The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 08-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Do you still remember "obscure/dumb" things from your elementary/High school days?

And I don't mean what you did with friends outside of school, I mean random stuff that happened in your school years?

I remember really obscure things that for some reason I probably shouldn't, but I can remember moments from each grade that I laughed at something (mainly some kid making an idiot out of himself in front of the class), or something silly a teacher did, or something from lunch time.

I'm wondering for those of you long out of school and College, do you still remember various instances when you were in grade school? Not so much the teachers/classes, but random dumb things the kids in classes did and/or weird stuff?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
Blossombrooks
Stone Warrior

All the time, we used the mobile bookcase (it's like a trapezoid on wheels) as a bobsleigh once and rode it down the hallway ...good times Didn't get caught!
I still see a lot of my old school friends so we're always reminiscing about the crazy stuff we did.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
Peanut
Second Gear

This should be a series of threads - "CyberCubed Ponders Dumb Sh*t"

Are you seriously asking people if they have memories from school? Christ.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post

It is, look at the tags.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post

I'm not talking about general stuff, I'm talking about stuff you probably shouldn't remember but do because of something stupid/ridiculous that happened at that time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

Probably shouldn't remember... but do because it was stupid/ridiculous...? wat

Something being stupid & ridiculous is a great reason to remember it. It leaves an impression. For example, I probably shouldn't remember you, but will into my older years, for the many stupid & ridiculous things you've said.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #7
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I remember a world without CyberCubed. Seems so long ago.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #8
Icebot
Foot Elite

I remember one time in high school, I was trying to tell my teacher something but she wasn't listening to me. She asked me to do a task but I wasn't sure how to do it so I tried to ask her how. But she kept repeating herself for me to do the task thinking I didn't hear her. After multiple attempts of trying to ask her how to do the job (since I didn't know how), she yelled at me and misjudged me and told me "You are not very bright today". I'll never forget that day.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #9
Super Moderator

I remember I called my Pascal teacher an idiot and he kicked me out of class. I was the first person to be kicked from his class. I also remember being completely removed from US History because I didn't like history as much as the teacher did. He called me a failure and will never go anywhere in life. I should send him my college diploma.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #10
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post
I remember one time in high school, I was trying to tell my teacher something but she wasn't listening to me. She asked me to do a task but I wasn't sure how to do it so I tried to ask her how. But she kept repeating herself for me to do the task thinking I didn't hear her. After multiple attempts of trying to ask her how to do the job (since I didn't know how), she yelled at me and misjudged me and told me "You are not very bright today". I'll never forget that day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I remember I called my Pascal teacher an idiot and he kicked me out of class. I was the first person to be kicked from his class. I also remember being completely removed from US History because I didn't like history as much as the teacher did. He called me a failure and will never go anywhere in life. I should send him my college diploma.
I don't know if I would consider them "obscure/dumb" moments, more like unnecessarily hurtful moments which would be understandably memorable. It's people like them who shouldn't be teachers in the first place, they seem to forget their profession that they are there to instruct and help students learn. It's not like you two were incompetent, lazy employees or something, yeesh...
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #11
jbeeman85
Foot Soldier

Terrible birthday

Not sure if this is what you're talking about but I remember when I was in Kindergarten on my birthday I got in trouble. Some guy took something from a girl I was playing a game with and I hit him with my backpack, which only had a Ninja Turtles notebook and pencil in it. The teacher pulled me aside and yelled at me. Included in her yelling was "I hope you have a terrible birthday young man". I will never forget that, who tells a 6 year old to have a terrible birthday?
jbeeman85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #12
Type 97 Chi-ha
Mad Scientist

In my early elementary school days, I remember the games of "boy germs/girl germs" and songs such as "Deck The Halls With Kerosene" and "Jingle Bells, Batman Smells". I assume most other people must remember these songs too.
Type 97 Chi-ha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #13
Vivi
Mad Scientist

Honestly, these are the things I try to forget.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #14
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Not really, and I don't care to remember them either. I'd rather focus on the here and now. I do remember those songs you mentioned, Type97, as well as the ones mocking Barney the Dinosaur.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #15
Type 97 Chi-ha
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Not really, and I don't care to remember them either. I'd rather focus on the here and now. I do remember those songs you mentioned, Type97, as well as the ones mocking Barney the Dinosaur.
Passed from generation to generation I see. Of course there was no Barney the Dinosaur in my youth. Lucky me.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #16
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Ah, I see. Yeah, lucky you is right. But I definitely remember the "Jingle Bells" song with Batman and all of that.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #17
Type 97 Chi-ha
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Ah, I see. Yeah, lucky you is right. But I definitely remember the "Jingle Bells" song with Batman and all of that.
http://ozyandmillie.org/1998/05/10/ozy-and-millie-12/
Old 10-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #18
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist

I guess I'm just a squaremI don't do any of this. I do remember one time in elementary school, however. It was Halloween, so we wore our costumes. But after lunch, we had to change back into clothes. So my friend was changing, and I thought it would be funny to open the door on him. So I got out of line and opened the door. He closed it, so I opened it again. I went home with a note from the teacher.

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #19
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

I can relate to some of you when it comes to not caring to remember middleschool. A couple jerks threw several rocks at me merely for not being able to see lol. But I'd have to say 9th grade was an awesome year. We Band folks would stay after school on Thursdays just hanging out and practicing our marching and stand tunes in the gym. I can remember how wonderful it felt on those October afternoons when we'd walk around a bit. I can remember game nights in Junior High, especially those away games when Band geeks such as myself got to take bus rides. Some kid was telling everyone how the Resident Evil games turned out and he scared the mess out of us. It was very spooky when we'd pass these chicken houses while he'd talk about zombies.

"Oh those aren't chickens you smell. Nah, T virus done got to everybody. They'll be waiting for you tonight in your closets!," he'd say. I had a buddy who would come over that year quite a bit. We'd watch a bunch of MST3K. Those were the Mike Nelson episodes since we were introduced to them via Scifi channel. This guy Ryan also got me into a bit of anime. When it comes to memories, I tend to remember a tun. But yeah, the positive things like the latter stick with me and usually outweigh the bad.

Tags
cybercubed thinks deep, peanut