The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #161
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The box is great. I wonder if some casual fans will be disappointed when they find out this season was only 8 episodes and costs
$15.

As a fan I'd buy it for $20 if I had to, but how many average people would folk over for only 8 eps.
Um, it's no different from season 8.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #162
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
How can anyone say this is the best Box Art yet? The first season actually had OT artwork and it was awesome. I don't even know why they put money into copying the 2k3 turtle designs OT style, any stock art from the OT would have looked better, I doubt it made kids that are fans pick up the DVDs more because they got confused counting the 2k3 show didn't have as many fans as the OT did and the OT turtles were probably easier to market/easier on the eyes at a store shelf.

I did find it neat at first to see the 2k3 turtles done OT style, but they covers were really bad, heck remember that Donatello one that was used two volumes in a row only the second volume was zoomed in on his face... The Box arts did improve after S4, and this new one isn't as bad as some of the Season 3 ones but its still disappointing. Heck I wish they had kept the ripping off the 2007 film turtles stock art instead of going back to 2k3 which already have plenty of covers. And yes since its already messed up I do hope they copy stock-art of the new Nick show.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:44 PM   #163
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
the boxart is sweet lookin
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:16 AM   #164
Buffy
Mad Scientist
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: where am I?
Posts: 1,472
Really digging that boxart. This summer will have lots of new TMNT stuff in the shops, my poor wallet.
__________________



Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:09 PM   #165
soccerstud652
Hench Mutant
 
soccerstud652's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The box is great. I wonder if some casual fans will be disappointed when they find out this season was only 8 episodes and costs
$15.

As a fan I'd buy it for $20 if I had to, but how many average people would folk over for only 8 eps.
Amazon's preorder is for $10.49.
soccerstud652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:15 PM   #166
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
Really digging that boxart. This summer will have lots of new TMNT stuff in the shops, my poor wallet.
i hear ya
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:17 PM   #167
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
Really digging that boxart. This summer will have lots of new TMNT stuff in the shops, my poor wallet.
My thoughts exactly. It's got me very excited but at the same time worrisome 'cause I don't have deep pockets.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:18 PM   #168
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,786
There is also the Sideshow Shredder to save up for.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:19 PM   #169
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
There is also the Sideshow Shredder to save up for.
oh yeah, didn't know about that
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:20 PM   #170
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
I think art looks pretty awesome, but I dont think it looks epic enough. I hope season 10 has an epic art cover
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:36 PM   #171
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,786
They better go all out with the Season 10 release since that might be the final Turtle DVD Lionsgate ever puts out.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:18 PM   #172
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They better go all out with the Season 10 release since that might be the final Turtle DVD Lionsgate ever puts out.
Don't make me laugh. They're gonna put out a bare-bones release, make a quick buck, then sell their distribution rights to Viacom for a couple million, laughing all the way to the bank.

At least, that's what my crystal ball says.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:53 AM   #173
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,786
I suspect at the least we'll get all 8 Season 10 eps, but I hope the 2 skipped eps and Turtle Tip shorts are included.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:04 AM   #174
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I don't see that happening. If we get a series box set we might see that but who knows. They don't seem to care much. I'm surprised we got this far. As much as I love the series it's not all gold and I'm sure the sales have been pretty crappy on the past few sets. I don't see Red Sky selling well at all because by then most people had stopped watching the show and a lot of fans don't even like it.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #175
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I don't see that happening. If we get a series box set we might see that but who knows. They don't seem to care much. I'm surprised we got this far. As much as I love the series it's not all gold and I'm sure the sales have been pretty crappy on the past few sets. I don't see Red Sky selling well at all because by then most people had stopped watching the show and a lot of fans don't even like it.
I doubt anyone but fans are buying these sets besides little kids who jut happen to want it because they like the cover. And didn't the Season 7 and 8 sets sell pretty well?

I think I remember Murphy saying the Season 7 slices sold very good.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #176
GodzFire
Hench Mutant
 
GodzFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Sewers
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I suspect at the least we'll get all 8 Season 10 eps, but I hope the 2 skipped eps and Turtle Tip shorts are included.
Prepare to be disappointed per usual by LionsGate
GodzFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #177
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Don't make me laugh. They're gonna put out a bare-bones release, make a quick buck, then sell their distribution rights to Viacom for a couple million, laughing all the way to the bank.

At least, that's what my crystal ball says.
i hope not
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #178
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist
 
Tuxedo Moroboshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Battle Nexus
Posts: 1,127
One thing regarding the Turtleoid special... now, I either haven't seen it, or if I have, I saw it when I was little and don't really remember it, BUT according to some random commenter on YouTube, there was mention of "adamantium". I wonder if there's any copyright stuff going on with that, as I know that to be a fictitious metal in the Marvel universe.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:24 PM   #179
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I doubt anyone but fans are buying these sets besides little kids who jut happen to want it because they like the cover. And didn't the Season 7 and 8 sets sell pretty well?

I think I remember Murphy saying the Season 7 slices sold very good.
I believe it. They were released as part of the 25th anniversary, so it makes sense that they spiked in sales numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Prince of Crime View Post
One thing regarding the Turtleoid special... now, I either haven't seen it, or if I have, I saw it when I was little and don't really remember it, BUT according to some random commenter on YouTube, there was mention of "adamantium". I wonder if there's any copyright stuff going on with that, as I know that to be a fictitious metal in the Marvel universe.
I think this has been brought up before. It's unlikely, but very interesting either way.

I wish Lionsgate would just tell us what's up.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #180
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,786
After the season 9 set comes out I plan on doing one last email spree asking them to include the skipped eps as bonus eps on the Season 10 DVD.

I suggest everyone do the same after August.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.