The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 01:11 AM   #161
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitoid Jones View Post
Sorry, Putrescent, didn't mean to insult you by abbreviating your name.
And I didn't mean for my post to sound like an attack on you, I just want everyone to be chill.
I haven't been watching 4Kids since it's just reruns. The only show I watch on there is TMNT anyway. My work schedule doesn't allow me to be awake when the show airs, besides, I've got the dvds, so there's no reason to tape eps I already have.
I'm thinking of changing my user name anyways so don't sweat it, it's just a pet peeve.
Yeah dude I don't want to fight with anyone that's not why I come here, turtles is.
I've just grown tired of the same boring repeated comments, and having to explain myself when no one else has to.
I guess I'm just a rare type of fan becaue I look at the good and bad in everything turtles even in things like next mutation.
Oh ok the way you worded that was like you've never watched the show yet had spoken of it as if you did so I was like hu? But I gotcha now.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:21 AM   #162
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Hey Putrescent I'm afraid my question is what started this all:

Quote:
What do you mean his voice actor doesn't really do anything to help matters?
but honestly I didn't think such an innocent question would start such a war, I didn't ask you to explain your self in condsending sort of way or even in confrontational one. I was wondering on your reason behind it, and one I would have asked any one.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:33 AM   #163
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
Hey Putrescent I'm afraid my question is what started this all:



but honestly I didn't think such an innocent question would start such a war, I didn't ask you to explain your self in condsending sort of way or even in confrontational one. I was wondering on your reason behind it, and one I would have asked any one.
I didn't feel that I needed to explain myself after the countless Fast Forward sucks it's lame bla bla bla posts every day on here.
I also didn't get the change to say anything if I wanted to as some one else had replied speaking for me.
Seriously though I've been through hell lately, and a voice actor and a show I enjoy reguardless of how many of you hate it should seriously be the last of my worries.
I'm just not a fan of 2k3 mike it's not a big deal it's just as simple as I think he's annoying not the voice actor who doesn't even sound like him.
You know more and more as time goes by I enjoy this site less and less but not because Krang doesn't keep it a kick @ss place but simply because of new annoying members, and people constantly spouting out the same tired things over and over for the past 2 years.
I'd think people would grow tired of it after a bit but I guess not.
I keep considering leaving here for a bit but why should I have to I've been here since almost the start of this place, but maybe it would do me good because allot of people on here seriously make me enjoy turtles allot less.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 07:51 AM   #164
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Michelangelo has been flanderized. I hope they do something about it in BttS by giving Mikey a decent character arc. Once the character gets less annoying, the voice will follow.
As I've been saying a billion times by now, the entire cast was Flanderized in FF. I did take it in the context that since the Turtles don't have a serious threat, and therefore, they could be a little more relaxed about everything. At first, that is.

Mikey was ALWAYS my favorite turtle, and 2K3 was no expection. I am a big fan of the voice actor, and his work on TMNT and the other 4Kids dubs (I have a problem with the company when it comes to certain things, but they have some good voice actors.). But then again, even I thought he got annoying in this part of the series.

But here's what i am confused about, or somehow missed. When are the turtles coming back? Is a decent amount of time going to pass from the time they disappeared to when they returned, or will it be seconds after they left?

All I'm saying is if they don't accidentally return in April's Bathtub, I'll be slightly disappointed. They missed that oppertunity TOO many times.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:57 AM   #165
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior
 
NameGoesHere1066's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: at home LOL
Posts: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
As I've been saying a billion times by now, the entire cast was Flanderized in FF. I did take it in the context that since the Turtles don't have a serious threat, and therefore, they could be a little more relaxed about everything. At first, that is.

Mikey was ALWAYS my favorite turtle, and 2K3 was no expection. I am a big fan of the voice actor, and his work on TMNT and the other 4Kids dubs (I have a problem with the company when it comes to certain things, but they have some good voice actors.). But then again, even I thought he got annoying in this part of the series.
They just need to allow him to be a character who has meaning and purpose to the show other than enternally being the butt of the joke that provides nothing but running commentary and slap stick comedy. Other wise Mikey's character is just useless. Maybe that can change in BTTS. **shrugs**

Quote:
But here's what i am confused about, or somehow missed. When are the turtles coming back? Is a decent amount of time going to pass from the time they disappeared to when they returned, or will it be seconds after they left?

All I'm saying is if they don't accidentally return in April's Bathtub, I'll be slightly disappointed. They missed that oppertunity TOO many times.
I think it's been stated that time has past in the present and they return a year later and while they where goe all the baddies have gone hog wild with no one to keep them in check. But I'm power phrasing here so don't take word as gosspel.
__________________
]
NameGoesHere1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:46 PM   #166
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Yeah. I must have some how missed that. I don;t know if I like the idea of them being gone a year or them coming back just after they left better. It depends on how it plays out.

But if Hun's any indication, and the villains also had a year to grow, I'm all for their disappearance.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:36 AM   #167
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior
 
FlawedCoil82's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 523
Personally, Mikey don't bother me half as much as that ridiculous "Bickles" robot police officer. Every time he says "'ello, ello, ello, what's this?" I just want to see his head be sliced off and watch him blow up. He is the worst element of FF (along with Triple Threat). I very much hope that neither of those characters ever appear again.
Jack
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:35 AM   #168
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
His name was Biggles and the joke behind him was he was a robot of a British police officer or bobby. Now that's obviously not going to make you like the character, and no problem with that, but at least know what your talking about before you say something like that.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:16 AM   #169
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
His name was Biggles and the joke behind him was he was a robot of a British police officer or bobby. Now that's obviously not going to make you like the character, and no problem with that, but at least know what your talking about before you say something like that.
Somehow, a robotic bobby would be an ideal character for something besides TMNT. Something a lot more satirical, allong the lines of Freakazoid or The Tick. I did like him in a couple epiosdes, but he just seemed like an out of place character.

Plus, I wanted a random bobby in my show! Now that they've done it, it won't seem as original.... but when has originality stopped me?
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:01 PM   #170
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by NameGoesHere1066 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
But here's what i am confused about, or somehow missed. When are the turtles coming back? Is a decent amount of time going to pass from the time they disappeared to when they returned, or will it be seconds after they left?

All I'm saying is if they don't accidentally return in April's Bathtub, I'll be slightly disappointed. They missed that oppertunity TOO many times.
I think it's been stated that time has past in the present and they return a year later and while they where goe all the baddies have gone hog wild with no one to keep them in check. But I'm power phrasing here so don't take word as gosspel.
TMNT4KIDS stated here, on the boards, that they return to a year later than they left. Technically, that'll be 2007. Fast Forward was in 2105, 99 years in the future. That meant they had left 2006. A year later than that is 2007.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:17 AM   #171
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
Just to make things clear as to where I stand: Yes, I did only watch two episodes before stating that FF was bad. But since then I have watched a few more episodes (I only have two left) and I don't dislike it a whole lot less than I did after the first two episodes. Sure, it got a little better, but it's still pretty bad. In some ways absolutely horrible (the previously mentioned Biggles being a good example of this). And the FF concept just doesn't hold up. It's like it's not even the same universe as previous seasons of the show. The silliness of the FF setting is way too over the top and forced to be compatible with the TMNT. IF FF was just a show on its own without TMNT in it, it might work (it'd be mediocre, but it wouldn't bother me), but the problem is TMNT are in it and that just doesn't make sense.
TMNT as a concept works best when emotionally real and down to earth in some way, as a contrast to all the ninja and sci-fi stuff and the fact that they're turtles. That doesn't mean it has to be depressing and humorless. Just means the characters should have layers and emotions and character arcs, the villains should have motives and random things shouldn't happen just for cheap laughs.
Also, the fact that they're shadow warriors should mean something (which in FF it clearly doesn't).
All I'm saying, and all I've really ever been saying is that TMNT is a great (not to mention iconic) premise (even though it's a parody at the core), and should be treated with some respect.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:59 PM   #172
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior
 
NameGoesHere1066's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: at home LOL
Posts: 957
I agree with you. But you better get ready to get slammed for voicing that opinion.
__________________
]
NameGoesHere1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 07:44 AM   #173
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
IF FF was just a show on its own without TMNT in it, it might work (it'd be mediocre, but it wouldn't bother me), but the problem is TMNT are in it and that just doesn't make sense.
Interesting. It does make a bit of sense though. FF is a show that happens to have the turtles in it. If you take the boys out of the plot, it could still be the same show.
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:48 PM   #174
Lanagirl
Hench Mutant
 
Lanagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Friends are not sent here
Posts: 346
Red face

Will there be any sign of Oroku Saki? I know, I know- it doesn't make sense but you know, it's not so easy to kill a dream
__________________
DEATH IN DAYS PAST
FORGIVEN BY THE GREATEST EVIL
TOUCHED ONE HEART
AND THROUGH BORN LOVE
Lanagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #175
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
Interesting. It does make a bit of sense though. FF is a show that happens to have the turtles in it. If you take the boys out of the plot, it could still be the same show.
Well, who would fight Sho'Kanabo? Cody and Serling?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:32 PM   #176
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I think he means 'replacing them with other random fighters'. And, I agree that everything was simplified to the point that it was nearly generic. But, it wasn't unwatchable by a long shot. The only reason I can see that anyone would still hate on it is because it's, objectively, a somewhat illogical follow-up to the 2K3 continuity.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:36 PM   #177
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
If the color scheme in FF was twice as dark and all the turtles had disgruntled emotional issues then there'd be no complaints by any fans. But in all honesty it makes no sense.

They are ninja, they practice being ninja, there are scenes where they sneak around when necessary, but what would make no sense what so ever would be if they still ran around in the darkness when for the first time in their lives they could be out in the open with no penalty. The first episode covers that up pretty well with them trying to sneak around. Did you watch "All Hallows Thieves"? They weren't trying to sneak around in that episode because they didn't have to. They enjoyed being able to walk the streets. If that's not enough they just defeated their worst enemy and saved the entire planet. Don't know about you but that would lighten my mood up quite a bit. If that isn't enough to make you happy then how about upgrading your living from a sewer to a penthouse owned by someone who idolizes you.

If you'd still be emotional, dark, and brooding after all that then you would be what we now refer to as emo. So emo in fact you might as well skip the foreplay and just kill yourself.

The villians having no motives? Okay let's see Kanabo wants to enslave the planet and use it's resources to benefit his race.

Darius wants to kill Cody and take over the company so he has complete control of everything.

Jammerhead is a criminal, much like Hun, a gang leader who now wants revenge on the turtles for sending him to jail.

Zixx is a bounty hunter who wants money and will do anything to get it.

The dark turtles, always in shame and being put down by Darius want to prove themselves by defeating the turtles.

Baxter, wants revenge for Bishop abandoning him years ago.

I see plenty of motivation here. Triple Threat is just an idiot and likes to cause trouble and break stuff. He's really the only villain I see that fits your profile.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #178
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Well, who would fight Sho'Kanabo? Cody and Serling?
Like gobo said, the show did not depend of having the tmnt in it. They could have been replaced by different fighters and it would have been the same show. IMO, many people don't like the show because the first 5 seasons were so different/better (IMO). FF was not as good as the previous seasons but it was still not horrible.
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:16 PM   #179
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
Quote:
The villians having no motives? Okay let's see Kanabo wants to enslave the planet and use it's resources to benefit his race.

Darius wants to kill Cody and take over the company so he has complete control of everything.

Jammerhead is a criminal, much like Hun, a gang leader who now wants revenge on the turtles for sending him to jail.

Zixx is a bounty hunter who wants money and will do anything to get it.

The dark turtles, always in shame and being put down by Darius want to prove themselves by defeating the turtles.

Baxter, wants revenge for Bishop abandoning him years ago.

I see plenty of motivation here. Triple Threat is just an idiot and likes to cause trouble and break stuff. He's really the only villain I see that fits your profile.
Stated a million times before, you can tell they were planning great big things with some of the villains, but the show got cut before they could do any of this. Maybe it will somehow flow through BTTS. maybe not.

But I agree. Triple Threat was just useless. I would have loved his action figure, though. But as a character, he reminds me of those random mutants they made action figures... and then when they tried to squeaze them into the OT plots.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:27 PM   #180
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
Like gobo said, the show did not depend of having the tmnt in it. They could have been replaced by different fighters and it would have been the same show. IMO, many people don't like the show because the first 5 seasons were so different/better (IMO). FF was not as good as the previous seasons but it was still not horrible.
You could do that with just about any show, I say people are just looking for reasons other than the obvious as to why they hate it and that is they can't handle the slightest change.
It's this way with everything they changed the stadiums here in Pittsburgh and the people flipped but after they where built and brought the city all kinds of money and the new stadium was all flashy and new and they grew to love it because it was nice and not old and dirty like the previous one.
And trust me I'm not defending Fast Forward quite frankly I'm as sick of talking about it as I am people bringing it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
Stated a million times before, you can tell they were planning great big things with some of the villains, but the show got cut before they could do any of this. Maybe it will somehow flow through BTTS. maybe not.

But I agree. Triple Threat was just useless. I would have loved his action figure, though. But as a character, he reminds me of those random mutants they made action figures... and then when they tried to squeaze them into the OT plots.
And you know Tooth what helped with the demise of FF? The fans constant complaints without an ounce of constructive criticism, it was just constant blasting of the series without allowing it to develop simply because it wasn't what they knew of the show in the past.

Please people for the sake of the future of this series and next season don't complain until you've seen the entire thing, or at least give the good with the bad in your comments about episodes.
You guys helped kill a show in it's developmental stages, for this one instance I wish the company would stop listening to whiney non-helpful fans.

Last edited by VaughnMichael; 06-29-2008 at 06:33 PM.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.