one.
Season 10 will likely come out right before the Nick series starts. We're getting this in August to piggyback off the momentum of the IDW comics.

Lionsgate clearly waits for the next big Turtle thing to come out before they release their next DVD.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 12:46 PM   #136
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
It's up for pre-order on Amazon.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:41 PM   #137
Ioz
Foot Soldier
 
Ioz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 103
I'd prefer the final set just be the four remaining season 10 episodes that haven't been on DVD before along with the three skipped episodes (Once Upon a Time Machine and Planet of the Turtleoids: Parts 1 & 2). Volume 1 with the previously released season 10 episodes can be had on Amazon still for less than $7.

Last edited by Ioz; 05-29-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Ioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #138
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ioz View Post
I'd prefer the final set just be the four remaining season 10 episodes that haven't been on DVD before along with the three skipped episodes (Once Upon a Time Machine and Planet of the Turtleoids: Parts 1 & 2). Volume 1 with the previously released season 10 episodes can be had on Amazon still for less than $7.
Crazy... but not a bad idea considering that it would save everyone money. In theory.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:29 PM   #139
tone-master21
Mad Scientist
 
tone-master21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,152
I can't wait for this. Walmart also has it for pre-order.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/16637022
__________________
tone-master21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:45 PM   #140
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior
 
twopinacoladas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
Cover art is up on http://www.amazon.ca/Teenage-Mutant-...6730456&sr=8-4 it looks a little more like the original series art actually tho I think some may still be somewhat inspired by the 2k3 art poses.

High res image http://img.amazon.ca/images/I/91o1V32z0LL._AA1500_.jpg
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.