The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2005, 03:39 PM   #141
cowabunga14
Lover of Weird Things
 
cowabunga14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,014
CN is awkward that way. Turtle Soup and Rabbit Stew was a great story in Turtle Soup #1. Usagi met Leo for the first time in Mirage Comics.(Or at least I think its the first time.)
__________________


How can something so beautiful shine on something so dreadful?
cowabunga14 is offline  
Old 04-04-2005, 03:54 PM   #142
Lioness-Goddess
Hench Mutant
 
Lioness-Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazari
It's suppose to be after..I don't know why it is showing before on CN.
Okey doke, then I won't watch it till it comes on on Saturday. Thanks Kazzy.
Lioness-Goddess is offline  
Old 04-04-2005, 05:24 PM   #143
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazari
It's suppose to be after..I don't know why it is showing before on CN.
'Cause the people at CN are ninny-wits, that's why. I figured it out:

See, they ran "The Real World" Part One today (Monday), and will run Part Two tomorrow (Tuesday). They could run "Bishop's Gambit" on Wednesday, and BOTH parts of "Exodus" on Thursday and Friday, and the whole thing would come out PERFECTLY! IN the proper numbered, running order! But will CN DO the obvious, and EASY thing, and RUN the eps THAT way? Oh, noooooooooo. THEY gotta run "Reality Check" again THIS Friday, and wait til April 15th to run "Bishop's Gambit for the first time! Nitwits.

*huffs in aggrevation, then grumbles in irritation* Then again, maybe they just want to let 4Kids have the pleasure of running "B.G." first. I dunno. *sighs* I quit trying to figure THEM out a long TIME ago...like the day they dropped "SWAT Kats" off their danged schedule. Saves on the headaches.

Peace.
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline  
Old 04-04-2005, 05:46 PM   #144
Kazari
Foot Elite
 
Kazari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nexus: Chasing after the Ultimate Ninja
Posts: 2,731
Actually Wolfie...you're RIGHt in the fact that Bishop's Gambit should air on Wednesday, but they keep showing Exodus parts 1 and 2 on Wednesday and Thursday. I don't know *laughs* I don't trust this stuff till I see it on tv.
__________________
*is an official Drako hater*
Kazari is offline  
Old 04-04-2005, 08:13 PM   #145
R-iZZy
The Long Con
 
R-iZZy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: G'ville, FL (Gator Country), USA
Posts: 3,007
Okay, not to be nitpicky... because the action and the story was very good in this episode, but did Lord Simultaneous just seriously turn the Ultimate Ninja into a little kid? WHY?!

Happy for the Damiyo and all, but come one... Ultimate Ninja was so bad ass, and now... he's a little bitty kiddy! That was so lame!

But the episode was nice. It was about time they separated Ultimate Ninja and Draco... I was happy to see that. And it was so weird (yet "cute" [I rarely use that word]) to see Ultimate Ninja's sentiment for his father take over his spite for him. Shows that he really does care about his father, deep down somewhere. Just more the reason why people should understand Karai will never leave Oroku Saki (didn't mean that to tick off the Karai haters and spark some discussion on this..... yet again).

The Leo/Usagi teamwork is one of the best things to watch. Those two have such a great chemistry together! I loved the fight scene with Leo/Usagi versus those stone creatures (?). And it was so nice to see Usagi take a hit to save Leo. It's SO great to hear both of them consider themselves "brothers". Two swordsmen, a ronin and a ninja... they were meant to meet each other! I hope I see more Usagi in the future. This makes me want to start collecting the Usagi comics!

All-in-all, pretty good episode. I just wish Lord Simultaneous didn't make Ultimate Ninja a little kid, in the end. That was a little lame, in my opinion. I'd rather he stayed grown and turned a new leaf, learning the error of his ways.

P.S. Who else thought the expressions on Usagi's and Leo's faces were priceless when the Damiyo surprised them with his "what good is your service" scene? I literally laughed so hard seeing their faces... I didn't see that coming as much as them.
__________________



Last edited by R-iZZy; 04-04-2005 at 08:21 PM.
R-iZZy is offline  
Old 04-05-2005, 05:42 AM   #146
Urbanski
Thug
 
Urbanski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NYC sewers...
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Turtle Nincompoop
Ultimate Ninja was so bad ass, and now... he's a little bitty kiddy! That was so lame!

All-in-all, pretty good episode. I just wish Lord Simultaneous didn't make Ultimate Ninja a little kid, in the end. That was a little lame, in my opinion. I'd rather he stayed grown and turned a new leaf, learning the error of his ways.
Not to start an argument, but if I remember right, Ultimate Ninja (and Drako) both died... turned into a little pile of dust. So if Lord Simultaneous hadn't made him a kid again, then he'd just be a pile of ashes. No turning over a new leaf, he'd be dead, just like Drako. So at least this way, the Daimyo has his son back, and Ulitmate Ninja DOES have a chance at a new life. A chance to become good, and who knows, maybe he will be the 'Ultimate' Ninja he wants to be in the future with the proper training. Or he may become evil again, but he either way, he gets another chance.
__________________
"Can you live with honor?"

~ Leonardo
Urbanski is offline  
Old 04-05-2005, 06:40 AM   #147
Kazari
Foot Elite
 
Kazari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nexus: Chasing after the Ultimate Ninja
Posts: 2,731
Quote:
All-in-all, pretty good episode. I just wish Lord Simultaneous didn't make Ultimate Ninja a little kid, in the end. That was a little lame, in my opinion. I'd rather he stayed grown and turned a new leaf, learning the error of his ways.
I soo agree with you!!!


Yeah hopefully since of the time differences...how the guys were gone for awhile and it was only 10 minutes their time. Then perhaps the UN will grow up faster in the guys' time. That would be cool later on...to have him be kind of good but have great potential in being bad again kind of like Bakura! LOL

I was just confused on what happened to the Daimyo..if he was poisoned you would he would turn to normal at the end but he was still old.
__________________
*is an official Drako hater*
Kazari is offline  
Old 04-05-2005, 10:19 AM   #148
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
Exactly whats up with that I was thinking too that maybe he had like some spell on him or something and at the end he just stayed like that he didnt even apologize or something.... and he looked normal on the christmas Ep
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline  
Old 04-05-2005, 10:45 AM   #149
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
My theory is that UD, in the disguise of the Kyoji, has been subtly "pushing" the Daimyo towards his depression. The power of suggestion and all that. Drakko at least seems to enjoy manipulating people into doing his dirty work.

Poisons and spells can be slow to effect and not all break with a *snap*. His physical condition could be a side effect of a spell that effects his mind. Even if a spell on his mind lifted instantly, his body wouldn’t recover as quickly. It seemed to me that the Daimyo was still a bit foggy at the end of that episode. I hope he makes a full recovery.
Kali is offline  
Old 04-05-2005, 11:11 AM   #150
R-iZZy
The Long Con
 
R-iZZy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: G'ville, FL (Gator Country), USA
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanski
Not to start an argument, but if I remember right, Ultimate Ninja (and Drako) both died... turned into a little pile of dust. So if Lord Simultaneous hadn't made him a kid again, then he'd just be a pile of ashes. No turning over a new leaf, he'd be dead, just like Drako. So at least this way, the Daimyo has his son back, and Ulitmate Ninja DOES have a chance at a new life. A chance to become good, and who knows, maybe he will be the 'Ultimate' Ninja he wants to be in the future with the proper training. Or he may become evil again, but he either way, he gets another chance.
I understand what you're saying, but him (and Drako) turning into dust was a result of the time scepter's actions. Lord Simultaneous is the beholder and the master of the scepter, so I would imagine he would have the ability to reverse some of the decisions the scepter makes, such as turning Ultimate Ninja into dust. With the level of experience he has with the scepter, you'd think he'd be able to recover Ultimate Ninja the way he was, without having to worry about the dust.
__________________


R-iZZy is offline  
Old 04-05-2005, 11:57 AM   #151
Kazari
Foot Elite
 
Kazari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nexus: Chasing after the Ultimate Ninja
Posts: 2,731
I TOTALLY agree with you He could probably reverse them to their state previous to the whole incident of the dust.

Also I agree with Kali about the Daimyo. He does seem to be trusting with certain people and not wanting to see the evil people. Very easily to be manipulated.
__________________
*is an official Drako hater*
Kazari is offline  
Old 04-05-2005, 12:33 PM   #152
Mandi-chan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali
My theory is that UD, in the disguise of the Kyoji, has been subtly "pushing" the Daimyo towards his depression. The power of suggestion and all that. Drakko at least seems to enjoy manipulating people into doing his dirty work.

Poisons and spells can be slow to effect and not all break with a *snap*. His physical condition could be a side effect of a spell that effects his mind. Even if a spell on his mind lifted instantly, his body wouldn’t recover as quickly. It seemed to me that the Daimyo was still a bit foggy at the end of that episode. I hope he makes a full recovery.
I like that theory, it makes sense. It would also explain the Daimyo's drastic mood change between Mikey's X-mas Rescue ep and this one.

In the last Big Brawl ep we see the Daimyo’s emotions on losing his son, but he knew then that it couldn't be helped. In the X-mas ep, he may have stil been grieving inside but held it in...not letting Splinter or Leo see his pain, trying to enjoy a happy holiday to escape his grief. But in Real World part two, he seemed totally different. I don't think it just hit him that his son was dead and now he's pissed at everyone, I do think it was some sort of magic or the UD messing with his head!

I also liked Ve-chan becoming a child again, he's a cutie!
BTW, what did next week's trailer show? I went to the website but their page sucks and won't show any of the trailers!
Mandi-chan is offline  
Old 04-05-2005, 01:16 PM   #153
Kazari
Foot Elite
 
Kazari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nexus: Chasing after the Ultimate Ninja
Posts: 2,731
To help with errors with the previews:

Oh I have a solution that sis!!

Go to your Windows Media Player

Go to File

Open URL

Copy and paste this URL into the text box:

http://wm.world.mii-streaming.net/me...ews/06_384.wsx

See if that will work!
__________________
*is an official Drako hater*
Kazari is offline  
Old 04-05-2005, 02:17 PM   #154
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 687
Ugh, that head thing. In the preview...

Anyways the Daimyo could have been poisoned or put on a spell but I think it was a delayed reaction to the trauma he suffered having lost his son. At Mikey's Christmas Rescue he could have been alright but afterwards when he got to the Battle Nexus he sunk into that depression. Then he could've let himself go. Guy looks he's forgot how the shower works.
__________________
Doppleganger is offline  
Old 04-05-2005, 04:02 PM   #155
Lioness-Goddess
Hench Mutant
 
Lioness-Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 408
*claps hands* Yay, I saw it today, now I'm all caught up and happy.

I wanna see Bishop's Gambit now...he creeps me out, but usully when he's around I get to see the turtles fight, always a good thing.
Lioness-Goddess is offline  
Old 04-05-2005, 06:54 PM   #156
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
In that preview....I wonder who that dude was climbing the walls and turning his head 90 degrees???? He kinda looked like Casey....

And what the shell is the reason Bishop needs rat hair to complete his experiment??? Guess I'll have to wait till Saturday
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline  
Old 04-05-2005, 07:56 PM   #157
John 14:6
Thug
 
John 14:6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aska_Badoura
Then, when they showed Leo's first try at getting one of his brothers, they chose the one where Mike said "It's happening again!" which made me wince. If it's happening again, where was the first attempt? But then, it's time travel, and Leo didn't necessarily try to get his brothers in the same order that they experienced the phases; he could have tried to get Mike first when Mike said "It's happening again," then attempted a second time, this time trying it when Mike experienced it the first time (am I making ANY sense AT ALL?! ), but it still bothers me they left it out completely.
I'd have to watch the episode to be sure, but maybe when Mike said "again" he was referring to being transported there in the first place as the first time it happened.
__________________
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me."
John 14:6 is offline  
Old 04-05-2005, 10:16 PM   #158
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant
 
Aska_Badoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 485
Quote:
I'd have to watch the episode to be sure, but maybe when Mike said "again" he was referring to being transported there in the first place as the first time it happened.
But he'd already phased once before, when Shellectro had him in that bio-scan thing. That was the first one. Remember: "Or our dimension could simply be trying to erase you."

Quote:
In that preview....I wonder who that dude was climbing the walls and turning his head 90 degrees???? He kinda looked like Casey....
I thought he looked rather like... Bishop. Of course the hair's different, so I don't think it's actually him. Not sure what that means.
__________________

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie
Aska_Badoura is offline  
Old 04-06-2005, 03:34 AM   #159
Lioness-Goddess
Hench Mutant
 
Lioness-Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 408
That dude in the preview was freaky! Um...but the guy was like, "Your orders?" "No survivors." eek.

That can't be good.
Lioness-Goddess is offline  
Old 04-06-2005, 04:42 AM   #160
Kazari
Foot Elite
 
Kazari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nexus: Chasing after the Ultimate Ninja
Posts: 2,731
Yeah the first Mikey was glitching...was during the scan that Shellektro did. He was in flux.
__________________
*is an official Drako hater*
Kazari is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.