The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-12-2021, 09:57 AM   #41
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
None of those "abridged" things are even entertaining in the least, either.
They can somewhat be, if one's already exhausted all other possible materials and is still craving for more. But in Dragon Ball's case at least I'd recommend the Multiverse fan manga over Abridged.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 12:00 PM   #42
neatoman
Emperor

I'm honestly surprised that people would recommend DBZA to people without any familiarity with Dragon Ball. So many of the jokes rely on the viewer being familiar with the actual series, I just don't understand why anyone unaware of the references would get it.

If it's just to recommend to shorter version of the series, just tell them to read the manga. Seriously, it takes like two weeks to get through all of it. And if they refuse... Well... Ask if they're illiterate.

But if they really insist to only watch the anime, give them this watchlist:
  • Dragon Ball episode 1-29, 34-44, 46-78, 84-126, 133-148 (Yes, more than 20 episodes are filler, including the finale, maybe not pure filler but mostly filler).
  • All of Kai but preferably not the international version.
  • Battle of Gods
  • Resurrection F
  • Super episode 28-41, 47-67, 77-87, 92-131 (though to be honest, you might as well just watch the Tournement episodes where U7 members are either knocked out or knock out others).
  • Super Broly.

I still recommend reading the manga first and foremost. Not only is it far quicker and far less complicated than selectively watching the anime, there are actually two arcs not currently in anime form. And regardless of which you have to read Jaco to know who Jaco and the Galactic Patrol are, there is no adaptation as of yet but they are still important to the newer parts of the anime despite this lack of adaptation.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 12:03 PM   #43
ChosenOne
Banned

I'm sorry but recommending Kai, which doesn't have the original Kikuchi score, is just sinful if not downright monstrous.
Old 04-12-2021, 12:34 PM   #44
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I'm sorry but recommending Kai, which doesn't have the original Kikuchi score, is just sinful if not downright monstrous.
Yeah but... In terms of just making it shorter it's worth it. The problem with Z in it's original form is that the pacing is way too slow. There's really only about 30 episodes of pure filler that can be skipped but most episodes are dragged down with (at best) sub-plots and (typically) flashbacks. It's not really a good idea to recommend the show in it's original state to someone who just wants a shorter version. Kai is almost ideal in this case because it does remove a lot of the pointless scenes.

But as I wrote in a previous post, a remake would have been much better, that way there would be no filler at all or any other lingering attempt to slow things down. A new apatation of Raditz introduction to the ending of the original manga would not even be 80 episodes, it might even be as short as 55 episodes.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 01:05 PM   #45
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Yeah but... In terms of just making it shorter it's worth it. The problem with Z in it's original form is that the pacing is way too slow. There's really only about 30 episodes of pure filler that can be skipped but most episodes are dragged down with (at best) sub-plots and (typically) flashbacks. It's not really a good idea to recommend the show in it's original state to someone who just wants a shorter version. Kai is almost ideal in this case because it does remove a lot of the pointless scenes.

But as I wrote in a previous post, a remake would have been much better, that way there would be no filler at all or any other lingering attempt to slow things down. A new apatation of Raditz introduction to the ending of the original manga would not even be 80 episodes, it might even be as short as 55 episodes.
Yeah, it's a lot shorter and easier to watch if one doesn't care for filler, but the lack of Kikuchi, man... That soundtrack sticks with you for life, it's so damn gorgeous and iconic. Someone should rescore Kai with the original (Japanese!) soundtrack.
Old 04-18-2021, 11:51 AM   #46
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Full preview.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 12:07 PM   #47
ChosenOne
Banned

Is... Is Koya playing cards with Leo?
Old 04-18-2021, 12:54 PM   #48
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Full preview.
This issue is gonna be fun.
Old 04-18-2021, 12:54 PM   #49
CyberCubed
Overlord

Something about making a story about music in a comic book isn't going to go well, it isn't like a show/movie where you can hear the music playing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 01:01 PM   #50
phillytmnt
Thug

I’m glad that after 16 issues post 100,we are getting a climactic battle in the form of a rock concert. Hopefully the next big battle will be decided by beer pong. Is this still a TMNT comic?
phillytmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 01:30 PM   #51
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

i wonder if diamond moved in? it looks like their playing in one of the less renovated rooms.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 01:39 PM   #52
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
i wonder if diamond moved in? it looks like their playing in one of the less renovated rooms.
Also Diamond is probably a good drummer too. I wonder who they will get for the vocals.
Old 04-18-2021, 01:43 PM   #53
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

This is the "wouldn't it be funny" school of writing. Wouldn't it be funny if there is a battle of the bands? Lol,so random anf zany. ????
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 03:24 PM   #54
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

It's like, I want to like it. I don't even mind it most of the time. I like to see where things go, and I'm along for the ride. But why in the name of all that is holy is a battle of the bands the most important subplot?!? There's like a million other things going on in this comic, all more interesting than this sublplot, and yet this one is the one that gets the most focus. I don't even hate the comic, I'm just disappointed.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 04:12 PM   #55
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
It's like, I want to like it. I don't even mind it most of the time. I like to see where things go, and I'm along for the ride. But why in the name of all that is holy is a battle of the bands the most important subplot?!? There's like a million other things going on in this comic, all more interesting than this sublplot, and yet this one is the one that gets the most focus. I don't even hate the comic, I'm just disappointed.
Why not? I think its a fun thing in the comic.
Old 04-18-2021, 04:40 PM   #56
CyberCubed
Overlord

At least this story arc is only 2 issues long.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 04:43 PM   #57
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

It appears the ‘music dealing with your past haunting trauma’ story is an ongoing theme.

I do wonder if this story was in part derived from old Jem and the Holograms story ideas Campbell never got to tell.
Old 04-18-2021, 04:54 PM   #58
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
At least this story arc is only 2 issues long.
I'm pretty sure if we count the first mention, the band took about 10 issues to resolve. Even for a comic known for it's slow burn storytelling, that seems a bit excessive.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:16 PM   #59
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

i wonder if rural route 5's important to diamond since it was painted on her wall and i had a thought, since we keep seeing peoples flashbacks maybe we'll see what diamond and who ever the other band members looked like before they mutated.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:18 PM   #60
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Why not? I think its a fun thing in the comic.
They literally explained it in the very Quote you're using, god dammit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
There's like a million other things going on in this comic, all more interesting than this sublplot, and yet this one is the one that gets the most focus.
And... they're right.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote