The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-12-2016, 10:39 PM   #1
tmntskid
Random Punk

Muckman & Retromutagen Ooze

Hi everyone,

I just got a Muckman & Joe Eyeball, and I've been trying to look for a retromutagen ooze to display the figure with it. I never thought retromutagen ooze was going to be that expensive.

I don't know if someone knows if there is another cheaper retromutagen ooze reissue I can buy.

The one I found was this one:

Thank you

Last edited by tmntskid; 09-12-2016 at 10:47 PM.
tmntskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:16 AM   #2
nellyp
Stone Warrior

In terms of just having ooze you can get some non-licenced stuff at dollar stores that works really well. Last October Pixel Dan did a video of Muckman using generic stuff and it worked well.

If you want authentic TMNT stuff then myteefinestuff.com has the green cans for $60 which is cheap compared to what people are selling on ebay. The purple can however is like $475.

Not sure how well the nick turtles ooze is with the vintage figures. I bought my kids some but it was messy and the bitter agent in it stays on your hands until a few hand-washes so we stopped using it.

Here is the Muckman video Pixel Dan did if you want to look for some of the cheap slime.

nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:33 AM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

As far as substitute ooze goes, there's stuff called Boogers sold at Dollar General. Same color/texture/etc & it only costs $1.00 so it's worth trying out.

Here's a shot I took with it:

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:57 AM   #4
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Awesome pic powder
Old 09-13-2016, 08:30 PM   #5
tmntskid
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellyp View Post
In terms of just having ooze you can get some non-licenced stuff at dollar stores that works really well. Last October Pixel Dan did a video of Muckman using generic stuff and it worked well.

If you want authentic TMNT stuff then myteefinestuff.com has the green cans for $60 which is cheap compared to what people are selling on ebay. The purple can however is like $475.

Not sure how well the nick turtles ooze is with the vintage figures. I bought my kids some but it was messy and the bitter agent in it stays on your hands until a few hand-washes so we stopped using it.
Thank you for all the information. I really appreciate it. I will take a look at the video and see if I can try with a generic stuff. My only concern is if this alternative damages the pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
As far as substitute ooze goes, there's stuff called Boogers sold at Dollar General. Same color/texture/etc & it only costs $1.00 so it's worth trying out.
Awesome picture! Thank you for your reply. I will take a look at them, but I was wondering if this boogers damage the paint. By the way I can see you painted Joe's eyes. Cool!

Last edited by tmntskid; 09-13-2016 at 10:33 PM.
tmntskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:35 PM   #6
Iroh
Hench Mutant

The best slime you can use for your figs is the Mattel slime that comes with those ghostbuster mini figures at Walmart. The formula ratio is just right and you don't have to wait until the slime falls out of Muckman's mouth and stomach. It works fast!
Old 11-01-2016, 09:42 PM   #7
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntskid View Post
Awesome picture! Thank you for your reply. I will take a look at them, but I was wondering if this boogers damage the paint. By the way I can see you painted Joe's eyes. Cool!
Never saw this reply. No, no damage to the paint or figure whatsoever. You don't even have to rinse him off/out. & yeah, thanks! Can't have a character like that go unpainted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroh View Post
The best slime you can use for your figs is the Mattel slime that comes with those ghostbuster mini figures at Walmart. The formula ratio is just right and you don't have to wait until the slime falls out of Muckman's mouth and stomach. It works fast!
Oh yeah? Never saw them in-package so I didn't know they came with goop. They're pretty cool little figures on their own, but that incentivizes them further. Maybe I'll pick up a pack.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:54 PM   #8
Iroh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Oh yeah? Never saw them in-package so I didn't know they came with goop. They're pretty cool little figures on their own, but that incentivizes them further. Maybe I'll pick up a pack.

It's the same ingredients that was used for the 80's He-Man playsets. It has the low water to mid glycerin ratio that makes it nostalgic. All the ingredients are from Flinn Scientific Co. as well. Playmates used the same manufacturer but added more water to the formula because kids were damaging carpets and cloths around their home. Higher levels of water in the formula made it easier to clean off of surfaces.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:07 PM   #9
Powder
So tired of this place

Interesting little factoid there! I never had any of the original ooze, so I guess I owe it to myself to experience it in this new way, huh?

Old 11-02-2016, 09:03 AM   #10
Iroh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Interesting little factoid there! I never had any of the original ooze, so I guess I owe it to myself to experience it in this new way, huh?
Yes! You will see the HUGE difference between the new TMNT slime from Nickelodeon and the old school Mattel stuff.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:28 AM   #11
Meow
Stone Warrior

Well, I have the silly sludge from JA-RU which is really cool and close to the original TMNT ooze from decades ago but gave me a hard time with the first of 4 barrels unfortunately.

Along with that I have recently obtained an original Simba Slimey, unfortunately in yellow thanks to amazon showing a green goo picture but sending out different colors at random. This one's quite nice but a bit thicker, not so gooey as the silly sludge is.

Besides that: Any recommendations for getting ooze within the EU region anyone? I'd also check out at ebay offers if there any good ones, not from overseas due to shipping costs.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:23 PM   #12
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

I replaced my Nick ooze with some other ooze I found at a discount shop, I think it was called "Ninja Ooze" (it was official TMNT merch). It's a brighter green than the original 80s Retromutagen but it's about the closest I've found - the feel and smell are the same (taste too, but that's a whole 'nother story).

It's been a few years since I saw any around, though.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 08:33 PM   #13
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Here's a shot I took with it:
http://i66.tinypic.com/4i0zkz.png
Where'd you get that little green ooze canister with the metal end caps? Looks awesome!
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 08:40 PM   #14
Powder
So tired of this place

They're the Mutations ones, I just painted all of mine. Thanks!

Here's another shot of how it looks-

Old 03-26-2021, 02:51 PM   #15
Iroh
Hench Mutant

Like I have mentioned in the Super 7 figures post; Hopefully we will have the nostalgic Playmates Toys retromutagen ooze re-released to us to enjoy the modern Muckman and Joe Eyeball gimmick. Super 7's Muckman is freaking HUGE compared to his retro counterpart!
Old 03-26-2021, 03:25 PM   #16
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Like I have mentioned in the Super 7 figures post; Hopefully we will have the nostalgic Playmates Toys retromutagen ooze re-released to us to enjoy the modern Muckman and Joe Eyeball gimmick. Super 7's Muckman is freaking HUGE compared to his retro counterpart!
We need a MOTU Origins-type toyline from Playmates, but Playmates Toys is going to continue their tradition of re-releasing certain characters from the retro toyline.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 03:32 PM   #17
Iroh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
We need a MOTU Origins-type toyline from Playmates, but Playmates Toys is going to continue their tradition of re-releasing certain characters from the retro toyline.
Yeah, but what about dAt SlImE?
Old 03-26-2021, 03:33 PM   #18
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Yeah, but what about dAt SlImE?
Sadly, we may never see that again.
Old 03-26-2021, 03:44 PM   #19
Iroh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Sadly, we may never see that again.
Say it ain't so!
Old 03-26-2021, 04:05 PM   #20
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Say it ain't so!
Muckman and Mutagen Man repros have not been made by Playmates in the 90s, 2000s, or 2010s. The chances are that neither would be reissued with any vat of slime if Playmates included them in a new box set. The 2014 Nickelodeon Mutagen Man and 2017 Nickelodeon Muckman did not come with slime.

So, it looks like the Retromutagen Ooze and Retromutagen Foot Ooze are restricted to the original Playmates toyline.