The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-19-2021, 06:30 AM   #7681
nylemon

New Jersey Drive (1995), the platform translate the title to "Bao Feng Han Zi", which is like "Storm Men(or something like 'fellows')". ****ing ridiculous!!
Old 02-20-2021, 10:15 PM   #7682
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Finished the Rambo Movies with last blood. That was an ok ending to the franchise you just feel for rambo he can't have anything nice and when he does it goes wrong.

watched
Rambo aka Rambo 4 last weekend it was decent too I saw where Mortal Kombat got his fatality from. Also that part with Rambo on the chain gun on the truck was amazing.
Old 02-27-2021, 01:55 PM   #7683
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Sonic The Hedgehog. I really enjoyed it. Jim Carrey was perfect for Robotnik. Problem is there are a lot of pointless human characters I couldn't give 2 ***** about and would rather it stay in the video game world.
Old 03-04-2021, 03:01 PM   #7684
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

just watched this for the first time in decades... have not seen since I was a kid.

PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 06:24 AM   #7685
newfan
Mad Scientist

The girl on the Train (Netflix)
Sometimes nice to take a change from the usual genre choice, few twists going on, I enjoyed this.
I did notice when searching that there was already a movie made from this story in 2016.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:04 PM   #7686
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
The girl on the Train (Netflix)
Sometimes nice to take a change from the usual genre choice, few twists going on, I enjoyed this.
I did notice when searching that there was already a movie made from this story in 2016.
My wife showed me both versions of that film. I enjoy it as well.

This was my latest watch.... one of the new Pixar joints.... fun way to kill time while waiting to go to work.

PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 06:37 AM   #7687
newfan
Mad Scientist

Wonder Woman 1984
I decided to wait for this to come out on sale/rent in the end. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did the first movie, I preferred the whole feel to that as well as the story. I also refer her darker looking suit too but can see that they went with the brighter colour to match the setting here.

The Yin-Yang Master on Netflix
Looked kinda interesting so I checked it out, not a bad movie, kept me entertained.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 12:27 PM   #7688
Iroh
Hench Mutant

I recently went back to watch the TMNT live action movies again that was released in 2014 and 2016 on yesterday. Those movies still make me feel giddy after all these years.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:01 PM   #7689
Leo656
The Franchise

I'd rather inject raw sewage into both my eyeballs than ever watch either of those movies.

Oh, I guess I should actually leave a regular comment, too. I watched "Mask: The Director's Cut" for the first time. No, not "The Mask"; y'all know I hate Jim Carrey. "Mask", the award-winning drama starring Cher and Eric Stoltz that was based on the tragic true story of a disfigured boy.

I've seen the original cut a bunch of times but I'd never seen the Director's Cut. There's two additional scenes and they swapped all the Bob Seeger songs out for Bruce Springsteen songs as it was originally intended (as Springsteen was the real-life Rocky Dennis's favorite singer; they were denied use of the songs for the original cut however so they spliced in the Seeger stuff as a compromise). It's fine; I guess ultimately which cut you'd prefer honestly depends on what your musical preferences are, as the two extra scenes don't add or subtract much either way. The "Little Egypt" scene is kinda cute but it feels like it was tacked on so that Cher would have an excuse to sing, and the whole bit with Red's death and funeral might be a bit much for some people given that it's already a pretty "heavy" movie. They didn't bother me, though; they definitely fit well with what's already there but it's not like a substantially different movie with or without those two scenes.

If a person has never seen the movie at all, I'd recommend the Director's Cut since that's the way the movie was meant to be seen. I like Seeger better than Springsteen so I'm pretty agnostic about the soundtrack changes. I will say that the Springsteen songs do fit the mood a bit better in a few scenes.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 03-29-2021 at 01:13 PM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 01:18 PM   #7690
Iroh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I'd rather inject raw sewage into both my eyeballs than ever watch either of those movies.
They were pretty good. I saw little cameos from Eastman in both movies. They should've left out Tyler Perry's silly ass from being Baxter though. I am thankful that I speak and understand Japanese thoroughly because Shredder was speaking and there were no subtitles! Hilarious!
Old 03-29-2021, 02:17 PM   #7691
Leo656
The Franchise

The "Everything Wrong With..." videos are all I ever need to see. Those movies are no good for my blood pressure.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:16 AM   #7692
nylemon

Hokuto no Ken aka Fist of North Star. It's been 7 years since I last saw it. It's awesome. It's my new choice when I am doing workout.
For those you don't know about it. Story background is same as Mad Max of the nucleared world and Ken as the main character is a mix of Max and Bruce Lee.

Last edited by nylemon; 04-02-2021 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:18 PM   #7693
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Wasn't his look based on Sylvester Stallone as well?
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 02:32 PM   #7694
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylemon View Post
Hokuto no Ken aka Fist of North Star. It's been 7 years since I last saw it. It's awesome. It's my new choice when I am doing workout.
For those you don't know about it. Story background is same as Mad Max of the nucleared world and Ken as the main character is a mix of Max and Bruce Lee.
Love that one. I need to find time to get through that and Ninja Scroll again sometime soon.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:20 PM   #7695
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I rewatched the Ultimate Edition of Batman V Superman for the first time in a couple of years. Its not that bad. they only bad parts are the martha scene and Eisnberg's cringey Lex. This movie does Clark's journalism better than any of the Superman movies prior. Also that first scene the trinity is in is fantastic with that wonder woman theme.

I do agree that batman warehouse scene is chef's kiss.
Old 04-04-2021, 10:16 PM   #7696
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Brando was to be baddie in Rambo III

Batman Forever 4.5/6 , its okay but Two Face acts more like Joker or something
-------------------------------------------------

Hawaii Five-O , the original (Monte Markham , Lloyd "mayor on Batman TAS" Bochner. MM plays an oil biz guy that McGarrett fears could be assasinated)

The Avengers "A sense of history" fea Rigg (Peel infiltrates school)

Love Boat in Japan (Ritter , Heather T , Danza guest stars)
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:16 AM   #7697
Iroh
Hench Mutant

Godzilla vs Kong. It was quite the snooze fest.
Old 04-07-2021, 02:01 AM   #7698
Allio
Foot Elite

Kamen Rider W. Still great.
Old 06-19-2021, 01:04 AM   #7699
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Just watched Luca, the newest Pixar film. It was really cute and fun, and it had a great message about acceptance and friendship. The three main characters are all very likable, a d the story was simple but meaningful. Loved it.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 02:27 PM   #7700
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Netflix's Wish Dragon is surprisingly good. The dragon's color palette is a bit deceiving, making me think it might be too childish, but it's not at all.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movies