The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-24-2017, 11:04 AM   #61
ChosenOne
Banned

Of course, I don't think the current Mutanimals roster sans Slash would be able to stand up to the Turtles for long... They're due for a couple of reinforcements (Ace Duck and Dreadmon? Yes, please!).
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:15 AM   #62
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Of course, I don't think the current Mutanimals roster sans Slash would be able to stand up to the Turtles for long... They're due for a couple of reinforcements (Ace Duck and Dreadmon? Yes, please!).
Herman the Hermit Crab is a walking tank, and I don't even remember the last time we saw the Turtles win a fight. The Gauntlet Battle, I guess?

If the Turtles go into a fight with anyone more than street thugs (with or without invisibility cloaks), I'm willing to bet on the other side. IDW TMNT are quite often ridiculously underskilled.

C'mon, we never even saw them beat Oroku Saki. Not ONCE.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:24 AM   #63
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Herman the Hermit Crab is a walking tank, and I don't even remember the last time we saw the Turtles win a fight. The Gauntlet Battle, I guess?

If the Turtles go into a fight with anyone more than street thugs (with or without invisibility cloaks), I'm willing to bet on the other side. IDW TMNT are quite often ridiculously underskilled.

C'mon, we never even saw them beat Oroku Saki. Not ONCE.
Good point on them being underskilled, but that Gauntlet battle was against four super mutants...Bebop, Rocksteady, Koya and Bludgeon. So looking at the current Mutanimals roster(sans Slash) you have Hob, Mondo, Ray, Sally, Pete, and Herman. I think its a fairer fight, however you put Slash into the equation that changes things. Maybe their fight could stem from their differences in approach to rescuing Slash.
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:43 AM   #64
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
Good point on them being underskilled, but that Gauntlet battle was against four super mutants...Bebop, Rocksteady, Koya and Bludgeon. So looking at the current Mutanimals roster(sans Slash) you have Hob, Mondo, Ray, Sally, Pete, and Herman. I think its a fairer fight, however you put Slash into the equation that changes things. Maybe their fight could stem from their differences in approach to rescuing Slash.
Hakkr has kicked their butts.
Amenon kicked their butts.
Hun kicked their butts.
Slash kicked their butts.
Manmoth, Jagwar, and Gothano kicked their butts.
Metalhead 2.0 kicked their butts.
Leatherhead kicked their butts.

That's just since the Gauntlet Battle. Fights they've WON? Hakkr (but I'm willing to bet he kicks their butts in #74-#75 and Dimension X was just inconsistent), the Street Phantoms, and I think that's it.

One Mirage Turtle could take on all four IDW Turtles and win. Any of the four Mirage Turtles.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:18 PM   #65
CyberCubed
Overlord

A proper Battle Nexus tournament would be really interesting in IDW because they have so many characters to choose from. They can even have the Mutanimals enter with the Turtles to have more familiar faces around, whereas the 2k3 version just had them face random aliens we didn't know about.

Then have a few villains enter and it would be great. I'd also love to see Leatherhead, Anemon, Crying Hound, etc. enter.

And if they want it could be their way of introducing the Ultimate Ninja and Drako into the IDW-verse too if they want.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:45 PM   #66
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I wasn't sure about the #75 Cover but now I'm sure with the Universe #16 cover, that's Traximus!
https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...20090914230214
Hell Yeah!!!!!! Finally some Triceraton action!!!!!
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:01 PM   #67
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
A proper Battle Nexus tournament would be really interesting in IDW because they have so many characters to choose from. They can even have the Mutanimals enter with the Turtles to have more familiar faces around, whereas the 2k3 version just had them face random aliens we didn't know about.

Then have a few villains enter and it would be great. I'd also love to see Leatherhead, Anemon, Crying Hound, etc. enter.

And if they want it could be their way of introducing the Ultimate Ninja and Drako into the IDW-verse too if they want.
Battle Nexus would be awesome. I'm a sucker for tournament arcs.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:10 PM   #68
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Battle Nexus would be awesome. I'm a sucker for tournament arcs.
I'm a sucker for 4Kids' original ideas. The good ones, I mean... not the crap like Garbageman or Cody Jones. Cody O'Neil. Whatever the kid's name was.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:28 PM   #69
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
I'm a sucker for 4Kids' original ideas. The good ones, I mean... not the crap like Garbageman or Cody Jones. Cody O'Neil. Whatever the kid's name was.
Cody Jones. By the way, what you consider the good and bad ideas?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 01:38 PM   #70
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
Pete is a non-factor, Hob is nothing to write home about in hand-to-hand but probably the most dangerous of the bunch due to sheer ruthlessness and tactics, Mondo isn't much of a fighter, Sally is just a "normal" mutant who shouldn't be much more dangerous than Karai (and Leo regularly one-shots Kara), Seymour I'm on the fence about but he wouldn't be anythng the Turtles haven't faced before... And so that leaves us with Ray and Hob as the only real tactical threats, and Herman as the only real physical threat. Funny thing about hermit crabs in a square "shell", though: flip them on their back and they're pretty much neutralized. I'm sure Donnie could figure out and arrange for that. Even funnier thing, his weapon of choice works great for flipping enemies over... Also consider the fact that Hob and Herman wouldn't open fire while their teammates engage the Turtles in hand-to-hand, lessening their odds even further.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:44 PM   #71
CyberCubed
Overlord

Isn't Mutagen Man also just a head now? I wonder if he'll regrow his body or change into something else.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:48 PM   #72
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Isn't Mutagen Man also just a head now? I wonder if he'll regrow his body or change into something else.
Yes, there's that, too. I completely forgot the latest change to the status quo when considering the Mutanimals' odds.

My guess is he will get a new containment suit. The rest of his organs must still be there, right? How else would he still be alive?
Old 08-24-2017, 01:54 PM   #73
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Garbageman is the best. He's TMNTs version of "the obligatory C-List villain who only appears in events and group shots".
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 02:05 PM   #74
CyberCubed
Overlord

Of 2k3 villains we got Bishop, Hun and Ch'rell, and then Darius/Jammerhead/Dark Turtles. Most of the other 2k3 characters were from Mirage like Baxter, Karai, Triceratons, etc. so they're all in IDW already.

Really the only other characters I could see them using is Ultimate Ninja and Drako if we ever get a Battle Nexus arc. The others aren't really all that memorable or interesting to bring back.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:15 PM   #75
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Cody Jones. By the way, what you consider the good and bad ideas?
Well, to explain: I don't believe there is such a thing as a bad character, only bad writing.

Cody Jones could have been interesting, the 4Kids' take on Shadow Jones, but a cartoon show taking a hard right turn to sell more toys isn't going to put much more thought into it other than stereotypes, "audience appeal", and toys.

Garbageman could've been interesting, if he'd been toned down. A crazy guy who rules over the homeless, enslaving them for nefarious purposes? Sure, that could work... but not if you give him a bunch of robot technology that makes no sense and also treat him as a gimmick instead of something tragic or dangerous (like Baxter Stockman or Rat King).

So, disclaimer: these characters and situations COULD have worked but they sucked and were written to the lowest denominator OR were huge genre changes that alienated me.

Spoiler:
4Kids Originals That Worked:
Hun
Bishop
Earth Protection Force
Ch'rell
Battle Nexus Tournament
Foot Mystics
Ultimate Ninja (EXCEPT for the stupid name)
Drako

4Kids Originals That Failed:
Garbageman
Nano
The Ninja Tribunal
The human acolytes
Tengu Shredder
All that dragon stuff
Fast Forward
Cody Jones
Serling
Jammerhead
Shokanobo or however you spell it (Cubed, of course, will know)
Viral
Back to the Sewers
Virtual Reality Turtles

There. That's off the top of my head.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:27 PM   #76
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
The others aren't really all that memorable or interesting to bring back.
You could say the same thing about about Ace Duck and look what happened. You can literally bring back anything with good writing.

As for "memorable" or "interesting", I'd say most of them have enough potential even if the excecution wasn't always great.
  1. Viral
  2. Touch and Go
  3. Inuwashi Gunjin
  4. Chaplin
  5. Dr. Malignus
  6. Abigail Finn
  7. Sh'Okanabo
  8. Torbin Zixx
  9. Nano
  10. Ancient One
  11. Traximus
  12. Starlee Hambrath
  13. Sydney
  14. Ninja Tribunal
  15. Mortu
  16. Augustus O'Neil
  17. Serling
  18. Chrysalis
  19. Silver Sentry

Are you honestly telling us none of these have potential for revival but Muckman, the literal walking pile of trash, does?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 02:32 PM   #77
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
You could say the same thing about about Ace Duck and look what happened. You can literally bring back anything with good writing.

As for "memorable" or "interesting", I'd say most of them have enough potential even if the excecution wasn't always great.
  1. Viral
  2. Touch and Go
  3. Inuwashi Gunjin
  4. Chaplin
  5. Dr. Malignus
  6. Abigail Finn
  7. Sh'Okanabo
  8. Torbin Zixx
  9. Nano
  10. Ancient One
  11. Traximus
  12. Starlee Hambrath
  13. Sydney
  14. Ninja Tribunal
  15. Mortu
  16. Augustus O'Neil
  17. Serling
  18. Chrysalis
  19. Silver Sentry

Are you honestly telling us none of these have potential for revival but Muckman, the literal walking pile of trash, does?
I see you and I think alike. Tons of potential! No bad characters, just bad writing.

And I loved Touch and Go. Way better than Carnage and Radical...
Old 08-24-2017, 02:49 PM   #78
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:

1. Viral
  2. Touch and Go
  3. Inuwashi Gunjin
  4. Chaplin
  5. Dr. Malignus
  6. Abigail Finn
  7. Sh'Okanabo
  8. Torbin Zixx
  9. Nano
  10. Ancient One
  11. Traximus
  12. Starlee Hambrath
  13. Sydney
  14. Ninja Tribunal
  15. Mortu
  16. Augustus O'Neil
  17. Serling
  18. Chrysalis
  19. Silver Sentry

At the moment off my head these few have a lot of potential in being used again. I always felt Touch & Go were underused and like they were recurring villains for 2k3 Mike. If Chaplin comes again I'm unsure if I want him as a love interest for Karai again or not? On the one hand, Karai could have a daughter something she hasn't had since Mirage. On the other hand it just plain contrivance.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:34 PM   #79
CyberCubed
Overlord

I liked a lot of the Fast Forward villains (except Triple Threat, he sucked), and they could easily work in any sci-fi setting. Torbin Zixx could have been a bounty hunter after the Turtles in Dimension X, and Sh'okonobo and Viral make good alien/sci-fi threats.

I mean we know the Dark Turtles will be in the upcoming Ghostbusters crossover, so it seems like they could make any concept work.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:37 PM   #80
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
I liked a lot of the Fast Forward villains (except Triple Threat, he sucked), and they could easily work in any sci-fi setting. Torbin Zixx could have been a bounty hunter after the Turtles in Dimension X, and Sh'okonbo and Viral make good alien/sci-fi threats.

I mean we know the Dark Turtles will be in the upcoming Ghostbusters crossover, so it seems like they could make any concept work.
I have enough faith in IDW that I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in Venus and shortly after Peter Laird is quoted as saying "Eh, she's alright, I guess"