The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-23-2005, 01:07 PM   #61
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Hey, Zarius, can you understand what the guy says after "If the power of light is on their side"?

And that could make a really good intro actually. If they cut the images according to the rythm, it won't be that bad.
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 09:37 PM   #62
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarky
Hey, Zarius, can you understand what the guy says after "If the power of light is on their side"?

And that could make a really good intro actually. If they cut the images according to the rythm, it won't be that bad.
Not sure, working on that

Back to S.P.D, Disney had the grace and common sense to heavily promote for several days a truly unique episode...unique only in the fact that it was the second part of an episode that has'nt aired yet.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 09:46 PM   #63
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Yeah that was rather stupid. I mean, what have we seen so far? Impact which is sometime in the future and the second part of the team up which is also sometime in the future.

Great work on that crud, I really appreciate the mess ups.

Anyways, I thought about that thing we all don't understand: Maybe it's a name of some sort. You know something like a morpher or the name of their magic.

Besides, this MP3 was rejected, so it's not going to be the theme.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:39 PM   #64
Silent FOx
Foot Soldier

Heh, I used to love this show as a kid. Me and my friends would always play power rangers and fight over who was the red/ or white ranger. I had the action figures and alot of VHS tapes. Now when I watch it, I wonder how I ever sat through 5 minutes, let alone half an hour of this crap. This is one of those childhood shows I'd love to forget

Silent FOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 05:19 PM   #65
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent FOx
Now when I watch it, I wonder how I ever sat through 5 minutes, let alone half an hour of this crap. This is one of those childhood shows I'd love to forget

Redirect your kaboose outta here then, this thread is for fans of the series, which is still airing with new seasons, and for those who actually don't follow the trend of bashing classics to look big.

Did'nt you read the thread title? The big letters that spell out "Power Rangers APPRECIATION Thread", and yet here you are, slamming it, sugercoating the same negative criticism (which is'nt sensible, or sensetive criticism either) with "I used to play this, heh heh, oh yeah, thiz suckz"

,,,You watch TMNT, don't get me started on how many people say the same thing, I don't get why so many people have to be freaking snippy around Power Rangers or Pokemon...must be a personal grudge because it kicked the original cartoons' ass during the 90s'

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 09-25-2005 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:27 PM   #66
Silent FOx
Foot Soldier

I wasn't bashing it, just trying to show how my perception of the show changed. It was a great show back in the day and was a big part of my tv time. Just commenting on how some shows don't stand the test of time like TMNT.

Old 09-25-2005, 05:34 PM   #67
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Just commenting on how some shows don't stand the test of time like TMNT.
P.R not only has stood the test of time, its' outperformed its' earlier seasons

Watch every season after MMPR, or In Space, not that hard to download full seasons on the internet, the series got darker, better acted, more mature, it did NOT fall into a pattern of repetivness for as long as other series like Pokemon ever did, there are some mediocre seasons (Early Turbo, Lightspeed, and presently S.P.D), but the series is perhaps the only solid peice of U.S science fiction left next to Stargate (Galactica is good, but its' all drama, no fun)
Old 09-25-2005, 05:46 PM   #68
Silent FOx
Foot Soldier

hmmm, I may check out an episode just too see what its like. Whats the best series in your opinion? And an episode?

Old 09-25-2005, 06:46 PM   #69
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
hmmm, I may check out an episode just too see what its like. Whats the best series in your opinion? And an episode?

Dinothunder knocked the top spot off of Lost Galaxy in 2004, mostly because it brought back the fun of MMPR (and Jason David Frank returning as Tommy), so I'd recommend that if you're a fan of the veteren series, as it has a dino theme attached to it obviously, not to mention the 500th episode from that season pretty much runs down every Ranger team after MMPR.

Other recommendations for old school fans would also include "Forever Red" from Wild Force, uniting ten Red Rangers (Jason, Tommy, T.J etc) against the remnants of the Machine Empire, (recycled Beetleborg coustumes), trying to resurret Serpenterra.

For full seasons, I suggest In Space, Lost Galaxy, and Time Force
Old 09-25-2005, 06:50 PM   #70
Silent FOx
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Redirect your kaboose outta here then, this thread is for fans of the series, which is still airing with new seasons, and for those who actually don't follow the trend of bashing classics to look big.

Did'nt you read the thread title? The big letters that spell out "Power Rangers APPRECIATION Thread", and yet here you are, slamming it, sugercoating the same negative criticism (which is'nt sensible, or sensetive criticism either) with "I used to play this, heh heh, oh yeah, thiz suckz"

,,,You watch TMNT, don't get me started on how many people say the same thing, I don't get why so many people have to be freaking snippy around Power Rangers or Pokemon...must be a personal grudge because it kicked the original cartoons' ass during the 90s'
heh you edited after I replied, cute. Anyways its the appreciation and discussion thread. I was showing how my opinion with this show changed over the years. I didn't realize I would personally offend someone, it wasn't meant as a bash,just a comment. I will check out one of those episodes and post my reaction here; in the discussion thread

Old 10-19-2005, 11:08 AM   #71
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Okay, I've just finished "Badge". Very interesting, seeing a bit more of Anubis' past. Especially the fact that there are more sabres like Kruger's... the possibilities (probably unused, but they would be there).

And damn that bloody cliffhanger in the end! Is it Mrs. Kruger or is it the A-Squad, or is it something entirely different?

On a related Sidenote: Wasserman's second theme, the rock-version (which sucks), dropped out as well. But, we do know the morphing call now "Galwit Mysto" (whereas "Galwit" is the imperative of the gaelic word "Galw" = Call out). This also explains the thing we all couldn't understand in Wasserman's first theme.

And we have an actor for Mystic Force. Carlo Smith plays a character (rumoured to be the Red Ranger) named Nate. Apparently Smith wanted a part in the show for a very long time.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:57 AM   #72
U2WaTCHer
Hench Mutant

so is power rangers over now? just was curious lost track of all the series
Old 10-20-2005, 10:58 AM   #73
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

No, not at all. The show's 13th season "Power Rangers S.P.D." is airing at the moment and "Power Rangers Mystic Force" is going to air next year.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:32 AM   #74
ZariusTwo
Overlord

An interesting message from Bruce Kantwrite

I just wanted to relate to you all that the entire crew, cast and staff's thanks for supporting S.P.D. in whatever way you chose. Both Ranger Board and Henshin Justice gave us all lots of laughs, intelligent insights and some good ideas...Though, unfortunately, we were usually way past the point of being able to implement them in the show. Mystic Force is well into production and I can promise you that I have learned a lot, will still bring fresh ideas to Power Rangers and try to filter in some of the past to acknowledge your history... Had a little breather where I could watch a few shows from past seasons (under your "gentle" urging me to do so).

As a unit, all of us involved with S.P.D. can say from the bottom of our hearts that we gave it our all and will continue to do so.

On a personal note I want to thank all of the shows supporters in whatever form you took. Some wrote rave reviews, some came to Los Angeles, Comicon or Youmacon to meet cast and staff. Hopefully you all enjoyed it as much as we did. And there were a samll minority of you who didn't like the show or didn't like the way I produced it...or both. But thank you for not being able to stay away. Love it... Hate it... You watch it then I've done my job.

I know I've been asked to come onto the board and defend the S.P.D. season. I have not and have no intention in doing so. I done my best. I've given two interviews. Three convention appearances where I've never avoided a question. I delivered a show that by a majority of the viewers and 100% of my cast, crew and network are proud of... My work is on film for you all to see and judge in whatever way you see fit. I have received threats. I have had personal attacks written about my family. I've had personal attacks made about my writing staff. I've made mistakes. I've hit home runs... Bottom line... I feel no need to defend or debate any of my choices to anyone but those I work for...And they haven't asked for me to do so.

Perhaps if you have questions for me or those I work with...Come to the next convention and we can answer them for you.

And, thanks to all the fans I've met and have corresponded with over the last year. I've enjoyed it all.

My best, B

http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=76408
Old 11-25-2005, 09:26 AM   #75
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

What kind of idiot sends death threats to the writer of a show? I mean, if he screws up, stop watching, simple as that. Threats are ridiculous.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:46 AM   #76
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarky
What kind of idiot sends death threats to the writer of a show? I mean, if he screws up, stop watching, simple as that. Threats are ridiculous.
The only thing I can recall where a death threat was public was on Rangerboard after grranger, a good freind of mine, made a joke about it, Kalishs' children panicked, and got him banned for two days.

Death threats are a little over the top, but the 'net has no morals, and he should've expected people to be like that, as some are with every aspect of any fandom
Old 11-30-2005, 01:25 PM   #77
Lady Venus
Mad Scientist

I have seen every Power Ranger show from MMPR to SPD. I don't like the SPD a lot. SPD is a ok show.

Sig made by: Joe

Last edited by Lady Venus; 11-30-2005 at 03:50 PM.
Lady Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 01:57 PM   #78
Serp
Hench Mutant

Are Mystic Force Figures out yet?
Serp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 03:51 PM   #79
Lady Venus
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Creeper
Are Mystic Force Figures out yet?