The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: So, what you think of the TV show's adaptation of the original comic??
Holee Shamolee, that's flippin awesome!!! 36 62.07%
Hmm...not bad... 9 15.52%
This was a plot from the comics? 3 5.17%
*blinks* Man, theyre Returning already?! 2 3.45%
*sings* Send in the clones... 8 13.79%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2003, 09:12 AM   #121
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpo_007
Yeah they might, but judging hoe little they have used it before, I'm not so sure.
I'm guessing they may have just said it to cover, just incase they ever use it again. (Instead of having a gigantic plot hole)
GK Punk is offline  
Old 09-28-2003, 09:25 AM   #122
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Yeah, thats what I think too.
Karpo_007 is offline  
Old 09-28-2003, 04:00 PM   #123
Eye of Sarnath
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NY
Posts: 1,590
I actually wrote quite a lengthy post on this episode, then lost it. Oh well...

I think this was a good episode, but it hasn't yet come close to The Shredder Strikes or the Shredder Strikes back arcs. I think it moved a little too fast, actually... I mean, they go after Shredder right after they get back? I'd think they'd want a little more time to prepare. I think the next two eps are gonna be really kick-ass though, most likey right up there, if not better than The Shredder eps. We get to see the battle with the clones, robo-Baxter, more scuffles with Hun and the Foot, and of course, the ultimate battle with Shredder. They had better make it a good one!
__________________
"When I was real small I heard about this thing called the decline of civilization... and I decided that it was something I would like to become involved in."
-George Carlin
Eye of Sarnath is offline  
Old 09-28-2003, 08:03 PM   #124
XERO
Hybrid Theorist
 
XERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alamo City
Posts: 8,184
This episode kicked serious shell! Too bad the BattleShell got destroyed, but they'll probably make another one, better than ever.

BTW, I loved the videogame references. Maybe my Turtle should narrate this episode and ride the Foot vehicle instead of Raphael. It definetly fits him!
__________________

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline  
Old 09-28-2003, 08:06 PM   #125
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I'd like to see April narrate an opening. So far she's the only goodguy secondary character who hasn't narrated.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline  
Old 09-28-2003, 08:07 PM   #126
Stefano
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Detroit
Posts: 762
it would be cool if baxter narrerated the next one.
__________________
Leo: Your reign of terror is over Stockman!
Mike: have you been practicing that?
Leo: You like it?

Utrom: this says ritc sir, and its written in crayon sir!
Something wicked this way comes
Mr. Show is the best!
Stefano is offline  
Old 09-28-2003, 08:29 PM   #127
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist
 
jeff the cheff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 122 and an eighth
Posts: 2,129
It would be funny if they cut hun's rat tail off in the next episode...

I dont know why i said that..but its true!
jeff the cheff is offline  
Old 09-28-2003, 08:36 PM   #128
Apple Cat
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffthecheff
It would be funny if they cut hun's rat tail off in the next episode...

I dont know why i said that..but its true!
What's a "rat tail"?
Apple Cat is offline  
Old 09-28-2003, 08:48 PM   #129
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
A rat tail is the little bit of hair on the back of his head.
Anyways I thought this episode rocked! I kinda wondered why the turtles had so much trouble with the foot tech ninja's, but oh well. I went totally nuts when I saw the Shredder clones. This is truly a masterful cartoon. How it can get any better I don't know, but it seems like we say that every week, and for that I am thankful.
Peanut is offline  
Old 09-29-2003, 05:39 PM   #130
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist
 
jeff the cheff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 122 and an eighth
Posts: 2,129
Hun's rat tail isnt little! It's huge, especially since he is so tall..and it goes down to his ass!
jeff the cheff is offline  
Old 09-29-2003, 05:42 PM   #131
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I'd say it only goes down to his shoulder. See how it's usually draped over his neck?
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline  
Old 09-29-2003, 05:58 PM   #132
lethrhd
Hench Mutant
 
lethrhd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 358
great episode all round, can't wait till the fight with the clones, hope next weeks ep is as action packed as this one was. Also I'd love to see some Utrom/Guardian support, I mean there supposed to be allies and they barley help em' at all.
lethrhd is offline  
Old 09-30-2003, 10:47 AM   #133
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffthecheff
Hun's rat tail isnt little! It's huge, especially since he is so tall..and it goes down to his ass!
I wonder if he's actually pretending it's like the Chinese queue(sp). The Chinese warriors from midevil days wore those too, and it was usually a long thick braid that was never cut.
HorseTechie is offline  
Old 09-30-2003, 06:33 PM   #134
RskimB
Hench Mutant
 
RskimB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: west coast
Posts: 302
[quote="jeffthecheff"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqb101
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffthecheff
Why did they have to use electronic shurikens? Why didnt they just use normal ones?
Because the electronic ones sent shocks through the suits, so they's short circuit.
when he threw the shuriken it messed up the cloaking device but they also got knocked out.....?

re- they got electrocuted and passed out from the pain
__________________
leswrite.com
RskimB is offline  
Old 09-30-2003, 06:48 PM   #135
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist
 
jeff the cheff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 122 and an eighth
Posts: 2,129
That makes sense...but why didnt they just throw a normal shuriken and knock him out?
jeff the cheff is offline  
Old 09-30-2003, 07:28 PM   #136
Blaze DTGG
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 673
I have to say I knew I was going to love this episode as soon as I heard Raph say the intro

"Someone once said...the only difference between men and boys is the size of their toys...Well if that's true then I just became a man..or at least an ADULT Mutant Ninja Turtle."

I think I hurt myself I was smiling so hard. I have to say the rest of the episode did not dissapoint.

I loved the interaction between Don and April. and as much as I hated seeing the battle shell trashed. Don's reaction was great.

although what bothered me was the invisible ninja's. why didn't they just do what leo did the first time he met them.. turn their masks around...
I dunno. maybe thats just me..

anyway.. LOVED the episode.. cant wait for next weeks

Blaze DTGG
__________________
"Life's a B*tch, and then you hit it on the nose with a rolled up newspaper for pissing on the carpet"
Blaze DTGG is offline  
Old 09-30-2003, 07:50 PM   #137
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze ~DTGG~
although what bothered me was the invisible ninja's. why didn't they just do what leo did the first time he met them.. turn their masks around...
I dunno. maybe thats just me..

I was thinking about this question...

Well, just think, when you only have to worry about protecting yourself, you can do like what Leo did.

but when youre leading a group, you want to protect everyone. Leo probably got so worked up in trying to protect his family, it just didnt work in this situation...
Machias Banshee is offline  
Old 09-30-2003, 08:25 PM   #138
Morp
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Somewhere between here and there
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffthecheff
That makes sense...but why didnt they just throw a normal shuriken and knock him out?
They may be able to say 'Oh shell' but they can't make people bleed. Getting hit by a normal shuriken somewhere else would end up as a messy affair. Even if it did hit the cloaking device, it would only have a small chance of ruining it. By having the battery attached it not only cut it in half, but also short curcuit everything so it was ruined and unable to be used again.
__________________
Hahaha, I made a funny!
Morp is offline  
Old 10-01-2003, 04:02 PM   #139
PanMan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 728
about the battle shell, i kinda hope they don't make another one since they look alot better traveling from rooftop to rooftop. but considering all the other vehicles they have, they probably will re-build it. and the idea that leo may have avoided a plot hole by saying that to don could be true too.

to whoever said that the guardians should help the TMNT, well, they think the turtles are dead. so ovbiously they can't help them. and i think it's better that way. it's the turtles' fight, which is why casey's with april.
__________________
My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man!

[February 19, 2005] I believe that The Shredder will appear in the New Cartoon past Season 3
PanMan is offline  
Old 10-01-2003, 04:08 PM   #140
Mondo J. Gecko
Mad Scientist
 
Mondo J. Gecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,064
Ya, I'm with PanMan this is the Turtles Fight, and its also Splinters fight as well I'mean Shredder did kill his master, right? And I hope they make a sweet new battle shell or a blimp ! Like in the old show!!!
__________________


Mondo J. Gecko is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.