The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 06:28 PM   #141
DK2
Stone Warrior
 
DK2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 621
Yeah I was too late for the print. I should've ordered first thing before the other weekend. Yeah if they don't have either items they just refund your paypal. Thats what I got and how I found out.
DK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:13 AM   #142
AleXviD
Foot Soldier
 
AleXviD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 187
Just got cofirmation and tracking number for my order from Shellbacks. Nice!
AleXviD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:15 AM   #143
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Fifth Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
Maybe this has been posted before but....this is now available via Mirage's site (limit 3 books per person).
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:34 AM   #144
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior
 
TMNTChris1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 605
Can people stop complaining on how it was shipped? You could've either drove to Maine and bought it, or spent $50 to buy it off some flipper on e-bay.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:02 PM   #145
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Don't recall if anyone mentioned this, but did anyone else notice that "Michelangelo" is misspelled every single time it's used in this book, even in Laird's foreword?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:27 PM   #146
DK2
Stone Warrior
 
DK2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 621
OMG Peter mentions on his blog he did a Leo sketch just for the hell of it in one of the copies of #32 he signed from the Mirage orders. Whos gonna be the lucky fan huh? Funny the inner back cover actually says "sketch page". But if there were no plans to do sketches at all why say that on the page then?
DK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:47 PM   #147
Fearing
Random Punk
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 20
Probably if you see him or another Mirage guy at a con an get them to sketch it. Did he or any of the others at the Shellback signing do sketches?
Fearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:31 PM   #148
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Don't recall if anyone mentioned this, but did anyone else notice that "Michelangelo" is misspelled every single time it's used in this book, even in Laird's foreword?
You mean Michealangelo? Well... that's how it was spelled before 2003... so no big deal there.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:08 AM   #149
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,792
I wonder if Mike will kill the Regenta. He seems to be on a murderous rampage lately in Volume 4.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:52 AM   #150
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
You mean Michealangelo? Well... that's how it was spelled before 2003... so no big deal there.
You don't think I know that? Pshh.

No, go take a look for yourself. It says "Michelangleo".
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:44 PM   #151
Shogun26
Mad Scientist
 
Shogun26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: under my bed
Posts: 2,322
So on the 16th I sent money for a print...for those who also purchased a print did they send a tracking #? I emailed on the 19 to ask if I had scored one of the last ones and they were still figuring things out. However since then I haven't heard anything. I was thinking of emailing but I don't want to nag...However I also don't want to not get a refund...thoughts.
__________________
Ebay Store!!

Guys...I think Turtle Mania is back for good.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:32 PM   #152
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
I recall being surprised when I received the print and comic so quickly. Looking through my email, they did send me tracking info the day after they sent it.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #153
Shogun26
Mad Scientist
 
Shogun26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: under my bed
Posts: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun26 View Post
So on the 16th I sent money for a print...for those who also purchased a print did they send a tracking #? I emailed on the 19 to ask if I had scored one of the last ones and they were still figuring things out. However since then I haven't heard anything. I was thinking of emailing but I don't want to nag...However I also don't want to not get a refund...thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
I recall being surprised when I received the print and comic so quickly. Looking through my email, they did send me tracking info the day after they sent it.
Just heard back. Denise said she should know in the next day or two for a tracking. She thinks she has a print set aside for me. They just got backed up with shipping stuff out.
__________________
Ebay Store!!

Guys...I think Turtle Mania is back for good.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:50 AM   #154
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Great issue, forgot how much I miss a Mirage comic

And an explanation on the Michaelangelo/Michelangelo spelling, from vol 4, issue 3:

__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:59 AM   #155
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Oh for the love of fart, did anybody actually read what I said? Or the actual #32 issue?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:32 AM   #156
Tazi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,088
What Ninjinister mean is that it's spelled as MichelangLelo in #32.

There's also a MichelangLEO in the foreword.


The correct spelling is Michelangelo, the older spelling (which has nothing to do with anything here) is Michaelangelo.
__________________

Last edited by Tazi; 05-29-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:30 AM   #157
mrmaczaps
Banned
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
What Ninjinister mean is that it's spelled as MichelangLelo in #32.

There's also a MichelangLEO in the foreword.


The correct spelling is Michelangelo, the older spelling (which has nothing to do with anything here) is Michaelangelo.


just dug out my copy and took a look... sure enough thats there a couple places. i didnt reread the whole thing. funny but until it was pointed out, my brain just decided to read it as it should be...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:30 AM   #158
Tazi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,088
Actually, you can shuffle all the letters of the words except the first and last letters, your brain will still pick em up.

Quote:
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
__________________
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:50 AM   #159
Red Robin
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Posts: 173
So I ordered a copy over the Mirage site two weeks ago. Can anyone help me how I can see if the package is shipped already? Thanks in advance.
Red Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:12 AM   #160
KM3K
Random Punk
 
KM3K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Amherst, NY
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Robin View Post
So I ordered a copy over the Mirage site two weeks ago. Can anyone help me how I can see if the package is shipped already? Thanks in advance.
Since I assume you paid through PayPal on the Mirage site, you should get an email when they ship. Mirage is only staffed twice a week these days and they can get behind on orders, especially since I expect there's increased demand from #32. I'd expect it to ship 1-3 weeks after ordering. Check your email (and spam folder) and maybe email Mirage if you don't hear anything in another week.
__________________
My Collection -- Twitter
KM3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comic discussion, volume 4


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.