The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-20-2021, 07:38 AM   #2681
mikey0
Foot Elite

5 figures per wave now?
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:45 AM   #2682
Chris
Mad Scientist

Well, four and an accessory set but fingers crossed. Hopefully Super7 will clarify if this is an ongoing change or a one off when the officially put these up.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:47 AM   #2683
teemu
Stone Warrior

Wow so my first prediction was correct Slash,Ace Duck and Scratch
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 08:18 AM   #2684
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
Wow so my first prediction was correct Slash,Ace Duck and Scratch
Well done! I missed every single one

I'm guessing Scratch is the one Brian was referring to when he said people would go bananas. But I'm curious what happened to the character that didn't appeared in the vintage line. I guess he could have been referring to the Mousers/accessory set but then the Mouser did get a figure in the old line so that doesn't feel right. Guess whoever it was got shifted back.
Old 09-20-2021, 08:29 AM   #2685
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post

I'm guessing Scratch is the one Brian was referring to when he said people would go bananas. But I'm curious what happened to the character that didn't appeared in the vintage line. I guess he could have been referring to the Mousers/accessory set but then the Mouser did get a figure in the old line so that doesn't feel right. Guess whoever it was got shifted back.
There was never a Busted Mouser in the original Playmates line. Plus, this was a great way for S7 to release premutated Splinter without doing Retromutagen Ooze cans with him inside.

Playmates today would have made a 7-pack of Mousers, but the pack-ins included with the Ultimate Mousers kind of make up for the absence of the two Mousers.
Old 09-20-2021, 08:40 AM   #2686
mikey see
Mad Scientist

These all look SO GOOD. I'll be skipping the mousers and variant Mikey but even those look fantastic (Mikey is tempting).

I love the alt head for Slash. I won't be displaying him with it but it's really good. I wish the belt wasn't so purple, as I never had the purple belt, but it's not a deal-breaker by any means. I wonder if they'll manage to figure out a way to give his barbed nunchuk a chain.

Ace Duck is fantastic. The alt head is perfect and I like the option that separate goggles allow. The tommy gun is also a perfect touch for the character. It's also impressive that they're giving us a separate hole-less jacket just in case we want a clean look without the wings attached.

Scratch. Ooooo, Scratch. This will unfortunately be my first Scratch figure and I'm super pumped. It won't kill my desire to track down the vintage figure but it will certainly help. I reeeeally hope that ball and chain is detachable though. I don't want that to be a permanent fixture, it will get in the way on the shelf.

These reveals are always so bittersweet. It's going to be a year+ before we actually have these in-hand. Ugh. Collecting in 2021. It does beat having to battle scalpers at the local Target though!
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 09:18 AM   #2687
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

I have been sitting out this entire series (only one I have is GITD Baxter) but I'm in for the mousers, because the original toy was both a turd and also hard to get in good shape now, and Scratch, because I never see myself splurging on the vintage figure.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 09:33 AM   #2688
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:

This is a very strong wave and I'm all in. Slash is a modern, upscaled version of a figure that I loved as a kid and Sewer Surfin Mike (I'm glad I guessed wrong on Space Cadet Raphael) is one that I desperately wanted to pick up but never got around to it. As a child, I regret tossing my Ace Duck on top of the roof of my house (we sold the house) - I guess I wanted to see him fly or have a surprise ready for the new homeowners. I also love Scratch's side look (it gives off those Felix the cat clock vibes) alternate head sculpt.

I still don't understand what the all new never before seen in toy form reference was supposed to be.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 09:41 AM   #2689
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
I still don't understand what the all new never before seen in toy form reference was supposed to be.
The Battle Damaged Mousers.
Old 09-20-2021, 09:51 AM   #2690
Chris
Mad Scientist

You can say the Mousers on a technicality, but I do think they were referring to another figure and the waves just got shuffled (if I recall correctly the new character in wave 6 was mentioned in the same interview or round of interviews where Usagi was mentioned as in the works before they later said the rights were now held up, so there's been some shuffling of figures between waves)
Old 09-20-2021, 10:03 AM   #2691
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:

He was very cryptic about which I immediately thought Scratch. The mousers set has my head scratching, if that what he was referring to as the "character that didn't appear in the vintage"
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 10:06 AM   #2692
mikey0
Foot Elite

Everything is now up for pre-order at the Super 7 Store.

All pictures here: http://thefwoosh.com/2021/09/super7-...and-pre-order/

Last edited by mikey0; 09-20-2021 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-20-2021, 11:02 AM   #2693
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

I ordered 2 Slash figures so I can repaint one to look like the Archie Slash.
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 11.42.50 AM.jpg
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 11:29 AM   #2694
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordmylar06 View Post
Attachment 13172
And you can use different head sculpts between them!
Old 09-20-2021, 12:03 PM   #2695
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Attachment 13172
He looks even better with those colors!
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 01:18 PM   #2696
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Attachment 13172
Dang, that looks really good. Reminds me of the vintage Tokka. I wonder if Super7 will reuse this Slash sculpt whenever they get around to Tokka. I'd sure hope not, even though it would technically be completely accurate to the vintage line.

I'm so hyped for this wave, it's not good. Wave FOUR is still months away. This is wave SIX. Guhhhhh. I'm not even sure we'll have it in-hand in 2022!
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 01:26 PM   #2697
Dask
Mad Scientist

I ordered wave 6 from BBTS. Don't quite want to part with my cash just yet.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:53 PM   #2698
SleepDrifter
Thug

Absolutely in love with with the wave. Skipped the mousers however as it doesn’t have a lot of value for me. One is enough with Baxter for my display purposes. Totally stoked on absolutely everything else.
SleepDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 02:00 PM   #2699
SleepDrifter
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepDrifter View Post
I like this idea!

They’ve been hitting the good guys pretty hard (wave 3 - 1 bad guy, wave 4 - 0) I wonder if they’ll make a predominantly villainous wave at one point?

Anyway, just for fun, my guess for wave 6:
Sewer Surfing Mikey
Slash
Triceraton
Ace Duck
Scumbug (If there’s a fifth)
Not too shabby of a guess I might add. The dudes who called it on Scratch though… dang doggie. Nice!
SleepDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 02:12 PM   #2700
j3h
Hench Mutant

I’m glad they up-ed the wave to 5 figures for those who don’t want the variant turtle…something I started talking about pages ago. Going by the official group shots, it seems like the mousers were a last minute addition. I wonder if they were intended to be a retailer exclusive that fell through? Regardless, I’m glad they are coming and I ordered a full set of the wave direct from S7 and then two more mouser sets from BBTS. I didn’t think I would go for the variant turtles, but Samurai Leo last wave is too good and this Mikey came out awesome. Can’t wait for undercover Don, and that will tip my hand into buying space cadet Raph, which I don’t have interest in as a concept, but I can’t just buy three out of the four turtles! I hope Mikey’s color matches his normal figure to give us a few more head swap options.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote