The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-30-2014, 12:14 AM   #581
Electric
Epic Hiatus

I do feel bad for dominic, because you can tell he loved doing this. But at the same time, I definitely did not feel his voice acting was up to par for this show. I'm excited to hear Seth's voice for him. I know it's going to be a little different, but as long as it fits Leo and captures emotion, fine by me
Old 06-30-2014, 07:36 AM   #582
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I think Dom was getting better as he continued to do the voice and really feel he could have knocked it out of the park later on. But if Dom's doing the rest of season 2 then we'll see how he does in those episodes, though I think he'll do fine.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #583
bridgegrn
Foot Soldier

Wow, totally forgot Seth Green was Nelson in Batman Beyond. That style of voice for Leo would actually work I think.
bridgegrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:10 PM   #584
mexichrist83
Hench Mutant

I'm not digging this casting choice for Leonardo. I think Dominic Catrambone sounded very close to Biggs and did a pretty decent job with Leonardo. While his start as Leo was a bit shaky at first it sounds like he is really coming into his own with Leo. It feels like they are just trying to make unnecessary news for the show with the casting of Green purely for the name recognition when the important news should be the announcement of season 4. I've heard his voice acting in "Robot Chicken" and "Family Guy" (two horribly unfunny shows, by the way) and I've seen him in some movies and his voice is too distinct from the current Leo voice and just not a good voice in general. I think we should all prepare for a Leo that's going to sound (and eventually feel) very different.
mexichrist83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:20 PM   #585
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Looks Like Nickelodeon cut Biggs off just in time with MA Flight #17

Biggs is making national headlines for all the wrong reasons:

Quote:
Actor Jason Biggs is apologizing for a foolish and insensitive tweet about the Malaysia Airlines disaster.

Not long after the world learned the jetliner was shot down over Ukraine, Biggs tweeted: "Anyone wanna buy my Malaysian airlines frequent flyer miles?"

People were understandably outraged, but he doubled down calling them "losers," tweeting: "Hey you all 'too soon' ----- it's a funny joke. You don't have to think it's funny, or even be on my Twitter page at all."

Biggs is getting support from actor J.B. Smoove who stars on the CBS show The Millers. At a party for the CBS fall line-up, Smoove says when a disaster like a plane crash happens, the job of a comedian is to distract people.

He told INSIDE EDITION, “That’s what we do as comedians. We make light of things, only we can project it in a way that makes sense sometimes. We say what you are thinking. We can make it lighter.”

Now, Biggs, who is currently starring in Orange Is the New Black, is expressing regret. He has deleted those tweets and described them as " Insensitive and ill-timed. For that, I apologize."
http://www.insideedition.com/enterta...ne-crash-tweet

Quote:
CNN) -- For most of the day, Jason Biggs wasn't letting the Twitterverse judge whether his sarcastic quip about the Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 crash was funny.

The "Orange is the New Black" actor stirred a Twitter storm after news reports confirmed that a Boeing 777 crashed in Ukraine with almost 300 people on board. Biggs joked, "Anyone wanna buy my Malaysian Airlines frequent flier miles?"

The backlash came quickly with some saying the remark was too soon, and the event too sensitive, to joke about.

"Not cool, Not funny Mr. @JasonBiggs," @jorgemps wrote.

Sharliq Grant @SGofDaRuSH said, "too soon to joke man."

Biggs originally blasted back at his social media critics, unleashing an expletive-ridden tirade.

"Hey all you 'too soon' a--holes- it's a f--king joke. You don't have to think it's funny, or even be on my twitter page at all."

"Truly- you losers are literally trying to find s--t to get angry about. Channel your issues elsewhere," he continued.

"The idea that I wouldnt have any empathy 4 the victims or their families because I make a joke is absolutely ridiculous. U know that, right?"

"It's saddest for the victims and their families, obviously. But Malaysia Airlines is apparently a GREAT airline. Gonna be tough to recover."

Then in the evening, Biggs' previous comments about the incident were deleted and he issued a four-tweet apology:

1) Hey all- ok, so- I am deleting my previous tweets. People were offended, and that was not my intent. Sorry to those of you that were.

2) This is obviously a horrible tragedy, and everyone-including myself- is sad and angry about it. Sending positive thoughts to the

3) victims and their families. P.S. No one is making me send these tweets- I simply understand that my comments might have come off

4). as insensitive and ill-timed. For that, I apologize.

Biggs, who first became famous in 1999's "American Pie," has a long history of controversial tweets, including a series of sexually explicit comments directed at Republican politicians and their wives during the 2012 election, which he defended at that time, too.

Blogging for Esquire last year, Biggs explained why he loves his Twitter haters.

"You know what really gets me off? The hate. Oh, how I love the hate. Weird? Perhaps. But to me, watching people get riled up over the most trivial things is pure fking gold."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/17/showbi...ian-air-tweet/

It was only a matter of time before his increasingly insensitive remarks would get him in hotter water.

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 07-18-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:28 PM   #586
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Why cast him in the first place then, that's what he's known for it wasn't the first time he did anything controversial, hell he became famous in American Pie. As far as his jokes, many dromers made similar jokes on the news thread. I hate when VAs change, it's really distracting even when the change isn't bad or an improvement. The fact that they won't even keep the decent S2 voice is only dumber.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:08 PM   #587
Shark_Blade
Emperor

You can ask Ciro that.

As for Biggs, I say good riddance. Sure I like his Leo's voice but enough is enough. Maybe it's good he got replaced after all.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:27 PM   #588
Leo656
The Franchise

I was wondering when I read about it how long it'd be before it came up here.

I like poking people as much as the next guy - and I always say, "being offended is a choice" - but this guy seriously comes off like he has absolutely nothing better to do, ever, than piss people off on purpose in the most offensive ways possible. That[s his entire reason for being, anymore. It's like he realized not one person alive has given a sh*t about him since 2001 and it's his own desperate cry for attention. "I know! I'll be the biggest troll of them all! It'll be glorious!"

It's just really pathetic and he has absolutely no class at all. Less because of any specific remarks, but because it's so obvious that nobody cares about him except when he says stuff like that, and instead of taking the hint and fading into obscurity where he belongs, he has to keep pulling this "Look at me! I'm edgy!" routine.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:52 PM   #589
cryan
Stone Warrior

Makes me wonder if he cheesed off some of the other voice actors as well.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:27 AM   #590
Xav
Foot Elite

Why do people even care what Biggs says on Twitter anyway?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:15 AM   #591
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I didn't know anything about Biggs except for American Pie (which I saw). He's very douchey. I didn't know that until seeing this thread. Personally, I've never found jokes made at the expense of people's lives funny or stuff pertaining to a tragedy. That joke he made was done in very poor taste. It's so insensitive. To me, this type of humor is as bad as comedians who make rape jokes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryan View Post
Makes me wonder if he cheesed off some of the other voice actors as well.
I wonder what they think of him or if they truly got along with him. If he's as obnoxious as he sounds, working with him might have been grating, but even if this is likely or true, I'm sur no one would publicly say so...until after the series is finished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I was wondering when I read about it how long it'd be before it came up here.

I like poking people as much as the next guy - and I always say, "being offended is a choice" - but this guy seriously comes off like he has absolutely nothing better to do, ever, than piss people off on purpose in the most offensive ways possible. That[s his entire reason for being, anymore. It's like he realized not one person alive has given a sh*t about him since 2001 and it's his own desperate cry for attention. "I know! I'll be the biggest troll of them all! It'll be glorious!"

It's just really pathetic and he has absolutely no class at all. Less because of any specific remarks, but because it's so obvious that nobody cares about him except when he says stuff like that, and instead of taking the hint and fading into obscurity where he belongs, he has to keep pulling this "Look at me! I'm edgy!" routine.
From this thread, he comes across as man child, or a person with the maturity level of a 12 year old.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 08:55 AM   #592
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yep, I heard about that, too, and I agree that it's good they got rid of him, though they never should have hired him in the first place. Yeah, he did a good job as Leo, but how you act outside of that speaks to your character as a person, and Jason just comes off as an a**hole. He apologized, but he never should have said it in the first place. Makes me wonder why Nick would hire someone like that when they know who he is and how he acts outside of recording? He probably did have beef with the other actors. I thought someone posted somewhere that Jason and Rob didn't get along too well or something.

So, yeah, good thing Nick got rid of him as they don't need that bad publicity for their franchise.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.

Last edited by BubblyShell22; 07-19-2014 at 02:06 PM.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:08 AM   #593
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I'm glad that Biggs is no longer associated with this franchise. He's nothing but a classless scumbag. He was giving the TV series a bad reputation from the start and this would have made it worse. Now he's doing the same thing with his Netflix series Orange is the New Black.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #594
Donnieangelo
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
I'm glad that Biggs is no longer associated with this franchise. He's nothing but a classless scumbag. He was giving the TV series a bad reputation from the start and this would have made it worse. Now he's doing the same thing with his Netflix series Orange is the New Black.
I guess I could agree with that.

I don't think I'll stay here much longer.

It was fun while it lasted!
Donnieangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #595
pennydreadful
trash

Oh Biggs, you're such a charmer.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:24 PM   #596
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

While I liked his voice for Leo, Biggs really does come off as a jerk. It's probably for the best that they let him go.

I'm excited to see Green's take on Leo. I liked him as Oz from Buffy, so I can't wait to hear him.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:17 PM   #597
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
Biggs is making national headlines for all the wrong reasons:
*facepalm* I'm glad I don't really keep up on the crap he does. I wonder if his jackass attention seeking would just implode if everyone just ignored (and fired) him.

At this point maybe he needs to get a clinical diagnosis. I mean when you have that level of lack of empathy then come back like some little bitch at people who tell you "too soon..." Yeah that's not normal. Even most celebrities who have gotten a big head over their fame still have some amount frigging sympathy after a tragedy.

Seriously, Biggs, get checked out...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:54 PM   #598
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
*facepalm* I'm glad I don't really keep up on the crap he does. I wonder if his jackass attention seeking would just implode if everyone just ignored (and fired) him.
Honestly, I didn't even know how antagonistic Biggs was with his tweets until I started reading this thread (or even aware he did that at all until he tweeted the combined American Pie and Leo joke back last year or so). I figured that considering how incendiary his remarks were, it would only be downward spiral from there.

Funny thing is with this event (since I'm kind of a news junkie), I only found out about this headline on Biggs because of all of the mainstream news outlets (CNN, ABCNews, FOX, NBC, etc.) covering it on their websites (not just entertainment news outlets), where the headline was adjacent to the Malaysian Airlines tragedy itself.

...So yeah, he finally got the attention he wanted.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:42 PM   #599
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Looks more like people made a chicken out of a feather, joke wasn't even funny.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:31 PM   #600
Xav
Foot Elite

Why are people making such a big deal about this? Everyone knows what kind of humor Biggs does. I admit the joke was dumb but I don't think he was making fun of the peoples deaths. I get why people thought it was in poor taste, but he does have a point in if people are so offended by him why do they keep reading his Twitter page? He shouldn't have apologized. Now he just looks like a wuss who backed down because people said mean things about him.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jason biggs, leonardo, seth green