The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2015, 02:10 AM   #1921
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
I will set up some pics of Mozar and Dregg later on this week. Both are nice, well painted and generally interesting figures. I think folks are going like these guys when they see them on the shelves.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 02:29 AM   #1922
Hero
British Bloke
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
Missing accessories is a corner of the market third parties could cover.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:43 AM   #1923
Raptor86
Stone Warrior
 
Raptor86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Palermo, Italy
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
I will set up some pics of Mozar and Dregg later on this week. Both are nice, well painted and generally interesting figures. I think folks are going like these guys when they see them on the shelves.
No Mondo Gecko?
__________________
TMNTItalia
Raptor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:59 AM   #1924
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant
 
saintsaucey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: indiana
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwahl56 View Post
He's purple? It went from pink to purple according to other pics and I still like it. Pretty cool looking.

Can't wait for a fuller picture of Mozar.



For me, those helmet parts would be a bit fragile, but even then I'd rather have Karai human first. Design wise Renet looks rather silly, like she didn't have a lot of money for a superhero outfit so she made her own out of junk lying around.............................that could work for a figure.
her helmet was like a clock. ill have to see the whole episode again to pay attention to more of her outfit
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:18 PM   #1925
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Sneaky peek...
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...DB8F8.png.jpeg

Disclaimer. Not from retail, but it is a production figure.

I like this one a lot. The wings are great !!
Dregg looks pretty decent. What BUGs me is that his mouth has no teeth unlike the character does in the show.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 12:03 AM   #1926
Mugen_Jin18
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 102
Any news on the Boitroid playmates displayed last year? I am hoping they just pushed that figure back so they could add it to the dimension x line. I also think I saw a half shell heroes Boitroid so that may indicate some hope for one in the main tmnt line.
Mugen_Jin18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 12:04 AM   #1927
Unworthy tinker
Hench Mutant
 
Unworthy tinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: a house made of lego
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Jin18 View Post
Any news on the Boitroid playmates displayed last year?
Rumor has it that it's been cancelled.
__________________
I have big silvers, little silvers, and I can make it rain copper.
Social medias
Unworthy tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 12:07 AM   #1928
Mew
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
I think I'm gon pick up Mozar when he comes out. I've heard the paint ois nice on him.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 12:08 AM   #1929
Mugen_Jin18
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unworthy tinker View Post
Rumor has it that it's been cancelled.
Wow, that would of been a fine addition to the krang army. I'm bummed out now
Mugen_Jin18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 12:13 AM   #1930
Mugen_Jin18
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 102
That's so lame that we got foot ninjas & foot bots, all shredders mutant henchmen, mousers & shredder mutants on the foot side of the baddies, but then for playmates just to give us krang droids on the krang side!
Mugen_Jin18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 12:20 AM   #1931
Unworthy tinker
Hench Mutant
 
Unworthy tinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: a house made of lego
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Jin18 View Post
Wow, that would of been a fine addition to the krang army. I'm bummed out now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Jin18 View Post
That's so lame that we got foot ninjas & foot bots, all shredders mutant henchmen, mousers & shredder mutants on the foot side of the baddies, but then for playmates just to give us krang droids on the krang side!
Well, if it makes you feel any better, most filler mutant villains (Snakeweed and Spiderbytes for example) are put on the Kraang side on the packaging and stuff.

I do see your point though. If you want a tiny Kraang army, there should be some variety.
__________________
I have big silvers, little silvers, and I can make it rain copper.
Social medias
Unworthy tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 02:26 AM   #1932
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by MewMeow View Post
I think I'm gon pick up Mozar when he comes out. I've heard the paint ois nice on him.
Here you go. He's pretty cool.

DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 06:13 AM   #1933
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
He looks cool from the waist up.
So many of these modern Playmates figures suffer from stumpy leg syndrome.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 05:04 PM   #1934
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Jin18 View Post
That's so lame that we got foot ninjas & foot bots, all shredders mutant henchmen, mousers & shredder mutants on the foot side of the baddies, but then for playmates just to give us krang droids on the krang side!
....and almost no bad guy vehicles. Leo is even kicking the Kraang droid off of its only vehicle toy cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unworthy tinker View Post
Well, if it makes you feel any better, most filler mutant villains (Snakeweed and Spiderbytes for example) are put on the Kraang side on the packaging and stuff.

I do see your point though. If you want a tiny Kraang army, there should be some variety.
They had a big army on the TV show; Kraang droids, kraang droid (first human camo) Kraang Droids (with wings), kraang droid (old lady), Kraang (gatling gun), Biodroid, Kraang droid Irma, Kraang Subprime, Kraang Prime, Mom-thing.

Then there was the vehicles; Walkers, Technodromes, battle cannon vehicle, vans, trucks, the saucers (vehicle that introduces the audience to the bio droids)

As is we have a pathetic representation of the Kraang. One droid that can't stand very well and a vehicle that I don't remember on the show.
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"

Last edited by darthwahl56; 08-04-2015 at 05:30 PM.
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:53 AM   #1935
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Why did playmates paint that pad by his left shoulder orange? The pad should be yellow not orange! If they don't change that by the time this hits retail i'll be disappointed. And i'll probably end up painting his skin because it's far too light.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:20 PM   #1936
Toadtrooper
Hench Mutant
 
Toadtrooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
Why did playmates paint that pad by his left shoulder orange? The pad should be yellow not orange!
Heh... paint...

It's probably molded in the same plastic as the head and unpainted.
Toadtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 03:03 PM   #1937
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
I think that the Mozar figure looks pretty well detailed sculpt wise.
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:00 PM   #1938
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Mozar:
Nice n chunky.
Articulation:
Head rotates 360degrees.
Arms: Good rotation both vertical and horizontal. Wrist rotation.
Legs: As arms.
Waist and tail swivel.

Paint is pretty good, with nice face details on a finely detailed sculpt.

Some pics.



DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 10:23 PM   #1939
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
And here is Lord Dregg.

Another (In my opinion) nice figure.
Good articulation (if basic) throughout.
Wings look nice, but could have been done as two separate wings instead of one composite piece.
The toning is well done, with some interesting detailing. The teeth are in the mouth but its done via finely detailed paint ap.

A couple of pics.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:35 AM   #1940
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
And here is Lord Dregg.

Another (In my opinion) nice figure.
Good articulation (if basic) throughout.
Wings look nice, but could have been done as two separate wings instead of one composite piece.
The toning is well done, with some interesting detailing. The teeth are in the mouth but its done via finely detailed paint ap.

A couple of pics.
http://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...A1B1032CAC.jpghttp://i857.photobucket.com/albums/a...598F7FB74C.jpg
How tall are they copared to the turtles?
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.