The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 05-23-2014, 05:39 AM   #21
RedRocBoy
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazi View Post
The possible main reason why OotS is unpolished/unfinished, because their publisher (Activision) forced them to finish it for a ridicolous deadline.

Besides it's still better then most of the trash Ubisoft made for TMNT games.
Lol! OMG! I remember having Battle Nexus and the game before that one on the GameCube. Me and my homie were addicted to those games. We them each twice. But yeah they were bad. LOL
RedRocBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:16 AM   #22
Powder
So tired of this place

Those were done by Konami, not Ubisoft.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:12 AM   #23
RedRocBoy
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimajneb View Post
Couldn't have said it any better, I loved and still love oots.
^This. Really liked that game. Wish I could play it on Wii U.
RedRocBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:24 AM   #24
xChri5x
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocBoy View Post
^This. Really liked that game. Wish I could play it on Wii U.
Ditto. They released Arkham City on the WiiU and it plays and looks fantastic. Now is the best time to get this stuff out there.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:42 AM   #25
Cowabungawolf89
Stone Warrior

Since I maxed out the turtles in OOTS I'm just breezing through the game now
Cowabungawolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:59 AM   #26
kingblink
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Since Activision still has the license and their track record so far has been two terrible games, (the Nick game on Wii/3DS and the horrid "Out of the Shadows" with dinosaur nostrils), I'm not expecting much.

Besides I figured the third game would be based on the movie, but maybe it isn't?
wii/3ds game was terrible? havent got to play it yet
Highest Wanted(all Loose/Complere is Fine PM Me if you have for sale please): Toon Turtles/Casey Jones/Venus De Milo/Foot Soldiers/Toon Shredder/News Crew/April/Krang/New Van/Muta Bus/Rock Star Mondo/Sercret History Of The Foot Clan 2-4

"Turtle Die With Honor!"
"We Strike Hard...And Fade Away Into The Night"

reverbnation.com/kingblink
facebook.com/kingblinktherapper
youtube.com/user/BLiNKKiNGoFBaSS
kingblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:40 AM   #27
pingclang
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingblink View Post
wii/3ds game was terrible? havent got to play it yet
I played the 360 version and it was pretty rough. It's a really stiff beat-em-up and the gameplay is clunky. I didn't care for it but give it a try. It's cheap as dirt now so I may pick it up for Wii just to mess around.
pingclang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:14 PM   #28
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Since Activision still has the license and their track record so far has been two terrible games, (the Nick game on Wii/3DS and the horrid "Out of the Shadows" with dinosaur nostrils), I'm not expecting much.

Besides I figured the third game would be based on the movie, but maybe it isn't?
it could be an incident like the Dead Pool game...where the gameplay itself is ****, but the entire thing truly was a deadpool experience
Old 06-16-2014, 03:17 AM   #29
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
it could be an incident like the Dead Pool game...where the gameplay itself is ****, but the entire thing truly was a deadpool experience
I'll just read a comic book for that, then. I PLAY video games. The experience isn't anything special if the gameplay sucks.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:26 AM   #30
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I am hoping we hear about this game soon.

E3 just ended and nothing about it there. So... that definitely places it well into 2015 territory.

Nothing against Tom but after the last two games I think expectations should be kept pretty low
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:30 AM   #31
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post

E3 just ended and nothing about it there. So... that definitely places it well into 2015 territory.

Nothing against Tom but after the last two games I think expectations should be kept pretty low
I'm guessing we see something at SDCC.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:31 AM   #32
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Happy View Post
I'm guessing we see something at SDCC.
That would be nice. I hope so.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:40 AM   #33
Kendamu
Sewerhead

Quote:

Unless it's (for some odd reason) an RPG, then story will be such a huge part that my expectations will be super high!

Seriously, though, just gimmie a sprite-based arcade side-scrolling beat-em-up and call it a day. Take some hints from the '07 game on GBA and the original arcade games and run with that.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:10 PM   #34
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I really hope we get an RPG of some sort. RPG-hybrid games are all the rage these days, good examples being Borderlands 1 & 2 and Destiny really pushing rpg elements into the mainstream of western gaming. Then there are games like Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls... all extremely popular series.

I think a TMNT rpg could be a huge! the trick is... it has to be a game that capitalizes on what people love in a TMNT game--responsive, action combat with strong multiplayer-friendly options.

Like i've said before... i think we need a TMNT game that is a hybrid of the beat-emup and RPG genres. One example would the PS2 game by Square-Enix titled The Bouncer, which had some good ideas but ultimately failed to execute them very well. It was a very early PS2 game and it shows. But I still think the concept of a beat-em-up RPG is interesting and would fit TMNT really well.

RPG elements just make things fun, period You want to feel like your character is progressing throughout the game and an RPG does that very well. The turtles could not only gain health, but weapon upgrades & augments, new skill trees, etc.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:36 AM   #35
Powder
So tired of this place

Well, guess what!

Leonardo in this game is being voiced by...

Cam Clarke!

'Bout 12 minutes in he says he auditioned for the role of Leo in a new turtles game that (I'm assuming) isn't related to any specific universe (unless maybe it's IDW based, which would be awesome!).

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:46 AM   #36
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
I really hope we get an RPG of some sort. RPG-hybrid games are all the rage these days, good examples being Borderlands 1 & 2 and Destiny really pushing rpg elements into the mainstream of western gaming. Then there are games like Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls... all extremely popular series.

I think a TMNT rpg could be a huge! the trick is... it has to be a game that capitalizes on what people love in a TMNT game--responsive, action combat with strong multiplayer-friendly options.

Like i've said before... i think we need a TMNT game that is a hybrid of the beat-emup and RPG genres. One example would the PS2 game by Square-Enix titled The Bouncer, which had some good ideas but ultimately failed to execute them very well. It was a very early PS2 game and it shows. But I still think the concept of a beat-em-up RPG is interesting and would fit TMNT really well.

RPG elements just make things fun, period You want to feel like your character is progressing throughout the game and an RPG does that very well. The turtles could not only gain health, but weapon upgrades & augments, new skill trees, etc.
a TMNT RPG game would be cool if, they let you create any character, Be it mutant or human.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:49 PM   #37
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Well, guess what!

Leonardo in this game is being voiced by...

Cam Clarke!

'Bout 12 minutes in he says he auditioned for the role of Leo in a new turtles game that (I'm assuming) isn't related to any specific universe (unless maybe it's IDW based, which would be awesome!).

Just watched it. From the sound of it they didn't even know who he was so he got the part based on performance alone. It'll be interesting to hear him doing the voice so many years later. I wonder if he kept it the same or changed anything.so we have the writer of the current comic series and one of the original voice actors on board. Man I really can't wait to find out what this game is
Old 06-19-2014, 07:22 AM   #38
ToTheNines
[sic]

Interesting. I remember him sounding pitch perfect as Leo when he did the voice for those interviews on the season 5 bonus material a few years back, yet he sounded weird as f*ck to me for his cameo at the end of Wormquake.

Still, awesome news. I don't really play video games any more, but I'm fairly excited for this.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:55 AM   #39
chrisdude
Foot Elite

That's hilarious. I look forward to hearing him. It's weird that he could get the job without his namesake. I would kind of expect a secret game on the 30 anniversary of TMNT to be something retrospective..

I do wonder what the game will be, if not based on the movie or show. If Waltz wrote it, I have to guess it's comic-related. Some kind of tie-in that he would need to have a say in. Which would be awesome.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:17 AM   #40
syk_skillz
Foot Soldier

A Turtles Forever type game would be epic for a 30th anniversary game

Tags
2014 movie, idw, tmnt, tom waltz, video games