The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: *hands out tissues and chocolate to all the affected*
"I cant believe this place. Its all... So Horrible!" 26 70.27%
"How could you just abandon us like that?!" 9 24.32%
"Master... I am finished!" 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2005, 07:29 PM   #161
TheShowstoppa
Stone Warrior
 
TheShowstoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 629
I would like to go into thesis of what I think this episode had to evolve around:

The battle they are talking about may very well be Exodus. That fight may have left the turtles broken. Something tells me that Splinter will take a blow, but the turtles won't falter like they did in the forseeing of "Same..." Now, the reason why Yoshi visits splinter in a vision is because he can forsee Saki making a Transmat devise. (Note that the transmat is just being finished in this episode.) This is Saki's way of getting to the Utrom home world and destroying them.

Fortunately, the events leading up to "Same..." will not happen because of the way the turtles can change their destiny. I have a feeling Donny may take charge and they will defeat Shredder and Splinter will not die like was planned. It's a sad chain of events that can all be altered as long as they destroy a) the transmat and b) Saki.
__________________

Courtesy of LUCKFF
"I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1
TheShowstoppa is offline  
Old 03-20-2005, 07:47 PM   #162
Demented Utrom
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 474
This episode reminded me of the old cartoon and Star wars.With Shredder invading other worlds and taking over.The Season 3 2 final episodes are shredder's death probably.

I don't think it was that voilent.I liked the episode alot.He probably is building a transmat.If Shredder is gone for good the foot should be to.A crime boss ruling the world looked a little odd.
Demented Utrom is offline  
Old 03-20-2005, 08:42 PM   #163
John 14:6
Thug
 
John 14:6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 62
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aska_Badoura
(I like your username & sig, BTW )
Thanks!

I have to say I really like this site so far (I've only been here a few times). It's so active!
__________________
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me."
John 14:6 is offline  
Old 03-20-2005, 08:52 PM   #164
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant
 
Aska_Badoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 485
Quote:
I mean they did spend 1000 years traveling through the universe to capture saki in the first place so why wouldn't they return to finally finish the job.
Well, you do have a point about them maybe coming back to retrieve Saki. But I also have a feeling that would be a lot harder for them catch him now than it was back then. But maybe that's why they didn't succeed.

Quote:
Or they might not have ever made it off of earth to begin with.
If the Time Scepter sent Don to a future fork of another branch, maybe. But he might still be on the same branch he started in, but further down; then everything would have happened the way it did in his time, with the addition of all this new stuff. Whee, I love this time-tree thing, thanks, Kali, for suggesting that idea! I'm going nuts with it!

Quote:
hey wait, if there wasn't a telaportal device on earth, how did saki get all those utrom slaves? there was a lot of them in the sky.
If that future follows 'our' present, we may be finding that out in the next few eps, if my suspicions are correct.

Quote:
The battle they are talking about may very well be Exodus. That fight may have left the turtles broken. Something tells me that Splinter will take a blow, but the turtles won't falter like they did in the forseeing of "Same..." Now, the reason why Yoshi visits splinter in a vision is because he can forsee Saki making a Transmat devise. (Note that the transmat is just being finished in this episode.) This is Saki's way of getting to the Utrom home world and destroying them.
I'm not sure if it's a transmat he's making, specifically (but obviously some sort of transport thingy), but other than that, everything you said is pretty much my thinking too. I hadn't thought about us maybe seeing the scene where Splinter defended his sons, but that was also after Don had disappeared, so we'd be talking about the timeline they're traveling now skipping one event branch and yet still retaining the branch that was supposedly built on that one. Then again, if the branches are infinite, it may not be that big a deal if some event-forks are identical even when they're on different branches. Er, well, now that I think about it, that has to be true (the identical branches), for the superhero Turtles to exist at all.. they're timeline is way on a different branch, since the world works so differently there.

I'm not making any sense at all, am I?

Quote:
I have to say I really like this site so far (I've only been here a few times). It's so active!
Yeah, it's full of people who think way too much about fictional stories! *coughs, points to self*
__________________

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie
Aska_Badoura is offline  
Old 03-20-2005, 10:19 PM   #165
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aska_Badoura
If the Time Scepter sent Don to a future fork of another branch, maybe. But he might still be on the same branch he started in, but further down; then everything would have happened the way it did in his time, with the addition of all this new stuff. Whee, I love this time-tree thing, thanks, Kali, for suggesting that idea! I'm going nuts with it!
I've created a monster.
Kali is offline  
Old 03-20-2005, 10:40 PM   #166
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
Allot to expect later on about Shredder's final fate.

This episode pretty much shows what would happen if Shredder Succeeded. Of course the alternate future had a sad ending to it.

And we'll pretty much see the Turtles somehow prevent Shredder from succeeding.

Exodus sounds more exciting than before now!
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline  
Old 03-20-2005, 10:50 PM   #167
Duke
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by longing for leo
& in mho leo being a guardian seems a bit far fetched. i don't see it, at least. i love the morphius look, though. well, all except the glasses.
Actually I don't think it would be that far fetched. I think he probably became a guardian after splinter died and the guys broke up. Being a guardian would be his way of honoring his Sensei's memory by paying homage to Master Yoshi.
Duke is offline  
Old 03-20-2005, 11:11 PM   #168
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858
Quote:
I would like to go into thesis of what I think this episode had to evolve around:

The battle they are talking about may very well be Exodus. That fight may have left the turtles broken. Something tells me that Splinter will take a blow, but the turtles won't falter like they did in the forseeing of "Same..." Now, the reason why Yoshi visits splinter in a vision is because he can forsee Saki making a Transmat devise. (Note that the transmat is just being finished in this episode.) This is Saki's way of getting to the Utrom home world and destroying them.

Fortunately, the events leading up to "Same..." will not happen because of the way the turtles can change their destiny. I have a feeling Donny may take charge and they will defeat Shredder and Splinter will not die like was planned. It's a sad chain of events that can all be altered as long as they destroy a) the transmat and b) Saki.
Well said. I do believe that this future showcases a future where the Turtles do lose the Exodus battle. Exodus is sounding good every second I think about it. And you know what guys? We are only a month or so from it! (Unless 4kids delays it until the Fall.)
__________________
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle is offline  
Old 03-20-2005, 11:50 PM   #169
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant
 
Aska_Badoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 485
Quote:
I've created a monster.
Er, yeah... I need to work more hours so I don't have so much time to think about time-travel theories.
__________________

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie
Aska_Badoura is offline  
Old 03-21-2005, 12:59 AM   #170
Orochi Chimera
Mad Scientist
 
Orochi Chimera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,289
This was a really good episode but it was too short. It was a shame that Karai dispatched Leo and Raph with seemingly little effort. Too bad Leo didn't slice her in half instead of the robot. Hun was just really pathetic in this episode.
__________________

Orochi Chimera is offline  
Old 03-21-2005, 03:35 AM   #171
BaldMonk
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 98
Wahhhhh. I hate living in New Zealand... I want to see this episode... we've just finally started Season 2...
__________________

My Gallery
BaldMonk is offline  
Old 03-21-2005, 05:49 AM   #172
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi Chimera
This was a really good episode but it was too short. It was a shame that Karai dispatched Leo and Raph with seemingly little effort. Too bad Leo didn't slice her in half instead of the robot. Hun was just really pathetic in this episode.
yes, thats what I was tihnking. The episode was awesome, but very very short.
PizzaPower is offline  
Old 03-21-2005, 07:48 AM   #173
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
U know...i can just see Leo saying..."ok guys we'll all split up." and Donny saying, "I don't think that's such a good idea Leo." I think he's gonna stick to his brothers like glue...never leave them, if he's again captured he'll totally bum out, thinking that the future from "SaiNW" will happen. There's just so many ways the time line could skew...i love time travel but it's so stinkin' complcated...I do agree that leo becoming a Guardian isn't too much of a stretch, a way of kinda going into the family buisness. And could Shredder be building not only a Transmat but also his super-battle armor from the triceraton tech?? Man...this series just keeps getting better and better!!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline  
Old 03-21-2005, 08:25 AM   #174
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi Chimera
This was a really good episode but it was too short. It was a shame that Karai dispatched Leo and Raph with seemingly little effort. Too bad Leo didn't slice her in half instead of the robot. Hun was just really pathetic in this episode.
i dont think she really could have killed them that easy, their bodies are bone! That shell and plastron are solid bone underneath and pretty thick. (ack trying to get my thoughts together while fighting dizziness...ugh)
um..didn't se get leo from the back? his shell should have protected him and Raph, unless she pierced him, he should have only been injured not dead.
I see the only way she could have killed them is by decaptiation or piercing. Slicing with the sword onto a hard shell would cause serious injury...or that sword she had must've been something else...

Another thought popped into my head, why the hec did Donnie make himself some fancy do outfit and not the others? I mean, he could have given them some kind of extra protection.

After the fight was over, I expected Raph to look up and say, "Were we convincing enough?"
__________________
Buslady is offline  
Old 03-21-2005, 12:56 PM   #175
R-iZZy
The Long Con
 
R-iZZy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: G'ville, FL (Gator Country), USA
Posts: 3,007
^ They only recovered ONE of the Karai-Bots that Stockman had modified. If he recovered more, the others would've probably been protected.

As for killing the turtles... who knows? Technology advanced drastically within a span of 30 years. Perhaps her blade was made of a tougher metal, or maybe the blade was poison-tipped (doubtful). I guess it's all about using your imagination rather than your logical thinking.
__________________


R-iZZy is offline  
Old 03-21-2005, 05:36 PM   #176
turtlelover
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: ohio
Posts: 23
same as it ever was

i loved this episode and yes i did cry because of the deaths of the guys i wished thye had lived to see shredders defeat
turtlelover is offline  
Old 03-21-2005, 08:22 PM   #177
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
I wonder what might of happened to some other charaters we know in the series. It be a pity to think what happen to Leatherhead or the Guardians in this alternate future.

Knowing the where abouts of other charaters in this alternate future would not be good to know.
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline  
Old 03-21-2005, 08:29 PM   #178
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 687
I wonder did the turtles ever become desperate enough to get help from the stars? Maybe the Triceratons wouldn't have bothered to help out with something...so trivial in terms that they have an empire to administrate. But I can't help but wonder why didn't Master Splinter call out his Battle Nexus allies (the Daimyo) and the turtles perhaps call Traximus? If Shreddar was an interstellar force to be reckoned with like this ep said I could see the Trikes getting involved. If only to consolidate their power.

Or maybe...after the war they became peace loving dinos.
__________________
Doppleganger is offline  
Old 03-21-2005, 08:40 PM   #179
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant
 
Aska_Badoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 485
Quote:
Knowing the where abouts of other charaters in this alternate future would not be good to know.
Ack. No, you're right, I really don't want to know. Really, really don't want to know.

Quote:
But I can't help but wonder why didn't Master Splinter call out his Battle Nexus allies (the Daimyo) and the turtles perhaps call Traximus? If Shreddar was an interstellar force to be reckoned with like this ep said I could see the Trikes getting involved. If only to consolidate their power.
Hrm. Maybe they couldn't. Maybe they did, and they were defeated. Good question...
__________________

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie
Aska_Badoura is offline  
Old 03-21-2005, 08:46 PM   #180
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior
 
Doppleganger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 687
Quote:
Hrm. Maybe they couldn't. Maybe they did, and they were defeated. Good question...
The Triceratons defeated Earth's armies with ease. And then their "Justice League". Plus Traximus is a natural born leader when it comes to rebellions. I don't think it'd be so easy to defeat them. In fact maybe he was another leader but they just didn't mention it. Or maybe they were never involved.
__________________
Doppleganger is offline  
Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.