The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #121
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
I would be more excited if they didn't keep the same directors or writers.
I don't want two sh*tty written movies in a row. I want a good one.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:10 PM   #122
pdizzle
Stone Warrior
 
pdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: east coast, usa
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
And after reading a few other people's comments, a lot of people sound like they'd swallow absolutely anything with a TMNT sticker on it, even if it was garbage.

Generalizations are fun, aren't they?
But garbage by whos standards? People who has yet to see the movie? Im not even getting smart, but everyone elses OPINION means jack when I can make that call for myself. Love it or hate it we all either like or dislike it for our own reasons, so I dont think its fair to really call it garbage because its not up to your standards anymore than I could call gaurdians garbagebecause im not into space sh't. Dont take this as an insult just an opinion.....

Last edited by pdizzle; 08-10-2014 at 02:19 PM.
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:12 PM   #123
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I'm pretty sure Shredder is a TMNT Bigot. He always called them "Wretched Reptiles" and stuff like it was a racial slur. I am positive, that Shredder in the OT, was a TMNT Bigot.

We have a new thing to say sometimes!
Shredder's such a bigot. He's just the biggest bigot.

Are we even speaking english? What has happened here!

I can't stand Justin Bieber. Am I a Bieber-bigot? But wait, Bieber's an actual bigot, so If I'm the bigot of a bigot?

Lets see if the hype lasts before we jump on the sequel train, shall we?
Of course they're announcing a sequel... drives more people to see this one.
Marketing 101 here folks.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #124
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
For the sequel, They need to give Karai a bigger role, With The Shredder down, She would take over the Foot Clan, Until Shredder returns.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #125
Puddinpop
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 864
I love turtles

Last edited by Puddinpop; 08-10-2014 at 02:19 PM.
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #126
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
I think they should get a kid in the sequel. Maybe someone like Angel or Cody (I'm thinking Quvenzhané Wallis or Ty Simpkins could play either of them)
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:20 PM   #127
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior
 
METALHEAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: san benito texas
Posts: 734
guys! guys! lets all mellow out. yea, i get some will hate the film, others will be okay with it. while the rest will be happy. this news is joyous none the less.

lets all just be happy this franchise is going strong after 30 years!
lets just celebrate the success that is TMNT!
__________________

i ship it.
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:20 PM   #128
prescribeddrone
Foot Soldier
 
prescribeddrone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 115
I'll see it, I liked the new one- while not great it was fun.
prescribeddrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:23 PM   #129
Puddinpop
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I think they should get a kid in the sequel. Maybe someone like Angel or Cody (I'm thinking Quvenzhané Wallis or Ty Simpkins could play either of them)
I agree.. I kind of liked what they did for Iron Man 3 with the kid being involved with the plot. Not sure if you liked that film. But you mean something like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by METALHEAD View Post
guys! guys! lets all mellow out. yea, i get some will hate the film, others will be okay with it. while the rest will be happy. this news is joyous none the less.

lets all just be happy this franchise is going strong after 30 years!
lets just celebrate the success that is TMNT! http://media.tumblr.com/a3bca185f4f5...T8b1s4f17x.gif
Amen to that dude.


Last edited by Puddinpop; 08-10-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:23 PM   #130
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I think they should get a kid in the sequel. Maybe someone like Angel or Cody (I'm thinking Quvenzhané Wallis or Ty Simpkins could play either of them)
Or Zach from the 80s series.
http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Zach

__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:26 PM   #131
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle View Post
But garbage by whos standards? People who has yet to see the movie? Im not even getting smart, but everyone elses OPINION means jack when I can make that call for myself. Love it or hate it we all either like or dislike it for our own reasons, so I dont think its fair to really call it garbage because its not up to your standards anymore than I could call gaurdians garbagebecause im not into space sh't. Dont take this as an insult just an opinion.....
I ain't arguin' with you either, pal. Just saying, a whole lot of people on this very forum were really looking forward to the movie, and were completely let down by it, it was more than a few people, they all gave good reasons for it, and yes, I do respect their opinion enough to take it into consideration. If anything, I'm more considerate of someone who was clearly very enthusiastic up until a certain point, taking the time to say, "You know what? I wasn't happy with it, and here's why..." I'll always take far more consideration of those kind of opinions, over someone who said over a year ago this was going to be "the best movie ever omg" and came out of it saying, "anyone who didn't like it is just (some dumb name)." There's objective opinions and biased opinions, and blatantly biased opinions, positive or negative, are worthless.

Every single time a person calls someone a name for disagreeing with them over a movie, their opinion loses all its merit, because it proves they can't handle anyone even trying to show them that something may not be as perfect as they want to admit. And the fact is, whenever the very best thing anyone can say about something is, "Don't expect too much", that means it's a badly-made product no matter what it is. Movie, record, video game... "Please Lower Your Standards Beforehand" is not an endorsement.

If we're asking "whose standard", I'll say, anyone who isn't a fan. "Fan" opinions don't matter to me, because fans are biased, and most people who don't identify as "fans" have few good things to say about this one, strictly as as to whether or not it's a good movie. Am I going to avoid this movie as some people are? No. Do I wish they made it this way? No. Do I want to go through this all again in two years? No. Definitely no. Not if people are going to continue to act the same way they've been for over six months, that's for sure.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:27 PM   #132
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALHEAD View Post
guys! guys! lets all mellow out. yea, i get some will hate the film, others will be okay with it. while the rest will be happy. this news is joyous none the less.

lets all just be happy this franchise is going strong after 30 years!
lets just celebrate the success that is TMNT! http://media.tumblr.com/a3bca185f4f5...T8b1s4f17x.gif
Yeah, this. I know people who are hardcore Sailor Moon fans, and they are still waiting for a live action flick.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #133
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Try being a Voltron fan.

Eh, who am I kidding, they'd ruin it.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #134
Puddinpop
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle View Post
But garbage by whos standards? People who has yet to see the movie? Im not even getting smart, but everyone elses OPINION means jack when I can make that call for myself. Love it or hate it we all either like or dislike it for our own reasons, so I dont think its fair to really call it garbage because its not up to your standards anymore than I could call gaurdians garbagebecause im not into space sh't. Dont take this as an insult just an opinion.....
Well put mang. It's all about what you enjoy. And honestly.. people have been calling this " garbage" since it was announced so..

Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:36 PM   #135
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
Well I didn't get a chance to see it August 8th.. but I'm going to see it now!!

Sequel?!? count me in!!
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:48 PM   #136
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Try being a Voltron fan.

Eh, who am I kidding, they'd ruin it.
Set on Earth in the distant future, Zac Efron, Zooey Deschanel, and Michael Cera are VOLTRON FORCE. Genetically modified to be the best video gamers ever, they remotely pilot giant metal eagles (played by Andy Serkis) using their extraordinary "gaming" gifts over a T-Mobile® super-speed connection. They Risk it all from their Playstation 9® systems to battle the Russians, who've created giant angry bears with the crushing might of Vladimir Putin (also played by Andy Serkis), in their secret lab, deep beneath Chernobyl, to take over the world with their evil socialism.

Last edited by Commenter 42; 08-10-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:49 PM   #137
Werecat
Hench Mutant
 
Werecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I'm glad that a sequel is happening, they just need a better writer, and not more then one.
Oh please no. Having one writer, no matter how good they are, is a bad idea. Did you know Maleficent had the writer of The Lion King. Maleficent got 48% from Rotten Tomatoes. Several others movies that had critically acclaimed writers did poorly too because there was only one. For a movie which has a deadline they need multiple great writers to finish it quickly and to properly edit it on time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
I would be more excited if they didn't keep the same directors or writers.
I don't want two sh*tty written movies in a row. I want a good one.
The writers for TMNT are great. The main problem was the director and producers which are known to impede writers from doing their job correctly.

Andre Nemec and Josh Appelbaum have a good track record. Most of their movies got above 50% and their work on TV shows averaged to about 7/10. It seems like the writers were conflicted with Jonathan Liebesman. A movie does poorly if the writer and director can't communicate and work together properly.

Edit: Also Andre Nemec and Josh Appelbaum were only responsible for rewrites on certain parts.(Well it seems like it) They are not responsible for the full plot.
Werecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:50 PM   #138
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Is it too late for the Turtles to get a nose job?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:51 PM   #139
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is it too late for the Turtles to get a nose job?
Might be the funniest thing you've ever said.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:51 PM   #140
MajorViolence
Stone Warrior
 
MajorViolence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is it too late for the Turtles to get a nose job?
I honestly don't see why they couldn't redesign the faces a bit. Obviously we won't see a complete change to the classic look, but they might nudge the design in a more familiar direction.
__________________
MajorViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.