The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2022, 02:21 PM   #1901
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
That's awesome. I want to be go deep into a new version of Gotham and see all the corners.

This is something to be celebrated, in general. Not because longer automatically leads to better, but because it's a sign of the creative freedom WB is giving this project.
A few years ago, we had the higher ups forcing a two hour cut and rushing their film to get a bonus.

Last edited by AquaParade; 01-20-2022 at 02:37 PM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 08:26 AM   #1902
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,117
Here's a clip from the movie.

LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 09:38 AM   #1903
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
I love the tone set by the choir. Brings me back to the Burton/BTAS era of Batman.

Movie also looks gorgeous, courtesy of the Dune cinematographer guy. Can't wait to drink it all in.

I'm mostly worried about the third act, which is my biggest fear with most comic blockbusters.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 11:37 AM   #1904
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,383
Well, this is why the production has taken forever. Reeves has been dicking around and shooting a 4 hour movie:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/the-bat...four-hour-cut/
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 11:44 AM   #1905
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 3,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Well, this is why the production has taken forever. Reeves has been dicking around and shooting a 4 hour movie:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/the-bat...four-hour-cut/
whoops, accidentally made a miniseries
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 03:07 PM   #1906
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,838
A little curious to see how the conflicts between the Director and the star impact the movie - if noticeable at all. But I'm sure Batman's pale skin and rosy red lil cheeks will make millenials swoon, so at least there's that.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 09:01 PM   #1907
Sumac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,129
I miss times, when good movies were relatively short and 3 hour epics.

I guess, brevity is a lost art in a Hollywood, like many others?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 04:12 AM   #1908
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
I just watched Good Time again.

Who knew Pattinson was such a great actor. Guy deserves the Batman role.

Also, the directors of Good Time kick ass. They also did a movie with Adam Sandler called Uncut Gems. They’re very good at creating a sense of tension that doesn’t let up the entire time. Pretty impressive.
___________

Good interview with director:

https://www.esquire.com/uk/culture/a...ew-the-batman/

More confirmation that Affleck was never his Batman plus more on the influences of the film. A Nirvana-inspired Batman film? Never knew I needed that, but I do.

___________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
I miss times, when good movies were relatively short and 3 hour epics.

I guess, brevity is a lost art in a Hollywood, like many others?
Depends on the project. Venom 2 just released at a brisk 90 minutes, but it wasn’t a great film.

Personally, as long as the story is paced well, and utilizes it’s runtime effectively, the runtime doesn’t matter much to me. In fact, as long as it’s executed well, then I say the more the merrier. Not to say I want to see something stretched out with filler.

I can see how a long runtime would hinder others though. Sometimes you’re just not invested enough to want to commit to that. That’s probably why I never watch the hot new streaming show. When there’s like 5 seasons, it’s too daunting.

Last edited by AquaParade; 01-25-2022 at 09:07 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 03:54 PM   #1909
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Little Caesars has a promotional tie-in Pizza/calzone hybrid:
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 09:41 PM   #1910
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
I already like the riddler's new design, grew on me quick. Catwoman also looks great. Black gordon still sticks out in a bad way. I don't think I'll be watching this in theaters, I'll watch it at home eventually, not in the batman mood.

I want to eat that horrible looking batman pizza tho
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 10:07 PM   #1911
Sumac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,129
Pizza is pizza, I'd go for any, if I could, no matter how badly it is shaped.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 08:40 AM   #1912
IMJ
Emperor
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,838
I love how instead of cutting the ears into it they just sort of fold the crust down into corners
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 09:19 AM   #1913
Sumac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I love how instead of cutting the ears into it they just sort of fold the crust down into corners
"Never waste a good pizza"!
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 02:39 PM   #1914
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I already like the riddler's new design, grew on me quick. Catwoman also looks great. Black gordon still sticks out in a bad way. I don't think I'll be watching this in theaters, I'll watch it at home eventually, not in the batman mood.

I want to eat that horrible looking batman pizza tho
https://static3.srcdn.com/wordpress/...&h=500&dpr=1.5
Do I smell product placement? Naw, not in a Batman movie. Maybe that crossover with the turtles rubbed off on WB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
"Never waste a good pizza"!
I don't consider Little Caesar's pizza "good" but that's just my personal tastes.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 02:42 PM   #1915
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I mean it's alright as far as "I'm hungry at the mall and only have five bucks" pizza.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 03:57 PM   #1916
Sumac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I don't consider Little Caesar's pizza "good" but that's just my personal tastes.
I live on another end of the world, so can't say I can taste it anyway.
But as long as isn't made in the basement with a stinky fat, its good for me.

Last edited by Sumac; 01-31-2022 at 04:16 PM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 03:59 PM   #1917
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Suit almost has a hint of blue to it. I love the addition of the collar - why shouldn't Batman slightly resemble Dracula?


Spoiler:
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 04:17 PM   #1918
Sumac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,129
Helmet / cowl looks kind of strange.
And collar attached to cape looks uncomfortable.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 04:19 PM   #1919
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,383
I thought that the more I'd look at it and see it, the more I'd get used to the giant collar look.

Nope. Still looks sh** to me.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 04:21 PM   #1920
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
It's not my favorite Bat-suit, but I like it. The collar really works for me, whereas the forearm gauntlets and shoulder pads haven't really grown on me. He has a bit of a clunky silhouette, but I'm thinking this could be due to the fact that he is only in "year 2", and is still streamlining the armor.

It's hard to top the Ben Affleck outfit, which was streamlined, but still looked protective. There are a few shots/angles where it looks sort of goofy, but for the most part, it's brilliant. Not so much in Justice League though, where he sort of looked like Snyder's Owl-Man.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
batman, diversity comics, the cucked crusader


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.