The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 06-08-2017, 02:34 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Bubsy: the Woolies Strike Back

So a new Bubsy game is coming out, titled "Bubsy: the Woolies Strike Back", it's coming out for PS4 and Steam.
http://kotaku.com/nobody-wanted-this...ack-1795936667

Old 06-08-2017, 02:51 PM   #2
sdp
Megan Fox = April

This is really cool, I know bubsy is hated on but I always wanted to play the games when I was a kid and sure it may have been a mediocre franchise but why not a comeback, I'm sure it's a cheap license and if the developers are good it could be the best of both worlds.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:34 PM   #3
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Inevitable, I suppose.

Despite all the Steam sales, I've still yet to download the Busby Two-Fur Pack of the original games. I do appreciate that the game description is self-deprecating.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 10:42 AM   #4
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

I'm definitely looking forward to this game, not because I think the game will be fantastic or anything, but because I've always liked Bubsy more as a character more then as a game. I liked how even as far back as the first game Bubsy knew he was in a mediocre game, but he also knew this is his big break and was trying his best with what little he had to work with. His first line in the game was a sarcastic "What could possibly go wrong?" and it goes on from there to the point Bubsy actually quits the game in one level...only to comeback in the next because he "Can't give up show buisness." So I suppose I like Bubsy in a meta sense, but even then I do have a bit of fondness for the first game...even if it makes me frustrated every time I play. I guess Bubsy's charm, no matter how little of it there is, is what's helped kept him in gamer's minds all these years and what made him stand out from the countless other mascot platformers like Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel or Awesome Possum.

I'd also like to mention how great the marketing for this game has been so far, from having an "interview" with Bubsy where he explains after his last game he's been a Z grade movie star that made, in Bubsy's own words, "Really bad movies. Like, Bubsy 3D... bad movies." to Bubsy's twitter account where he posts in character where they've taken a page from the Sonic the Hedgehog twitter by acknowledging the series's notorious past and having fun with it. I like how they've almost turned him into the video game equivalent of Deadpool.

The publisher seems to have confidence in this game because not only will the game get a physical release, something even Sonic Mania didn't get, but it's also getting a PS4 collectors edition. I don't expect the game to be very good and I don't think it will be a smash success, but seeing everyone's surprising support for the game and the publisher having more confidence in it then Sega had for it's own mascot's 2D game, I can't help but wonder what Bubsy's future holds or if there's even a future at all.

New trailer and I have to say that I really appreciate that the game is getting a DRM free release thanks to GOG.com. It's where I'll definitely be purchasing the game on release.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:01 PM   #5
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior

So I played the game and...well...

Let's just say I think the first Bubsy game is still the best in the series. Its very obvious this game was rushed out, probably to monopolise on the "Bubsy in Sonic Forces" meme, and to top it off the after credits tease that "Bubsy will return." So...sequel confirmed?

Also Bubsy's voice actor was uncredited so either they made a mistake in the credits or he was ashamed of his role and asked for his name to be left out. He's no Rob Paulsen, but he's definitely my second favorite Bubsy.