The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-15-2020, 08:15 PM   #201
Leo656
The Franchise

I don't think Crystal Skull was "dumb", I just think it wasn't at all what people wanted/expected and thus became "dumb" by way of consensus.

Except for Shia, he's always f*cking terrible. Isn't he related to someone famous? I swear that's the only reason he gets work. He's one of the worst I've ever seen.

Other than him, I liked Crystal Skull, mostly. I just think if they were gonna do a Part 5, they should've done it, like... 10 years ago.

I get wanting the "stink" of the last one to air out but people already thought Part 4 was a bad idea because "they waited too long". Now? Yikes.

We'll see, though.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 07:38 AM   #202
CyberCubed
Overlord

Harrison Ford could barely move when he was in his 60's in 2008, now that he's nearly 80 I don't know what he's going to do in this movie. Replacing every action scene with a stunt double is going to stick out like a sore thumb.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 09:50 AM   #203
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I'm expecting less action and more brain: nothing wrong about that.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 09:56 AM   #204
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Harrison Ford could barely move when he was in his 60's in 2008, now that he's nearly 80 I don't know what he's going to do in this movie. Replacing every action scene with a stunt double is going to stick out like a sore thumb.
I think he did a pretty great and believable job in TKOTCS. But honestly, I know some guys who are crankin' 60 and are still pretty damn mobile and jacked. I'd say most of what we saw him do in KOTCS is plausible (not talking about the Nuked Fridge kind of stuff here....).

The only moment I was taken out of it in regards to his mobility was at a point during the Dovchenko fight scene with the ants. There is a moment or two where Ford is SUPER pale on screen and blush in his lips and oh man I thought he was going to drop dead of a heart attack. I can't believe they never reshot that or color corrected it, but look for it. You can't miss it. It's right around the part where he gets grabbed by the ear and is down in the sand - it's crazy.

But now? At 80? Hmmmmm..... it's going to have to be a very different kind of movie. I just want more Hasbro Indy figures.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:20 PM   #205
CyberCubed
Overlord

He barely moved in Blade Runner.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:38 PM   #206
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
In Episode 7 he clearly looked hindered.
He surely won't get any younger but, again, I don't thing this should be a big deal. An older, experienced Indy doesn't need to punch bad guys during the whole movie and could still be an interesting character even with a walking stick. His ability in solving mysteries is what the character is about and that doesn't age with the body.
Old 12-16-2020, 12:59 PM   #207
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I only want two things and don't believe I'll be getting them.
1) Shia 2) Ford with eye patch.
I'm still looking forward to it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 01:27 PM   #208
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
And that was being filmed in 2016. But still - go find the story about him actually nailing Gosling in the face, lmao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
In Episode 7 he clearly looked hindered.
He surely won't get any younger but, again, I don't thing this should be a big deal. An older, experienced Indy doesn't need to punch bad guys during the whole movie and could still be an interesting character even with a walking stick. His ability in solving mysteries is what the character is about and that doesn't age with the body.
The thing is though that Indy is a whip swinging, climbing action/adventure character. Han is more of a talking head pilot. But agreed totally re the intellectual Indy stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Mutt is part of canon now. They'll have to address both that and his marriage to Marion. I wouldn't mind the eyepatch making it's way into film continuity either.
Old 12-16-2020, 02:45 PM   #209
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The old Indy with the eye patch who appeared in the tv series unfortunately is no longer canon, they stripped his scenes away on the dvd re-release. In those scenes he mentions a daughter (I don't remember if she actually appeared in the series) which is obviously not part of the canon anymore.
Shia was confirmed to not come back in the new movie early in the development years ago but they can't remove him from the canon so Mutt will probably be referenced some how.
Old 01-04-2021, 01:51 AM   #210
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Shia was confirmed to not come back in the new movie early in the development years ago
As in, way, wayyy before Mangold came in with his reportedly brand new script. Shia may very well be in it though it's somewhat doubtful. If anything, we might get "now older Mutt" but played by a different actor.

Decent odds that they wheel in Karen Allen for at least a small "peekapoo" appearance.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 03:43 PM   #211
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
As in, way, wayyy before Mangold came in with his reportedly brand new script. Shia may very well be in it though it's somewhat doubtful. If anything, we might get "now older Mutt" but played by a different actor.

Decent odds that they wheel in Karen Allen for at least a small "peekapoo" appearance.
It wouldn't be appropriate to have Shia involved since he's been accused of being an abuser.
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/s...it-1234851796/
Old 01-04-2021, 03:52 PM   #212
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
It wouldn't be appropriate to have Shia involved since he's been accused of being an abuser.
https://variety.com/2020/film/news/s...it-1234851796/
I accuse you of beating my cat. No, I won't take it to trial. Does that mean you can't work anymore?

In Shia's case, though... it seems pretty damning. And this is after tons of stories of him getting into fights everywhere over many years now.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 04:34 PM   #213
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
since he's been accused of being an abuser.
Not saying he didn't do anything wrong. Not saying that.

But I am saying that look at how easily this rolls off the tongue nowadays. Guilt by accusation.

I can't wait for the day where I start to see the people who subscribe to this droppin' like flies. Especially when people start making accusations on those who think being accused of something means it should be the end. No one should have ramifications for anything based on accusations. I'll be at least 65% of the people reading this post falsely accused someone of something in their life at one point, maybe out of error but more likely out of sabotage.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:44 PM   #214
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Shia is seeking Inpatient Treatment
https://www.insider.com/shia-labeouf...torney-2020-12
Old 01-04-2021, 07:16 PM   #215
Leo656
The Franchise

Dude, like everyone who ever worked with Shia has at least one huge "That guy is such an asshole" story. Nobody should feel sorry for him, nor give him the benefit of the doubt.

He's a fall-down drunk and a cokehead and he was born with his head three feet up his own ass. He was Hot Sh*t in the movie business for like five minutes, which made all of the above even worse, and now most people don't want to work with him and those who do always regret it. He's not even a good actor; he's just a twat.

I don't say this about too many people, but it'd be great if something happened so that he'd just stay home forever. I'd very much like to never see or hear of him again.

Old 01-04-2021, 07:53 PM   #216
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Dude, like everyone who ever worked with Shia has at least one huge "That guy is such an asshole" story. Nobody should feel sorry for him, nor give him the benefit of the doubt.

He's a fall-down drunk and a cokehead and he was born with his head three feet up his own ass. He was Hot Sh*t in the movie business for like five minutes, which made all of the above even worse, and now most people don't want to work with him and those who do always regret it. He's not even a good actor; he's just a twat.

I don't say this about too many people, but it'd be great if something happened so that he'd just stay home forever. I'd very much like to never see or hear of him again.
He got arrested once for getting into a fight at the Walgreens we stop at all the time when we go downtown Chicago to hang out at Hard Rock Cafe. LMAO!
Old 01-04-2021, 08:22 PM   #217
Leo656
The Franchise

That's awesome.

I got a story like that. Back in 2008 or 9-ish, like an hour after we met Scott Hall/Razor Ramon at a convention in Monroe, he got kicked out of the hotel bar for walking up to a family in a booth and telling the wife (in front of her kids) "Yo, I bet I could eat your pussy better than he (her husband) can." So they called him a cab, and serendipitously, my wife's cousin and her husband were already in the cab they sent over for him. Which was odd because they were not wrestling fans and were on their way to a completely unrelated function nearby. The next day they were like "YO, we were in a cab last night with Razor Ramon, he was drunk as hell and all pissed off," I'm like "Yeah, we were at the bar with him and we saw him get thrown out of the hotel. How the f*ck did you end up in the same cab as him?" and they're all "I'unno! He made them drop him off at Dock's (a seedy, low-rent tavern in Jamesburg that's literally a five-minute walk from the house I grew up in and a two-minute walk from the place I lived at the time)."

SO. I went online to check the wrestling news, and the top headline for the day was "Scott Hall Arrested At A Bar In Jamesburg, NJ." Turns out that not even an hour after we saw him, and like five minutes after he got out of my wife's cousin's cab, someone at Dock's got mouthy with him and he shoved some chick against the bar and got himself arrested. SO, he had quite a busy weekend!

He's not ALWAYS like that, though. He's a nice guy, he just shouldn't drink. I like Scott. He's always been nice to me. Although EVERY time we've ever met, he grabs my wife's ass. But like, he's a legit 6'8 and I plan to live a long time, so y'know what? It's whatever. If she's happy, I'm happy.

Old 01-04-2021, 08:33 PM   #218
Powder
So tired of this place

Sounds like Shia got divided.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 10:08 PM   #219
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Kinda glad Indy didn’t pass his hat to him so to speak.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:17 AM   #220
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Phoebe Waller-Bridge is going to be lead female in this film.

https://deadline.com/2021/04/phoebe-...-5-1234672236/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote