The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-19-2014, 04:41 PM   #601
Powder
So tired of this place

I'm sure all the people criticizing him make equally hurtful comments about others in their own time, or even on their own twitter profiles. People are hypocritical assholes.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:06 AM   #602
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Or their Facebook pages. Don't forget about those. But I don't mock anyone's death unless it's a murderer or terrorist who deserved to die for their crimes. But innocent people who died on a plane shouldn't be mocked like that. It's one thing to be a comedian and make people laugh, but posting jokes about people who have died in that fashion is still in poor taste no matter who you are. Just my two cents.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:19 PM   #603
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm "not allowed" to talk that kinda sh*t on my own Facebook page or I can forget my wrestling career, and I'm not getting paid a bunch of money to represent a major corporation. It's just a rule of the business, nobody is even going to look at a guy who makes "professional asshole" their life's work. Freedom of speech is one thing, but when part of your job is representing a company that caters to a family audience, you need to watch your mouth. At first, I struggled with it, but I had to make a choice: Were dick jokes and calling people c*nts more important than getting more work, or should I just tone myself down?

At the end of the day, if we're being serious, nobody gives an honest sh*t what anyone else has to say on FB or twitter. We just pay attention because we're all trapped in this "look at me!" culture, and seeing other people get tons of attention for doing nothing at all gives us the idea that we can be an internet celebrity, too. And for most people, that's the only way they'll ever be "somebody". And it's f*cking sad. That's exactly where Biggs is now. If he wants to keep pretending to be famous, he should either stifle himself or just make being an internet troll his 24/7 job.

It's not even a matter of hypocrisy, or censorship, it's a matter of tact being a necessary thing at times. It's that the guy's a child, a grown-up Bart Simpson. The world gives you a forum, and that's how you present yourself to the world? "This is me, this is real!"" Okay, fine, much respect for being yourself, but you're kind of a scumbag and nobody likes you, nor should they. You're not even really the kind of person who deserves a forum, frankly.

I don't know, I don't think everyone deserves the privilege of being heard, especially if they have nothing at all to say.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:27 PM   #604
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

If mocking a tragedy is the best someone can come up with... they need to reevaluate their lives.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:15 PM   #605
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Gotta agree with Leo and Indigo on this one. Freedom of speech should only be carried so far, and I'm glad Nick got rid of him because as Leo has said, if you represent a company you have to act a certain way and be respectful no matter what. Biggs hasn't done that, and he's only reinforcing the decision that Nick was smart enough to say, "Enough is enough" and fired him. If he was truly sorry, he wouldn't have even said such a thing.

I want to get a tutoring job that's through Facebook, so I know that I can't just post whatever I want whenever I want because they'll be looking at it and monitoring what I say, which is why I won't post anything and just use it for video chat for tutoring. That's the way the world works these days. Even potential employers can look at your FB or Twitter, and if they see stuff they don't like, they have the right to not consider you for a job. People really need to think about stuff like that and think about what they post.

Old 07-20-2014, 04:01 PM   #606
Xav
Foot Elite

I don't get why people just don't ignore Biggs? I mean what's the point of yelling at him on Twitter and turning every dumb thing he says into an national news story? It's not like he's going to change. This is a guy who wrote a whole blog post about why he loves his Twitter haters after all.
http://www.esquire.com/blogs/culture...twitter-haters
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #607
Rukitron
Stone Warrior

See when I first thought of Seth Green as Leo, I kept imagining him using the Chris Griffin voice which lead to some funny ideas. Including my personal favorite:
Splinter: Leonardo my son, what is bothering you?
Leo: Master Splinter, there's an evil monkey in my closet.
Splinter: Haha surely you jest!
Leo: But being funny is Mikey's shtick
*show picture of Dr.Rockwell angry and pointing inside Leo's closet here

Ehhh I think he'll do a good job, didn't hear about this Biggs being a jerk thing til now, but it's probably for the best.
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:08 PM   #608
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukitron View Post
See when I first thought of Seth Green as Leo, I kept imagining him using the Chris Griffin voice which lead to some funny ideas. Including my personal favorite:
Splinter: Leonardo my son, what is bothering you?
Leo: Master Splinter, there's an evil monkey in my closet.
Splinter: Haha surely you jest!
Leo: But being funny is Mikey's shtick
*show picture of Dr.Rockwell angry and pointing inside Leo's closet here

Ehhh I think he'll do a good job, didn't hear about this Biggs being a jerk thing til now, but it's probably for the best.
I want to see this! Too bad it's not Donnie. The joke would be even funnier.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:28 PM   #609
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I really don't even think Biggs even cared about the fans of the franchise and the kids. I've admired Cam Clarke for so many years because he understands how much his work meant to the fans. If you go back to page 11 of this thread and see my post about him there. You'll see what I mean.

Last edited by ranger_scout; 07-20-2014 at 10:33 PM. Reason: I already posted the videos.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:43 PM   #610
raphmike
Foot Soldier

did biggs has soft side love and good heart? i not know much about him only
i know he good voice of leo.
raphmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:26 PM   #611
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
I really don't even think Biggs even cared about the fans of the franchise and the kids.
Me either... his antics suggest pretty loudly that he largely just cares about himself and that's about it. (And when you think about it, not really even then because he's his own worst enemy ruining his own reputation.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:25 AM   #612
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Not to mention he barely talked about the show in interviews and only went to the first Comic Con after it came out. Seemed to me he really didn't care about being in it or about how he should comport himself.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:30 AM   #613
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

To be honest,i was shocked when they hired Biggs in the first place. I really didn't like him then and still don't care for him. There's many other voice actors that are dedicated and available. Oh well. Happy to have Seth green.
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:12 AM   #614
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychturtle View Post
To be honest,i was shocked when they hired Biggs in the first place. I really didn't like him then and still don't care for him. There's many other voice actors that are dedicated and available. Oh well. Happy to have Seth green.
When I heard years ago that he was going to voice Leo, I didn't have a real opinion, only because I didn't know anything about him outside of his American Pie fame. Until seeing this thread this year did I learn about his personality. I did joke about it though saying, "Leo's going to have all of the innuendo jokes".
Old 07-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #615
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I also wrote a letter to Cam Clarke at the end of last year and I told him how much the lessons that Leonardo learned meant to me over the years and he replied back. His response was so classy and friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Not to mention he barely talked about the show in interviews and only went to the first Comic Con after it came out. Seemed to me he really didn't care about being in it or about how he should comport himself.
My thoughts exactly. It seems he only saw it as job and did not realize how much the characters and the actor's work mean to us fans.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:25 AM   #616
Vicky82
Emperor

There's a new Robot Chicken, TMNT Parody Clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ6PT9bomQE

I'm wondering if that is Seth Green voicing Leo.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:20 AM   #617
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
There's a new Robot Chicken, TMNT Parody Clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ6PT9bomQE

I'm wondering if that is Seth Green voicing Leo.
If it is, that's not bad.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:21 AM   #618
Lou 500
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
If it is, that's not bad.
Reminds me of the flash toon where Splinter's outed as a poop eater.
Lou 500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 03:50 PM   #619
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Biggs admitted that he was fired from Nickelodeon from making all of those offensive Tweets. He said that being let go from the series affected him greatly and apparently learned his lesson. I don't know. We'll see if he really means it.

Quote:
I was let go from a job. It was for real. I'm fine with it now, but I think it really f-d me up. And for awhile, initially, I didn't think I did anything wrong ... but the truth of the matter is, I f-ing did it ... it f-d me up... It was enough to get a lot of people calling Nickelodeon ... I knew they weren't thrilled with them. That should've been enough. It wasn't. I tweeted more. I doubled down, and they were like, 'We can't do this anymore. Our phone is literally ringing off the hook.'

I got in trouble [on Twitter] a lot. And I took the stance for a long time of, like, 'whatever, f-k you, I'm not doing anything wrong.' And mind you, this sort of coincided with my last years of drinking. My brain was pickled, and I definitely had a sort of combative side to me that I think the booze and drugs obviously.
https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...fensive-tweets
Old 12-17-2018, 03:58 PM   #620
Leo656
The Franchise

Nobody's ever an asshole. "Drugs and alcohol made me do it!" No, you chose alcohol and drugs as a lifestyle because you're an asshole. Those things are a symptom, not a disease, as many claim. Just a way for people to avoid taking any responsibility for their actions.

My family's full of people like this. They don't ever mean it, and neither does he. Just wants what's left of his "career" back.

Get bent, Pie-F*cker!

This was also already discussed in another thread, yesterday I think. Doesn't bother me, just letting you know.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jason biggs, leonardo, seth green