The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 05:23 AM   #141
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is this story reminding anyone else of the episode, "Darkness at the edge of town?"
Not a bit.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #142
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
I'm so a newbie when it comes to the IDW comics, but now I'm just missing #1, #2, and Raphael's Issue.

So the day that the comics are released, are they at the shops? Because I'd like to get the comics the day they're released. Infestation looks promising (thank God for the preview, because I wasn't sure I wanted it). And I can't wait to get #8 to see the conclusion of the Mouser attack.

And is the official website to order, IDW? Because I want to stay on top of any deals like a lot of you got on the first issue. I hate that I missed out on that.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #143
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
So the day that the comics are released, are they at the shops? Because I'd like to get the comics the day they're released.
Did you really just ask this?
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #144
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
Did you really just ask this?
Yeah. I'm guessing it's a stupid question then? I DID say I was new to comics, right?
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #145
pihb
Hench Mutant
 
pihb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
I'm so a newbie when it comes to the IDW comics, but now I'm just missing #1, #2, and Raphael's Issue.
If you are looking for #1/2 i would say look online unless you can locate a global conquest. All my comic shops around me have the raphael shot.
pihb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #146
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is this story reminding anyone else of the episode, "Darkness at the edge of town?"
By the look of the monster, I'd say it's more akin to "The Darkness Within."

Issue looks great. Hope my state will get it this week despite it being Michigan.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #147
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
Yeah. I'm guessing it's a stupid question then? I DID say I was new to comics, right?
I was just messin' dude. But yeah, the day they are released, they would be at the shop. Or else, they wouldn't be ''released''.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #148
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
So the day that the comics are released, are they at the shops? Because I'd like to get the comics the day they're released.
Barring a screw-up on Diamond's end, your shop should get all new books that Wednesday.

Funny you should ask though, because apparently half the country is getting these tomorrow and the other half isn't. Diamond has two "distribution centers" and only one of them got their IDW load for this week. Make sure you call your shop ahead of time to make sure they got it. If they didn't, expect this issue next week.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #149
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I wish there was a way to know which distribution center didn't so we could get a rough guesstimate of who did and didn't. Heck, I may just wait and do a monthly pick up and get Infestation 1 with TMNT 8.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #150
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I wish there was a way to know which distribution center didn't so we could get a rough guesstimate of who did and didn't. Heck, I may just wait and do a monthly pick up and get Infestation 1 with TMNT 8.
I'm sure Diamond knows, but as usual they're worthless.

Just so you know, Infestation part 2 will be out on the 21st and TMNT #8 will be out on the 28th.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #151
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
So was the cop...
That's Miller? Awesome! I guess I didn't recognize him with all of the camera flash.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:47 PM   #152
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,221
Spoiler free advance review: http://www.stashmycomics.com/blog/in...tion-2-tmnt-1/

Another one, a little less favorable: http://buquad.com/2012/03/06/the-com...purbia-review/

Last edited by ToTheNines; 03-06-2012 at 02:36 PM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #153
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Am I the only one that noticed the mention of a character previously exclusive to Mirage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
So was the cop...
Good to see
Spoiler:
Lauren Stanton and Gordon Miller
getting a re-incarnation (see what I did there?) in the IDW-verse.

This makes me optimistic that we might actually get to see Tristan's vision for "Gang Wars" arc re-imagined!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #154
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I'm sure Diamond knows, but as usual they're worthless.

Just so you know, Infestation part 2 will be out on the 21st and TMNT #8 will be out on the 28th.
So I can get them all 3 in one swoop. That'll work.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #155
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Both of these reviewers don't really seem to know anything about TMNT outside of the Fred Wolf cartoons...
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #156
junkboy
Hench Mutant
 
junkboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Turkey
Posts: 443
It seems my online vendor will not be getting TMNT Infestation this week.
Still not added.
__________________
junkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #157
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
So I can get them all 3 in one swoop. That'll work.
Unless Infestation is sold out by the 28th. Depends on how much your shop usually orders/sells as far as TMNT goes though.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #158
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,812
The reviewer complained that in one panel two Turtles have the same bandana color.

I don't understand why these mistakes are not being caught before the issues are printed. It reminds me of the bandana errors in the old show.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #159
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The reviewer complained that in one panel two Turtles have the same bandana color.

I don't understand why these mistakes are not being caught before the issues are printed. It reminds me of the bandana errors in the old show.
Happened in the Archie books from time to time as well, and even the 4kids show. Shoulda stuck with red...

That being said, I have no reason to trust this guy, so we'll have to wait and see tomorrow.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #160
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Unless Infestation is sold out by the 28th. Depends on how much your shop usually orders/sells as far as TMNT goes though.
I doubt it. I'm sure I'm one of a select few TMNT purchasers in that store.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
infestation


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.