The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-16-2021, 08:37 PM   #3921
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1383084517825597443

There ya go.
Not exactly what I was hoping for there...underwhelming is the word that comes to mind. Sigh

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 08:37 PM   #3922
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
You talk as if super7's figures are readily available and easy to get.
Not to mention there are only 4 figs a year, if that. Expensive, long wait and flawed??? wtf??
They're open preorders for usually a month long. Any collector paying attention can easily get them.

They're not a long wait - they're made to order. Takes no more/less long than anything else, other than you're securing your order way earlier in the pipeline.

4 figures a year is only because they've only gotten two waves out. We'll get more than 4 this year. I wouldn't expect it to be more than 2-3 waves a year though. Which is fine with me.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 08:41 PM   #3923
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZAOx View Post
They're open preorders for usually a month long. Any collector paying attention can easily get them.

They're not a long wait - they're made to order. Takes no more/less long than anything else, other than you're securing your order way earlier in the pipeline.

4 figures a year is only because they've only gotten two waves out. We'll get more than 4 this year. I wouldn't expect it to be more than 2-3 waves a year though. Which is fine with me.
Yeah but I'd like to watch some reviews first before committing
because S7 has messed up every figure to this date. I don't like
the idea of PO something from a company I don't trust.
I don't mind pre-ordering from Neca though.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 08:58 PM   #3924
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Others are right-you are spouting a subjective opinion.

I love both lines, and that too is subjective.

Let’s all return to not being rediculous and enjoy all the TMNT coming our way of late

COWABUNGA!

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 06:11 AM   #3925
SleepDrifter
Thug

Quote:
Lol whoa dude. These are toys. I know you said you didn’t want to “flame super7 fanboys” or whatever but wow, here you are. That was intense and pretty unwarranted. Looking back through yesterday’s board post I only see two ppl complaining about the mutagen man design... I collect both lines and enjoy them both immensely. I personally like the OG line of toys more than the cartoon because I grew up thinking the cartoon was corny while the figures were pretty dynamic and imaginative. Your opinion is your opinion but you say some things that just come off as contrarian here: “S7 has messed up every figure to this date” “they only release 4 figures a year if that” - what?? First off you said you’ve been cherry picking this line and don’t own all the figures first hand so— that’s an extremely hyperbolic statement. And second S7 has put out 16 figures in a year and a half. 8 of which we received within a year. Is it ideal no? But NECA scratches that itch in between for me. It’s totally fine to not like S7 obviously or to be a NECA “fanboy” to use your colloquialism. It’s fine to like both. But having a fit about people liking something you don’t or disliking something that you don’t for that matter is a little petty for an adult on an internet message board about Ninja Turtle toys. I don’t recall anyone saying either line is flawless or stating an opinions as facts. I agree with Coro let’s get back to the subject at hand. Let’s dive deep into NECA here. Lets help others looking for more information. Let’s have fun and speculate what comes next. Let’s celebrate (or vent our toy hunt anxiety) about a wonderful line that an independent toy company is currently crushing. Cowabunga indeed! Let’s have fun here. After all, isn’t that the point of a toy?
SleepDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 07:15 AM   #3926
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Hate it when people put S7 on a pedestal like it's superior.
S7 muckman isn't even better than playmate's muckman made in 1990!

Coming in into Neca's thread and say "I'll just get S7" just freaking rubs me the wrong way. More expensive doesn't mean it's better.
Old 04-17-2021, 11:27 AM   #3927
Dask
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Hate it when people put S7 on a pedestal like it's superior.
S7 muckman isn't even better than playmate's muckman made in 1990!

Coming in into Neca's thread and say "I'll just get S7" just freaking rubs me the wrong way. More expensive doesn't mean it's better.
I also do have an issue with S7 elitists that mock NECA (it's not much of a problem here but can be seen on Instagram or Facebook) but I feel that as a whole, S7 delivers. The Muckman is better in that it is a bulkier figure than the Playmates. That alone makes it superior. However, having said this, I have no intentions of getting it unless S7 also gives it a glow-over (the NECA Muckman is the one that I am familiar with from the show). On a side note, I do collect S7's ThunderCats line and I am totally digging their legendary 4 Horseman sculpts. It's not perfect and a filmation line would have been preferable but the fact that we are finally getting some quality ThunderCats sculpts after a number of decades of dormancy (and, numerous botch-up attempts by Bandai) is well worth the wait.

I was actually never a big fan of the Playmates TMNT line for the 80's show as the toys were universally hunch backed and bow-legged. I collected about a dozen or so figures but always wondered how they would look with better proportions (e.g. Super 7) or if they were based on the show (e.g. NECA). However, I must say, I absolutely loved the Playmates TMNT line from the 2K3 (based on the 4Kids line) and I remember collecting almost half of the figures. It's proof, in and of itself, that they are a capable company. Unfortunately, laziness and contentment has overtaken them.

Last edited by Dask; 04-17-2021 at 11:34 AM.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 05:13 PM   #3928
TCRI
Hench Mutant

I don't love either 'toon' line.

NECA = too many, I'm not that flush. Never liked their original turtle sculpts and lost interest. Although the new two-part heads look great. Also splinter and shredder.

S7 = My love for original playmates didn't last. I sold 90% of mine. So I don't care. Their original/new head sculpts do look good. But the nostalgia aesthetic holds me back.

S.H. Figuarts = it still hurts.
TCRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 06:29 PM   #3929
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

This is why you're not finding turtles in disguise

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNxZiOGgdV6/
Old 04-17-2021, 06:48 PM   #3930
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:

Love the guilty stares they have!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 09:02 PM   #3931
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:

can't quite tell, is she basically stopping him from grabbing everything and maybe putting them back out later?

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 09:16 PM   #3932
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZAOx View Post
No, nothing that we're privy to at least. Randy said on Twitter that he's trying to get it up for preorders.

It feels like every release he's having to talk to Target reps about if it's okay. They may want first crack at it on their shelves though as part of the agreement.

The truth is, we just don't know how all that's working.
Yeah, I would say this is 100% correct. As with every other target set, they have wanted a window of waiting for target to sell through their stock. It makes sense. I wouldn't want someone else to also sell the same thing I am if I have stock still setting on shelves.

Quote:
Man.... I'm trying really hard not to flame super7 fanboys but you guys are starting to piss me off. Get lost with that comment, every super7 figure is flawed, mutagen man isnt even water tight.
You need to relax. We get it. you hate Super 7 and love NECA man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
Both lines are great. Mutagen Man are both accurate (Toy and toon). I don't get the whining
exactly, totally different designs and therefor reasons for existing. It is like saying apples are better than oranges and vice versa
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 09:40 PM   #3933
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
can't quite tell, is she basically stopping him from grabbing everything and maybe putting them back out later?
Store employee was keeping it for themselves most probably to flip and got busted basically.
Old 04-18-2021, 12:33 PM   #3934
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:

This makes my blood boil. There's absolutely no reason to buy three of them, so you know those employees were scalpers. The one in red even has the gall to start making gestures of frustration.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 01:07 PM   #3935
mikey0
Foot Elite

Turtles In Disguise review by ToyBro: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W3eWuLHAP5I
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 03:40 PM   #3936
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

I believe someone mentioned this earlier, but I found my Turtles in Disguise pack at the electronics counter rather than in the actual NECA section. Just a heads up.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 09:05 PM   #3937
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:

That isn't a store employee. It is a person in a red shirt but they don't have a name tag on. I worked for target years ago and you NEED to have a nametag on if you are on the floor. Even if you aren't on the clock.

The vendor looks like he was just grabbing them for the person in the red shirt, who was going to buy them all, but then the person filming walked up, and the vendor gave them one.
Old 04-18-2021, 09:06 PM   #3938
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
This makes my blood boil. There's absolutely no reason to buy three of them, so you know those employees were scalpers. The one in red even has the gall to start making gestures of frustration.
It's not an employee, no name tag.
Old 04-18-2021, 11:10 PM   #3939
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

I used to work at target several years back. They only required you to wear a red shirt of any kind as long as it was red. They didn’t care if I wore a name tag. I never did.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 01:22 AM   #3940
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
I used to work at target several years back. They only required you to wear a red shirt of any kind as long as it was red. They didn’t care if I wore a name tag. I never did.
LMAO

Here's the full vid if you guys want context.
@4:13 mark