The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-02-2017, 01:54 PM   #21
snake
Disgusting

2017 is basically 2016-2.0. Maybe 2018 will be better.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:02 PM   #22
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Your late 20's will fly by fast. Everyone said once you hit 25 the years go by quick and before you know it you're 30 already. Hell to me 26-29 went by in the blink of an eye.
Every year since 2014 has flown for me. Or hell, every year since 2012. I noticed time started accelerating a bit around 2009.

Yeah man, I was like 21 just yesterday. Barely remember being 22 or 23.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
2017 is basically 2016-2.0. Maybe 2018 will be better.
Yeah it sure does seem that way. Also, it's one of those years without a Euro or a World Cup so its Summer feels kind of empty. 2018 will have the WC in Russia.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 03:51 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Fun fact: The Wii, PS3 and 360 are now as old as the SNES was when the PS2 came out.

Fun fact #2: The first iphone came out in 2007, literally an entire decade ago.

Fun fact #3: Youtube came out in 2005, more than 11+ years ago.

I remember when all this stuff happened like it was the modern year.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 03:59 PM   #24
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Fun fact: The Wii, PS3 and 360 are now as old as the SNES was when the PS2 came out.

Fun fact #2: The first iphone came out in 2007, literally an entire decade ago.

Fun fact #3: Youtube came out in 2005, more than 11+ years ago.

I remember when all this stuff happened like it was the modern year.
Yeah a bit mindblowing those consoles aren't current gen anymore. Shame I went through a phase where I thought I had outgrown games, so I haven't enjoyed that gen properly.

iPhones have been going on for so long? Really?

Man internet without wikipedia and youtube was less fun.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:18 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yep, the passage of time is crazy. More stuff:

Fun fact #4: Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzeneggar are both 70 years old now. (Arnold's 70'th birthday will be July 30th at the end of this month)

Fun fact #5: The Mario franchise, which started with Donkey Kong in 1981, is now nearly 40 years old.

Fun fact #6: The Pokemon franchise is 20 years old. I remember when it first started and people thought it was just a fad that wouldn't last

Fun fact #7: The Star Wars prequels are now over 15 years old. I remember when those were the "new" Star Wars movies.

Man, there's so much else I can list from pop culture that's old now. Hell even singers like Britney Spears and Christina Augilera are now old as hell compared to the young ones of today.

Last edited by CyberCubed; 07-02-2017 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:21 PM   #26
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I liked you better when you were banned.
Best comment ever.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:00 AM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's weird to think about how 80's and 90's kids are now adults and becoming the old ones. So everything from our day is unknown to post 2000 kids.

Do kids nowadays even know about Michael Jackson? Michael Jordan? Stone Cold Steve Austin? Sir Patrick Stewart? The celebrities back than are all old now and not relevant.

Hell they probably think of the 2002 Spiderman movie as an "old" movie now that the reboot is coming out, even though 2002 feels recent. Just think of the gap between Batman 1989 movie and Batman Begins in the 2000's...feels like a long as hell time, but it's really not that much longer than the gap between Spiderman 2002 and Spiderman: Homecoming in 2017.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:13 AM   #28
Prowler
Emperor

For real?! There's actually a tag in this thread named cybercubedthecuck?
Old 07-03-2017, 11:47 AM   #29
CyberCubed
Overlord

I know who adds them, who cares, LMAO.

It reminds me of the days when I was an edgy teen over a decade and a half ago when I was only 15-17 and I used to terrorize gaming forums like IGN, gamefaqs and gamespot in my younger days. Brings back a lot of memories.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:19 PM   #30
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I know who adds them, who cares, LMAO.

It reminds me of the days when I was an edgy teen over a decade and a half ago when I was only 15-17 and I used to terrorize gaming forums like IGN, gamefaqs and gamespot in my younger days. Brings back a lot of memories.
By the time I joined IGN in 2004 you already had like 80 thousand posts

LMAO gamespot is a terrible forum full of nazi mods. How long did you even last there?
Old 07-03-2017, 12:30 PM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord

I didn't stay there long, only when I was a young teen. I've been on IGN for over 17 years, and gamefaqs I mostly used for discussion on individual games, which is generally easier to do there than other places because they have a board dedicated to each game unlike other sites.

I also made an account on neogaf back in 2013 but I only lasted there 3 weeks before getting permabanned. I don't even remember what I said, but the mods are really strict there when you're a new member, you get banned once and you can't come back. I just lurk neogaf now because there's often gaming news you can find there that you can't anywhere else.

Also considered going to reddit but that place is even more of a hell hole.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:51 PM   #32
sdp
Megan Fox = April

reddit is ok but not for discussion, things become "old" and not paid attention to and everyone goes for the quick witty remark to get upvotes instead of a deep discussion which are rare.

I was permabanned from reddit for quoting a picture that didn't align to their political beliefs, that place used to be the relevant place for video games but not so much anymore and it's a far left forum that lives in a bubble and ban anyone who isn't extreme left. I had an account since 2006 so I was devastated by all the subscriptions to good threads that I lost, and I used to avoid posting because of this very reason

/v/ and other image boards are a decent place for discussion but nothing's permanent there either and it's hard to have a decent discussion most times.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:53 PM   #33
Prowler
Emperor

Reddit seems to be a huge circlejerk. Some sub-reddits seem interesting, however. But I prefer an actual message board like this one to talk with people.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:20 PM   #34
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
It's weird to think about how 80's and 90's kids are now adults and becoming the old ones. So everything from our day is unknown to post 2000 kids.

Do kids nowadays even know about Michael Jackson? Michael Jordan? Stone Cold Steve Austin? Sir Patrick Stewart? The celebrities back than are all old now and not relevant.

Hell they probably think of the 2002 Spiderman movie as an "old" movie now that the reboot is coming out, even though 2002 feels recent. Just think of the gap between Batman 1989 movie and Batman Begins in the 2000's...feels like a long as hell time, but it's really not that much longer than the gap between Spiderman 2002 and Spiderman: Homecoming in 2017.
Why is everything such a generalization with you. Do these "kids" exist in an alternate reality with no internet and no adults?

Reddit is f*cking terrible. I'm convinced it's a CIA psyop to experiment with groupthink as well as studying the science of persuasion and influence.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:23 PM   #35
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Why is everything such a generalization with you. Do these "kids" exist in an alternate reality with no internet and no adults?
Yeah who the hell doesn't know who Michael Jackson was?
Old 07-03-2017, 01:33 PM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Yeah who the hell doesn't know who Michael Jackson was?
Michael Jackson was mostly big in the 80's and early 90's. Michael Jordan is 54 years old. A 10-12 year old getting into the NBA now wouldn't know who he is unless he delved into NBA history.

When I was a kid I had no idea who most 70's stars were for example. I kept hearing "Chuck Norris" and "Mr. T" but I never actually saw anything they were in until years later when I was an adult. Kids our age had little to no knowledge of 70's stars or earlier. So it's the same with kids of today and our 90's stars.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:40 PM   #37
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Michael Jackson was mostly big in the 80's and early 90's. Michael Jordan is 54 years old. A 10-12 year old getting into the NBA now wouldn't know who he is unless he delved into NBA history.

When I was a kid I had no idea who most 70's stars were for example. I kept hearing "Chuck Norris" and "Mr. T" but I never actually saw anything they were in until years later when I was an adult. Kids our age had little to no knowledge of 70's stars or earlier. So it's the same with kids of today and our 90's stars.
I didn't mention Michael Jordan in my post at all. Hell I know how famous he is.

Michael Jackson was the most popular pop artist ever and I assume his music still sells a lot. He died in 2009. Not that long ago. Not even a full decade has passed yet. If kids know who the Beatles are I'm sure they know who MJ is as well. Besides we live in the internet and social media era where you can easily find older artists, video games, tv shows, anime, etc. than ever.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:44 PM   #38
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Literally everyone knows Michael Jordan. That is bullsh*t.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:52 PM   #39
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Literally everyone knows Michael Jordan. That is bullsh*t.
Not kids today, I only know of him because he was huge in the 90s but kids today sure don't. Michael Jordan was a worldwide celebrity, what person in another country that's not the US can name a single athlete like Michael Jordan?

And kids today don't know him unless they watched Space Jam on Netflix or are huge NBA buffs.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:54 PM   #40
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Oh look! Another Cybercubed thread about how "old" everything from before 2000+ is. BINGO!!! I think I just covered my card....

Sheesh, even kids today know who Michael Jackson was. He only died a few years ago, and it's not like no one ever plays his music. And Jordan was one of basketball's greats- people STILL compare today's hoop stars to the "Dream Team"! Honestly Cubed I luv ya man but ya gotta crawl out of the basement and actually go where PEOPLE are once in a while! Sit for an hour or two in a fast food joint and just listen to what people talk about or watch on the wi-fi or what is playing on the big TVs they have. Or walk around WalMart and watch people digging in the 5$ movie bins. You will quickly find that even kids know about a lot of the "old" movies and stars.

In other words, get out there and LIVE a little every now and then!!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cybercubed the timemaster, cybercubed4ever, cybercubedthe oldster, cybercubedthecuck, cybercubedtheoldster, cybercubedthevirgin