The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-24-2014, 06:14 AM   #561
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Seth Green will quit the show in 1 year, most likely. This guy constantly gets new work in either movies or TV shows. I can't imagine a voice actor salary pays very much, I don't see why he'd bother taking hours of his day for this over any of his acting career jobs.
As someone else said, he's been with Family Guy since the beginning, so I can't see him just leaving the role like that. He's probably very honored to take it and will stay as long as they need him. The only other acting job he did was for the Fox comedy "Dads" and I believe that got cancelled. And while I'm not sure what a VA salary pays, it has to be a pretty good chunk of change considering how many VAs are doing it.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:50 PM   #562
Leo656
The Franchise

For now, I'll settle for swapping out someone I can't stand for someone I really like. We'll see how long it lasts, but it's already a step up in my book.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:35 AM   #563
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yep, same here. Biggs did do a good job as Leo, but the fact that I was never a fan of him and the things he did sort of trumped that in some ways. Bring on Seth Green!

Old 06-25-2014, 07:48 AM   #564
ssjup81
Foot Elite

In the recent episode, I felt Dominic did a so-so job as Leo. It wasn't bad, but wasn't good either, but as others have said, it has to do with the actual acting, not his actual voice. I feel with more practice he'd make a great Leo.

I will miss Biggs. His delivery and voicing of Leo was super! But, oh well. I look forward to the Seth replacing him and as I was saying, Dominic isn't bad.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #565
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
As someone else said, he's been with Family Guy since the beginning,
he also does and pretty sure is one of the main heads of Robot Chicken..that show is a very..pals playing around show

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 10:47 AM   #566
CowabungaMikey
Stone Warrior

I asked Catrambone if he was upset that they casted Green in stead of him, he replied with:

Poor guy. I really liked his Leonardo voice.

Cowabunga says it all!
CowabungaMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:01 PM   #567
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowabungaMikey View Post
I asked Catrambone if he was upset that they casted Green in stead of him, he replied with:

http://i62.tinypic.com/1z3uyk4.png

He seems like such a nice guy, I feel bad for him now.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:06 PM   #568
FoxBoxKid
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
He seems like such a nice guy, I feel bad for him now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
For now, I'll settle for swapping out someone I can't stand for someone I really like. We'll see how long it lasts, but it's already a step up in my book.
Why does it matter what kind of person is voicing whoever? All that should matter is the quality of their performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
In the recent episode, I felt Dominic did a so-so job as Leo. It wasn't bad, but wasn't good either, but as others have said, it has to do with the actual acting, not his actual voice. I feel with more practice he'd make a great Leo.

I will miss Biggs. His delivery and voicing of Leo was super! But, oh well. I look forward to the Seth replacing him and as I was saying, Dominic isn't bad.
Agreed. Catrambone's performance in The Legend of Kuro Kabuto was very off to me, and I almost had trouble getting through the episode because of that. By the way, did he record all the season 2 episodes after The Wrath of Tiger Claw? I'm hoping Biggs at least did the season finale.
a person who enjoys the 1980s animated series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but erroneously believes that no other incarnation of the franchise can possibly compare to the cherished cartoon of their childhood, often expressing their opinion in an obnoxious manner.
Example:
"Cowabunglers and their absurd narrow-mindedness regarding Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles really get on my nerves."
FoxBoxKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:13 PM   #569
JH24
Hench Mutant

I really liked Dominic's role as Leo in Kuro Kabuto, but for some reason something felt off in Plan 10. His tone of voice/mannerisms seemed a bit different and I kind of preferred the way it was in the episode before.

But that's probably just because he's still settling into his role.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:22 PM   #570
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Aw, now I feel bad if he wasn't expecting to just be a temp. :\
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:02 AM   #571
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, I do feel bad for Dom, but at least he's nice enough to wish the franchise and Seth the best which shows just how cool he really is. I'm sure he'll be able to get more voice roles in the future.

Old 06-27-2014, 11:32 AM   #572
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowabungaMikey View Post

http://i62.tinypic.com/1z3uyk4.png

I feel bad for him too. But he really seems to have no hard feelings towards anyone at all. He wrote this last week.

Quote:
I have on of the coolest jobs on the planet! Can't be anything but positive about the experience of playing a favorite!
https://mobile.twitter.com/domcatram...39825345921024
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:57 PM   #573
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
The only other acting job he did was for the Fox comedy "Dads" and I believe that got cancelled.
He did a lot more than that. He also currently does voice work for Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H., Robot Chicken, and Phineas and Ferb.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:51 AM   #574
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Oh, I didn't know about Phineas and Ferb and the Hulk one. I was talking about regular acting not voice acting. I just remember he was in "Dads" also.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:37 PM   #575
sdp
Megan Fox = April

So can someone post a summary of what happened? Sorry I don't feel like reading 29 pages that include a lot of speculation early on and then just ranting later on. The new Leo VA is not a bad Leo voice but it definitely sticks out after being used to this versions Leo. I actually felt the same about some of the OT episode recasts, but I'm not happy with him replacing him forever..

edit: ugh from reading I know a little more info but still have some questions...so do we know for a fact the reason Jason Biggs got replaced? And Seth Green will replace him in S3? So we don't know yet what he sounds like? That sucks, the replacement was not bad, I liked him I was just mad about the change and now we'll have another change, I won't be happy unless he imitates Biggs exactly the same...

Last edited by sdp; 06-29-2014 at 08:47 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:59 PM   #576
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

I just got used to Dom's voice too..........XD
Old 06-29-2014, 09:11 PM   #577
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Me too...

Why can't they keep Dom?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:56 PM   #578
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Me too...

Why can't they keep Dom?
Yeah, I'm not too sure why they don't keep him. Wouldn't he be more economic to keep around instead of another famous name that would require a bigger salary? And that money saved could be used to get more CG sets and more episodes.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:58 PM   #579
CyberCubed
Overlord

Indeed Dom has been improving a lot. Had he continued to Season 3 he would have made the voice just as awesome as Biggs.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:49 PM   #580
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
So can someone post a summary of what happened? Sorry I don't feel like reading 29 pages that include a lot of speculation early on and then just ranting later on. The new Leo VA is not a bad Leo voice but it definitely sticks out after being used to this versions Leo. I actually felt the same about some of the OT episode recasts, but I'm not happy with him replacing him forever..

edit: ugh from reading I know a little more info but still have some questions...so do we know for a fact the reason Jason Biggs got replaced? And Seth Green will replace him in S3? So we don't know yet what he sounds like? That sucks, the replacement was not bad, I liked him I was just mad about the change and now we'll have another change, I won't be happy unless he imitates Biggs exactly the same...
Uh... quick capsule review: Biggs is out, Green is in, nobody has officially given a reason why and Nick wishes him the best. Folks speculate that it's because Biggs acts like a tool online, or that he wants more time to do Orange and spend time with his kid, but at the end of the day we're just spitballing.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jason biggs, leonardo, seth green