The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-15-2017, 02:12 AM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm surprised how many people list traveling to other countries, I seem to be the only one that doesn't really have much interest in visiting other countries. I mean I wouldn't mind going, but the time/effort, the money, and the language barrier (I only speak english), makes me meh on the idea.

You can't really see much of a country if you're only visiting for a week or so anyway, so other than the few most famous landmarks you're not getting the whole scope of it.
English is the lingua franca of the world. Obviously not everyone speaks it, but many do.

Ofc you won't get the whole scope of it in a short trip since you only see the good parts. You'd have to live in a country for a long time to get to know it well, but that doesn't mean you can't see nice things or learn new things from travelling abroad. that being said, it's not for everyone and if you're not interested that's fine.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:07 AM   #22
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Not at all foolish. My suggestion would be to get a dog or cat. No I'm not being sarcastic or anything, but you literally just described the relationship one has with a pet. Pets are there for us when we feel lost or alone, we can confide and trust in them fully, they help us feel better, we can have fun with them or just share their company, and they don't care if we screw up. Plus they couldn't care less what our hobbies are as long as we spend time with them. They don't judge.
I actually do have some pets.
Two turtles. Two cold, unfeeling reptiles that barely register my existence and pretty much only know me as the guy who brings them their food.
So not much of a relationship there. Haha....

But I do see your point about a dog or a cat.
They're cute, fun to play with, and I've even heard they can be therapeutic.
I'd love to get a cat, but I don't think one would ever be a real substitute for an actual human relationship.
They could never fully fill that void...
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:20 AM   #23
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

In the past couple years I have experienced both the loss of a long-term intimate relationship as well as the death of a long time pet.

Both wrecked me in different ways, but I think the death of the pet affected me more acutely.

But you're right about the reptiles not giving much in the way of emotion.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 07:28 AM   #24
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I think having a relationship with a pet is better than having a relationship with a human because pets listen to you and don't judge you on what you say. They are always there for you when you need them and never hurt your feelings or act like you don't matter later on in life. Yes, it's devastating to lose a pet when that time comes, but you can take comfort that they gave you some good memories and always were there for you no matter what.

Not sure if I'll ever get a pet, but I definitely would prefer that type of relationship.

As for visiting other countries, I have always been fascinated by Ireland and would love to go there one day.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:01 PM   #25
Prowler
Emperor

I sometimes feels like the only person left on Earth that never had a pet. Are people like me uncommon?
Old 09-16-2017, 04:46 PM   #26
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

No, not really. I don't have a pet now and haven't for some time. Closest I had was my sister's dog Toby and the only pet I had was my cat named Socks.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:51 PM   #27
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
No, not really. I don't have a pet now and haven't for some time. Closest I had was my sister's dog Toby and the only pet I had was my cat named Socks.
You still had them before. I had 0

i wanted a cat when I was a kid, but my mother is allergic to them so we never got one in the end.