The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Any of these things you wouldn't mind going away forever?
The Channel Six News crew 8 29.63%
Dimension X 2 7.41%
The Technodrome 2 7.41%
Krang 2 7.41%
Bebop and Rocksteady 6 22.22%
The mutagen creating hybrids 5 18.52%
Krang 2 7.41%
The Neutrinos 8 29.63%
The pizza obsession 10 37.04%
The vehicles 5 18.52%
The various gimmick gangsters 12 44.44%
The random mutants who did not have toys 4 14.81%
The random mutants that did indeed have toys 4 14.81%
Something not listed here (please point out what) 6 22.22%
I actually want to see all this come back (please explain why) 3 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2021, 05:53 PM   #41
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Not even those unstable mutations during Season 9 and early Season 10?
That can go away. It was done best with Donatello in 2003's season 4 arc and how interwoven and well done characterization wise. As an uncontrollable power up? No thanks. Not to mention the way it was written off was random and cheap, but I will take it so the plot can end.
Old 10-12-2021, 05:48 AM   #42
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

2003 didnt have aspects of the fred wolf and it was very good while Rise that also didnt have it was the worst ever made! It is not the fred wolf element that will make some cartoons good or bad. If it is like th IDW and 2003 then it will have success with or without the fred wolf aspects. If it is again something like rise then it will fail .
Old 10-12-2021, 08:45 PM   #43
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Not even those unstable mutations during Season 9 and early Season 10?
You got me there. I actually am not too fond of those ugly and stupid transformations.
Mad Dog McMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 02:58 AM   #44
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Ogg can go away forever.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 12:07 PM   #45
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Ogg can go away forever.

I will zapp you from this reality
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 04:59 PM   #46
Overlord

We don't need all those ssilly Season 3 extraterrestrial torusts doing short-visits to Earth. Thankfully, we have the Humanoid Federation, Triceratons and Utroms.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:57 PM   #47
miru
Mad Scientist

Lets just go with those random one-off characters everywhere; we've seen it in the Nick series with The Finger as well. Also, can I add "poor animation" to this?
Old 10-21-2021, 07:47 AM   #48
Overlord

The labelled vehicles should go. If the Turtles should have vehicles, they should not be labelled.
Old 01-28-2022, 06:16 AM   #49
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Mr. Ogg
Mutagen Man
80's Cameos
Time Travel
Downer Endings
Overused Comic Plots like 'City at War'
Overly 'Kiddy' Elements
April's Powers

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 08:57 AM   #50
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
80's Cameos
Overused Comic Plots like 'City at War'
I understand City At War, but it has become more of a title of a story than anything else. I also wrote my own treatment for a 1987 cartoon with Dregg secretly lording over the consolidated mob element, Alpha-One overseeing the remnants of Shredder/Krang's resources, and The Rat King as the wild card.

Also, 80's cameos as you say, I think its more of the misuse of the 80s' cameos. In that I mean, the parody of them. We have not seen them done with respect as they actually were in the 1987 cartoon. Initially, I overlooked Turtles Forever's poor treatment of the Turtles and the stupid leprechaun and food aliens is nerd rage and embarrassing. The first of the two interactions with the 2012 Turtles was done fine, but the Turtles don't take things seriously and are never in situations where someone could die because their world works differently? The 1987 cartoon needs to be the host not the guest. The host are always done justice, but guest rarely are in crossovers.
Old 01-29-2022, 10:16 AM   #51
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I understand City At War, but it has become more of a title of a story than anything else. I also wrote my own treatment for a 1987 cartoon with Dregg secretly lording over the consolidated mob element, Alpha-One overseeing the remnants of Shredder/Krang's resources, and The Rat King as the wild card.

Also, 80's cameos as you say, I think its more of the misuse of the 80s' cameos. In that I mean, the parody of them. We have not seen them done with respect as they actually were in the 1987 cartoon. Initially, I overlooked Turtles Forever's poor treatment of the Turtles and the stupid leprechaun and food aliens is nerd rage and embarrassing. The first of the two interactions with the 2012 Turtles was done fine, but the Turtles don't take things seriously and are never in situations where someone could die because their world works differently? The 1987 cartoon needs to be the host not the guest. The host are always done justice, but guest rarely are in crossovers.
I agree. The Turtles in the OT were similar to Batman in the Adam West version, the situations might have been silly and goofy but the heroes within that world took it seriously though. Maybe it was the joke that Adam West Batman (and 80's Leonardo) can say those dramatic lines with a straight face, but I mean c'mon now. The 80's Turtles faced alien invasions, the world having gravity out of whack, the world potentially being frozen over or overheated to dangerous proportions, plus having to constantly save the life of their best friend, and having to escape their own share of death traps. They weren't laughing it up when April was to be dipped in boiling hot wax, or when Baxter tied them to the clock tower and a bunch of other things. The way Turtles Forever portrayed them you'd think they'd be laughing it up until Leo says 'Yo guys, April is about to die a brutally painful death over there' 'oh um, right... *insert more jokes and laughing here*.

IDK I felt there some sort of mean-spiritedness somewhere behind the scenes with Turtles Forever. Like between Leo's voice sounding more like the Season 1 deeper version and the human cameos of Bebop and Rocksteady, like it feels they only watched season 1 and some random guy in the back that saw that one Lotus episode with the nose-sniffing device decided to throw in his 2 cents, and the rest was just.... let's make fun of everything they ever did and make them look like complete idiots, cause like.... cowabunga and pizza, amirite??? Oh and someone must have watched the wrong show and thought the Turtles really liked giving noogies to people.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 01-29-2022 at 10:21 AM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote