The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2014, 06:24 AM   #161
Red Robin
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM3K View Post
Since I assume you paid through PayPal on the Mirage site, you should get an email when they ship. Mirage is only staffed twice a week these days and they can get behind on orders, especially since I expect there's increased demand from #32. I'd expect it to ship 1-3 weeks after ordering. Check your email (and spam folder) and maybe email Mirage if you don't hear anything in another week.
I will. Thank you for your help.
Red Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:14 AM   #162
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior
 
TMNachoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mendoza
Posts: 827
I ordered mine the last week, they shipped it this week. I tracked it already and it´ll arrive tomorrow!!
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:55 AM   #163
gbhq
Foot Soldier
 
gbhq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 167
just got mine in the mail though shellback.
they package their books much better than mirage does and it wasn't damaged
during shipping.
Every book i got from mirage has been damaged - i don't understand why they cant respect the books that they sell and at the very least bag and board them.
gbhq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:00 AM   #164
liugeaux
Hench Mutant
 
liugeaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 328
They must have just started packaging them well, the one i got from Shellbacks was bent really badly because it had no protection. It was basically a bag a board in a priority mail envelope.
__________________
My Blog: liugeaux.com
My Podcast!: Reality Breached
My Ninja Turtles Podcast: Shellheads: A TMNT Podcast
liugeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #165
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Oh for the love of fart, did anybody actually read what I said? Or the actual #32 issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
What Ninjinister mean is that it's spelled as MichelangLelo in #32.

There's also a MichelangLEO in the foreword.


The correct spelling is Michelangelo, the older spelling (which has nothing to do with anything here) is Michaelangelo.

Oops, my bad! Feel like a total dick now... When I read it, didn't even notice!
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:14 PM   #166
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Got back to my parents' home to receive the Shellback Artworks copy Steve had mailed a few weeks back. Arrived in great condition.

I haven't taken it out of the bag yet, but there looks to be a Turtle head sketch and signature on the cover in silver marker. Can't quite make out whose it is -- Laird?

Anyway, is this present on all the Shellback copies?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:17 PM   #167
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I got mine from Shellback & it does indeed have Steve's signature with a turtle head, both drawn in silver sharpie.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:18 PM   #168
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Mine's blank.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 04:22 PM   #169
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I got mine from Shellback & it does indeed have Steve's signature with a turtle head, both drawn in silver sharpie.
Ah, Steve's then. I didn't think it quite looked like Laird's, but I couldn't make out the name in the signature and the Turtle head was pretty close.

Pretty cool, I guess.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:06 PM   #170
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,792
I'm surprised nobody made the connection that Don's robot body looks like Metalhead. Looking at the cover, that's what a Mirage Metalhead would probably look like.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:18 PM   #171
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm surprised nobody made the connection that Don's robot body looks like Metalhead. Looking at the cover, that's what a Mirage Metalhead would probably look like.
I'm pretty sure quite a few people said something... 5 or 6 years ago when Don's mecha first appeared.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:16 PM   #172
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I'm pretty sure quite a few people said something... 5 or 6 years ago when Don's mecha first appeared.
Well...that was 5 or 6 years ago. I can't remember every little thing people say on the forums from nearly half a decade ago.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:41 PM   #173
Shogun26
Mad Scientist
 
Shogun26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: under my bed
Posts: 2,322
Finally got my print today after waiting since may 16th and of course it came creased because they only packed it with a plastic bag around it in a flat box... and she never sent me a tracking #. Had to email them again.
My print # is 244.

**Sending this back and she's sending me a new one**
__________________
Ebay Store!!

Guys...I think Turtle Mania is back for good.

Last edited by Shogun26; 06-05-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:12 AM   #174
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Does anyone know when this will be available for download?
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:26 AM   #175
mrmaczaps
Banned
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Does anyone know when this will be available for download?

It is already up on Laird's blog.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:28 AM   #176
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Well jeez, thank you very much.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:51 AM   #177
mrmaczaps
Banned
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Well jeez, thank you very much.
You're welcome.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:09 PM   #178
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Wow, did anyone find this issue kind of upsetting? In a gripping, dramatic, well-crafted way...
Spoiler:

Firstly, Mike's been acting crazy for a while. I don't care what the Styracodons did to him--can anyone imagine Mike, or any of the Turtles, being okay with participating in genocide? I mean like when the Styracodon farmers were melted with acid in the last issue?

Also Don and Raph's fight. It struck me as very sad and poignant. Here the Turtles are in their middle age finally having this fight that seems very... well... if this was the main canon version of the Turtles, which I guess it sort of is, it's a kind of game changing moment. Raph tells Don that Don never cared about his thoughts, that Don thinks he's better than everyone... and Don tells Raph that's a moot point and that he's being unreasonable. Wow, real asshole move, Don. I mean Raph barges in on your dead father reconstructed in a stasis tube and you tell him he's being unreasonable? And you don't even lie to reassure your brother--"No Raph I don't think I'm better than you all"? And then Raph tells Don he hates him, and tries to kill him. That's heavy! Jeez, the Don-Raph relationship is pretty charged in Mirage!

Peter Laird, I must say, tends to write Don as a sort of asshole, and tends to centre a lot of drama around him--hell Casey Jones told Don the exact same thing in Shades of Grey, and Don basically told him to stop being upset. Not only that, but PL writes Raph as pretty dumb. And Don's dialogue/monologue is unbelievably annoying.

Was anyone reminded, when they saw Splinter in the tube, of
Spoiler:
MNT Gaiden
? I guess PL probably never read fancomics, but the similarities were striking.

Finally, I was upset about Splinter. I mean if the real Splinter is in the Battle Nexus, he sure didn't seem all that in a hurry to see Leo.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:12 PM   #179
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
Mirage Don is an asshole. No question.

But that's what makes him interesting.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:15 PM   #180
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I agree with Cipher on this one. He's dark & moody, very different than what pop culture has painted him to be.

Ernest Hemingway — 'Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.'

True to form for the brains of the bunch.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comic discussion, volume 4


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.