The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-27-2021, 11:22 PM   #1
dragonside
Hench Mutant

The End of an Era - Myteefinestuff

Hi Folks

Just wanted to say a few words about Myteefinestuff, as it is officially closed as of April 27, 2021.

Here's the link for those wanting a bit more from Tom himself:
https://myteefinestuff.com/account.htm

In my entire TMNT collecting journey, I will have to say that Myteefinestuff had some of the rarest stuff including a very comprehensive catalogue of accessories (belts, weapons, all sorts), repro decals, cardbacks, loose figures, moc figures. This is where I got my grails (Turtles in Disguise).

This is where I found all the accessories for my Next Mutation Thunder Trahsers (as they were the first TMNT figs I ever got)

This is where I found a set of punk rock turtles.

This is also where the rare turtleflage turtles and camobandanna's existed (never bought it but i mean.. they are pricey)

A complete set collection of TMNT "cards (never bought it but man.. it is impressive)"

Regardless, I will say that it was an amazing resource when looking to complete gaps in the collection.

It's sad to see it go.

The owner of the site Tom is a cool guy. But I guess he did this as a retirement thing... but it ended up taking a lot of space, time and effort and he couldn't keep it up anymore. So I'm glad he's taking a well deserved break.

Maybe one day it will come back.. when his son retires and sets up shop again. (in 20 or 30 years). haha.

Life is short my friends... enjoy the ride while it lasts. Keep living the dream folks.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:36 AM   #2
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

This site was a great way of getting belts and weapons for figures that were missing them, which is REALLY common with TMNT figures. It really is the end of an era. Sad to see the site go, but nothing lasts forever.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 07:20 AM   #3
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I don't think I ever bought anything from it, but I appreciated having a ready-to-order website for all things retro TMNT. It was great for pictures and referencing too.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 07:30 AM   #4
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

I got my original set of carded turtles from him and they all graded 85...looked case fresh...I was very happy
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 12:55 PM   #5
italianice388
Stone Warrior

damn, i never knew this existed! is there anything else like it? where do you all go to get your vintage stuff?
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 03:48 PM   #6
IMJ
Emperor

It was the Technodrome forums that put that website on my radar some years back. It's ashame that it's gone, but it's also amazing that it ran as long as it did for being such a niche site.

Sorry to hear it won't be around anymore.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 10:12 PM   #7
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

I found out about myteefinestuff through this site or maybe just searching around the internet around the TMNT 25th Anniversary. I bought a few things from there that I used to have as a kid that I somehow lost (which is rare for me) like a few cardbacks and rarer items like others have mentioned.

I even remember getting an incorrect cardback one time and we talked it out through e-mail and got it corrected really smoothly. I really appreciated that back then. It was also just a fun site to look through and have certain things bring back memories for an instant.

I really liked the store and appreciated Tom putting so much time and effort into it. So thanks for the fun and good times. Here's to hoping you step back from this and just relax more Tom.
Old 04-29-2021, 01:45 PM   #8
inaheap
Mad Scientist

They always had a great selection of stuff.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 06:35 AM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Wasn't he always really expensive? Like a single weapon/accessory from a toy and he would charge like $18.99 for it or something. lol
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 06:46 AM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Ordered a ton or stuff when I moved into my own and had the ability to but or rebuy a lot of Mirage comics after some smoke settling. Maybe around... 2003-2005? Hard to say. But I only bought comics. Good prices. Fast delivery. Don't care about what toys they had or didn't have.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:26 AM   #11
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Wasn't he always really expensive? Like a single weapon/accessory from a toy and he would charge like $18.99 for it or something. lol
That was my recollection as well. Sad to see anyone close up shop but I definitely never bought anything there.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 11:24 AM   #12
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
That greatly depended on the figure the accessory was for. There were still tons of accessories that were as low as 25 cents. There was a huge difference in an accessory for, say, a re-issue of the 1988 Turtles, or an accessory for Scratch or Hot Spot. Though, ya, on the whole, a lot of the stuff on the site was probably more pricey than it should have been.

Last edited by Tuxedo Moroboshi; 04-30-2021 at 11:33 AM.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 11:29 AM   #13
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
That was also my experience. I recall back in 2004/2005 offering to buy about $1500 worth of carded figures from him. Mind you, this is when some of the rarer stuff was selling for $75 or so. Anyway, I sort of expected he'd offer a discount because of how much I was willing to buy, but he didn't and so I just resorted to eBay instead. That said, the vision for the site was cool, and it's one less resource collectors now have.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 04:11 PM   #14
kizer17
Thug

Quote:
Yeah, he could be pricey on things. In the early 2000s would have been perfect to buy stuff to complete old collection. Everything is too expensive now everywhere.
kizer17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 01:11 PM   #15
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

RIP to a real one.