The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #21
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
Saying this about the original removes any and all credibility you possibly had
The first movie IS amateur hour and is completely boring for most of it.

And Campbell is the best actor in 1 and he was TERRIBLE then. Don't get me started on the claymation sequence. Don't pretend that Evil Dead 1 was some all-time classic with no faults.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:10 AM   #22
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
The first movie IS amateur hour and is completely boring for most of it.

And Campbell is the best actor in 1 and he was TERRIBLE then. Don't get me started on the claymation sequence. Don't pretend that Evil Dead 1 was some all-time classic with no faults.
You miss the point of the original. Yeah, the effects haven't aged well, but it's a hell of a lot better then any of the totally unscary CGI fests out there. It has some humorous and campy undertones. It's a tradition for Sam Raimi movies. The man is a brilliant director. If you hate it that's fine, but that doesn't mean it's terrible by ANY means.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #23
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
You miss the point of the original. Yeah, the effects haven't aged well, but it's a hell of a lot better then any of the totally unscary CGI fests out there. It has some humorous and campy undertones. It's a tradition for Sam Raimi movies. The man is a brilliant director. If you hate it that's fine, but that doesn't mean it's terrible by ANY means.
I wasn't saying it was a completely awful movie. Just saying the acting in it is bad and it's really boring for most of it. It has moments but it has SERIOUS flaws. The same flaws that the other guy pointed out.

I wouldn't call that garbage at the very end of the movie better than anything. That was some California Raisins sh*t and it killed the movie.

I'm also not a Sam Raimi mark so maybe I'm missing the 'charm'. Dude has only made 3 good movies in his entire career.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #24
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
I didn't like it. Incredibly lackluster. Gore was decent, but the movie was just bland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlisterStockboy View Post
The movie was awful. Nothing happened, and nothing was interesting. The acting was ridiculously terrible, as well as the dialogue. Just a stupid movie.

1/100.

Aaaaaaand Called it! Thanks, I feel better knowing I didn't waste my time or money.

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movies