The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-22-2018, 02:09 PM   #41
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post

My Experience: Someone once told me that I was "gucci".
NO WAY! You must be joking! They used SLANG around you?! INSANITY. Definitely worthy of being in this thread.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:49 PM   #42
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
NO WAY! You must be joking! They used SLANG around you?! INSANITY. Definitely worthy of being in this thread.
Hey, it was scary to me. I didn't even know what it meant back then.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:57 PM   #43
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Hahaha, oh my God, yeah. How frightening. Talk about sheltered.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:40 PM   #44
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Hahaha, oh my God, yeah. How frightening. Talk about sheltered.
What the juice, man?

What you said was cheese, dude. Chill yo' beans.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 02-22-2018 at 05:51 PM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:26 PM   #45
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'm not sure of anything. All I know is that thing burst out of the can (Yeah, your average pop can size but old, even then, in like 1985) and was very interested in us.

My buddy and I still shudder remembering that. And yes, as an adult I'm sure there's probably a reasonable explanation for what happened... but I've scoured the net for years and have yet to see one that would explain it away. I remember it was warm, too... it wasn't like it was just some half-frozen Coke oozing out.
This happened on a film set, right...? o.O

Now the question is, have you consumed that brand at all over the years of avoided it ever since? lol

Although Japan apparently makes an eel flavored soda, so there's that.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:32 PM   #46
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

I use to have a crazy friend. I just thought about him today as I was looking at ice sickles formed on the side of my house. He posed a question to me once. Asked what would happen if a murder was committed with an ice sickle. The evidence would melt. Yeah I’m not friends with him anymore. I’m not trying to hangout with someone trying to figure out how to get away with a crime.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:30 PM   #47
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Hey, it's a legit question, though! My guess is he just watches a lot of CSI or something. That is the sort of thing that might come up on a show like that. I mean, they had that guy who accidentally killed two people and then got stuck in wet cement after trying to hide the bodies, so..... (As a side note, Mr D and I have had that exact same conversation a couple of times. But I'm a writer, and he thinks like one. *shrugs*)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:35 PM   #48
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Hey, it's a legit question, though! My guess is he just watches a lot of CSI or something. That is the sort of thing that might come up on a show like that. I mean, they had that guy who accidentally killed two people and then got stuck in wet cement after trying to hide the bodies, so..... (As a side note, Mr D and I have had that exact same conversation a couple of times. But I'm a writer, and he thinks like one. *shrugs*)
He was a very creative person. Funny enough, last I heard, he’s in jail. Not for murder though.

Yeah I could see it as a CSI episode. Could be someone was walking outside an the ice sickle fell and killed them. The detectives thought murder at first but turns out to be an accident. Idk but someone has to say “that’s ice cold.”
Old 02-23-2018, 07:55 PM   #49
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
This happened on a film set, right...? o.O

Now the question is, have you consumed that brand at all over the years of avoided it ever since? lol

Although Japan apparently makes an eel flavored soda, so there's that.
I couldn't even tell you the brand. If I had to venture a guess, it might have been Pepsi.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:24 PM   #50
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I couldn't even tell you the brand. If I had to venture a guess, it might have been Pepsi.
I just stumbled across this.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/amp/Health...y%3fid=8495156

Makes sense to me if it was a frog in there, since they can fit in a can much easier than a snake or an eel. My guess is either someone got really lucky and forgot their can in the woods or it was just a sick prank. If it really was a Frog, probably got disfigured from being in there for so long that it ended up looking like a Jet Black Eel thing.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:01 AM   #51
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Not sure if this counts, but as it JUST happened, I thought I'd share it. So, about a week ago, someone stole an ashtray off our patio. Not just a little one, either. This thing is a metal stand about two and a half feet tall, with a big metal bowl with a wide lip to set cigarettes on at the top, and the bowl has a high-arched handle. It's iron, I think, as it's fairly heavy. It has a smaller removable bowl that sits inside itto hold the ashes. Now, this is an antique- it sat in my grandparents' house for as long as I can remember before my granddad passed, and grandma gave it to us. (Hubby was a smoker at the time, and has since quit, but we use it outside when company comes over who are smokers. I don't allow smoking in the apartment.) It is at LEAST fifty years old, and kind of rusty. Doesn't look like anything anyone would want to steal. But I was upset, as it's an antique and was my granddad's. But apparently whoever took it brought it back last night. It was gone for nearly a week, and then mysteriously reappeared on the patio when Mr. D went outside this morning. It was not there when he came home from treatment yesterday evening. Its just weird- why would someone take something so big, and then return it a week later?

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 11:53 AM   #52
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Not sure if this counts, but as it JUST happened, I thought I'd share it. So, about a week ago, someone stole an ashtray off our patio. Not just a little one, either. This thing is a metal stand about two and a half feet tall, with a big metal bowl with a wide lip to set cigarettes on at the top, and the bowl has a high-arched handle. It's iron, I think, as it's fairly heavy. It has a smaller removable bowl that sits inside itto hold the ashes. Now, this is an antique- it sat in my grandparents' house for as long as I can remember before my granddad passed, and grandma gave it to us. (Hubby was a smoker at the time, and has since quit, but we use it outside when company comes over who are smokers. I don't allow smoking in the apartment.) It is at LEAST fifty years old, and kind of rusty. Doesn't look like anything anyone would want to steal. But I was upset, as it's an antique and was my granddad's. But apparently whoever took it brought it back last night. It was gone for nearly a week, and then mysteriously reappeared on the patio when Mr. D went outside this morning. It was not there when he came home from treatment yesterday evening. Its just weird- why would someone take something so big, and then return it a week later?
That is weird. And it’s not like it’s small and easy to fit in someone’s pockets to take away and then bring back.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:22 PM   #53
Vegita-San
Emperor

not really directly to me.. but definitely one of the weirder things I've ever seen tend to happen on the road.

Driving back from the beach. On rush hour, on a major parkway. This is this african american lady just slowly walking in the middle of the fast lane crying her eyes out like a banshee. a police car was just calmly following behind her, holding back traffic, letting her walk. I still never found out what happened.

I've also seen a truck driving along the highway with a decent sized small tree branch stuck out it's back door and dragging along the highway.

Perhaps the oddest radio traffic report I ever heard. the traffic guy spotted a truck ON FIRE, just moving on down the road like normal. and they never followed up on it.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:27 PM   #54
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
That's strange. My guess is someone else (a parent?) made the thief return it? Glad you got it back though!
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:12 AM   #55
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

This ones always stuck with me. It was one of my fondest memories... though unfortunately it doesn't have a nice ending.

Back when I was about fourteen, Chris Benoit was doing an autograph signing at a Partsource Canada in Hamilton, Ontario where I lived. I was never into autographs but my friends and I were all huge wrestling fans and they didn't need to do much arm-twisting to convince me to go.

As we waited in line, my friends were trying to think of what they'd say or ask him to write. My friends all went up before me giving me a couple seconds to think of what to say when I went up to him. Then I remembered a headline from a wrestling website I read two weeks prior: Chris Benoit and his wife Nancy just had a son, Daniel.

My memory of it is surprisingly clear. I remember walking up and some guy standing in front of the booth said "Got something to sign?" I shook my head no, and he handed me a really crappy black and white print-out which was mostly the Partsource Canada logo with a very small picture of Chris Benoit at the bottom.

Once I was handed that, I approached Chris, who greeted me with a tight lipped smile and a "Hi." He'd been signing for about an hour at that point.
"Hey," I said. Chris began signing the print-out. "How's your son?"
I'll never forget this - He looked up at me and his face lit up.
"He's great!" He was full on grinning now. He kinda just took a moment to look at me in appreciation for thinking to ask.
"You seriously just made my day. Thanks so much for asking! He's terrific. Just great."
He asked for my name and signed it before shaking my hand.
"Marc, thank you. Seriously. Means alot to me."

And that was that.

It's a minor moment of course, but you know that feeling you get when you really did make someones day for the simplest thing? For as abysmal as it was, that was one of my favourite memories.

And then... seven years later...

So yeah, not exactly a "crazy thing that happened in my life" but something that has always stuck with me. Figured I'd share it here.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:06 PM   #56
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
This ones always stuck with me. It was one of my fondest memories... though unfortunately it doesn't have a nice ending.

Back when I was about fourteen, Chris Benoit was doing an autograph signing at a Partsource Canada in Hamilton, Ontario where I lived. I was never into autographs but my friends and I were all huge wrestling fans and they didn't need to do much arm-twisting to convince me to go.

As we waited in line, my friends were trying to think of what they'd say or ask him to write. My friends all went up before me giving me a couple seconds to think of what to say when I went up to him. Then I remembered a headline from a wrestling website I read two weeks prior: Chris Benoit and his wife Nancy just had a son, Daniel.

My memory of it is surprisingly clear. I remember walking up and some guy standing in front of the booth said "Got something to sign?" I shook my head no, and he handed me a really crappy black and white print-out which was mostly the Partsource Canada logo with a very small picture of Chris Benoit at the bottom.

Once I was handed that, I approached Chris, who greeted me with a tight lipped smile and a "Hi." He'd been signing for about an hour at that point.
"Hey," I said. Chris began signing the print-out. "How's your son?"
I'll never forget this - He looked up at me and his face lit up.
"He's great!" He was full on grinning now. He kinda just took a moment to look at me in appreciation for thinking to ask.
"You seriously just made my day. Thanks so much for asking! He's terrific. Just great."
He asked for my name and signed it before shaking my hand.
"Marc, thank you. Seriously. Means alot to me."

And that was that.

It's a minor moment of course, but you know that feeling you get when you really did make someones day for the simplest thing? For as abysmal as it was, that was one of my favourite memories.

And then... seven years later...

So yeah, not exactly a "crazy thing that happened in my life" but something that has always stuck with me. Figured I'd share it here.
Aww that is really sad

Its also really surreal, meeting someone (especially someone who's famous), feeling like you've made a difference in their life, only to find out the tragic part all those years later. Hope you were able to cope with the situation at hand.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 03-09-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:13 AM   #57
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Aww that is really sad
Hope you were able to cope with the situation at hand.
Oh yeah. By the time that happened I was in my early 20s and had moved on from wrestling, so the news was sad to be sure but didn't phase me anymore than that.

Still, unfortunate that one of my fonder memories was later so severely tainted, but considering the actual tragedy -- small potatoes.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:40 PM   #58
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

For anyone who is familiar with the Pokemon games, you will most likely know that there is a popular trend for many players to hunt for "Shiny" Pokemon, which are basically just Pokemon with an alternate colour pallete. In the older games I play, the chance of encountering one are exactly 1/8192.

Crazy thing that happened to me was that I was hunting for a Shiny Slowpoke randomly out of boredom after having nothing else to do in the game, and after less than 40 encounters, BAM! I was basically in disbelief that I managed to get a shiny so early on and defy the crazy low odds (0.0001% to be exact), when most players I see on Youtube go to crazy lengths to hunts for these things (one for example, went through more than 18,000, so imagine how painstaking that must be). After catching the Slowpoke, I nicknamed her "Special" because she is my first Shiny Pokemon playing through the games as an adult.

As a kid, I did encounter 2 shinies. One was an Articuno, which I captured, before realizing that its colour was slightly different than usual. I didn't know what Shinies were at the time, so I thought my game was broken or something. Showed my older cousin, who then began to instantly freak as if he had just seen a ghost or something lol. Second time was a few years later when I was navigating through Diglett's cave and was running away from wild Diglett without looking at them. When I ran away from one of them, I for no reason looked at my screen, and there it was. I had just ran away from a shiny Diglett and was super dissapointed. What sucked even more was that 90% of Diglett have the ability Arena Trap which prevents you from running away, so it was a truly horrible missed opportunity.

Old 03-12-2018, 04:31 PM   #59
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I had my own fun little Pokemon event.

Namely, when I first started playing Sun and Moon. I wanted a female Popplio so I could give it a very specific name (Saoirse), and was ready to soft restart wherever possible.

But, to my luck, it was a female on my very first try. It was very exciting.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:37 PM   #60
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I had my own fun little Pokemon event.

Namely, when I first started playing Sun and Moon. I wanted a female Popplio so I could give it a very specific name (Saoirse), and was ready to soft restart wherever possible.

But, to my luck, it was a female on my very first try. It was very exciting.
Speaking of other crazy Pokemon things, I just saw this video today, and I think its the greatest reaction to anything ever in the history of things reacted to.

Gotta love his passion.