The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 10-11-2020, 01:17 AM   #21
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

I, too, am outraged by Disney's plans. Despite Disneyland and Disney World being places of magic and imagination, I refuse to suspend my disbelief enough to allow an unspecified tribute to a character from a fictional country. It's just not realistic.

Now hold my magic wand while I get my picture taken with a 6 foot tall talking duck.
Old 10-16-2020, 04:53 PM   #22
skylord
Thug

I'd be more upset if Song of the South wasn't boring. Had a genuine curiosity in the film and its a snoozefest.

Rebranding Tower of Terror to Guardians of the Galaxy was way worse and that's coming from somebody who really likes GotG
skylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:05 PM   #23
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Before Splash Mountain closes, fans can buy some light-up ears to remember the ride.

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/10/s...nnie-ears-cb1/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:20 PM   #24
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Disney Parks has announced that they are going to speed up the process of re-theming the ride. If they are then guests at Disney World must have very little time left to go on the ride. Maybe they won't even get to say farewell to it when Disneyland re-opens.

https://thedisinsider.com/2020/11/16...lash-mountain/

Last edited by ranger_scout; 02-23-2021 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-19-2020, 06:30 AM   #25
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Jess Harnell, the voice of Brer Rabbit for Splash Mountain, shared his thoughts on the ride getting a retheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Harnell
I've had the experience of looking down from above on the Main Street Electrical Parade, watching kids' faces light up when voices I did come out. And there's no greater feeling. To know that you gave people that happiness. Now, personally, I don't believe that Splash Mountain was offensive, and I don't believe that it alluded to anything offensive, but if it's going to upset people or make people feel bad about something terrible, then I get it. I'm sorry to see it go, because I loved it. It was an honor to be involved, and I'm happy I had that chance. But I don't want to be a part of anything that makes anybody hurt.
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/255...tions-redesign
Old 11-19-2020, 03:14 PM   #26
Sumac
Banned

People should stop giving snowflakes everything they desire.
So what if someone found something offensive about it?

I can find offense in anything if I look hard enough.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 03:31 PM   #27
Mr Salk
Thug

Disney doesn't have to retire Song of The South, as it is already irrelevant.
They just want to push some modern merch. Nobody looks to Disneyland as a historical time capsule.
Mr Salk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 02:31 PM   #28
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Here's what Carmen Smith, executive creative development and inclusion strategies for Walt Disney Imagineering, had to say about the re-theme.

Quote:
“My work is really about collaboration and teamwork. You create experiences that will make people feel welcome, seen and heard and to let them know their stories are just as important. My responsibility is to look at what do we have now and does it resonate with our Guests and making them more reflective of the world we live in.

When we looked at Splash Mountain, it gives our company an opportunity to showcase our first African-American Princess. We need to be able to tell stories that are inspiring and enlightening but also that speak to a community that has not been well-represented in our Parks and Resorts.”
https://insidethemagic.net/2021/02/d...s-changes-kc1/
Old 04-23-2021, 08:08 PM   #29
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

A Disney World fan is tired of the park being so woke and retheming rides like 'Splash Mountain'.

I love Disney World, but the wokeness is ruining the experience

Disgruntled Fan Blasts Disney World For Changing Rides, Says Wokeness Is Ruining His Favorite Attractions; Hollywood Responds

The person in this video from Septemeber 2020 thinks that Disney Parks beginning to plan the Splash Mountain retheme to The Princess and the Frog probably didn't happen in 2019 like the press release stated or just after George Floyd's murder. He thinks it's possible that since Disney at first thought The Princess and the Frog was going to be this mega success and start a new renaissance as The Little Mermaid did that this idea was first pitched about a decade ago. However, while the movie did begin a string of critically acclaimed movies for the main animation studio, it wasn't worth putting the money into the idea at the time since the film was not a blockbuster hit like they thought it would be. 5:55 to 6:12

Old 06-27-2021, 02:28 PM   #30
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

A year after the announcement and we still don't exactly know when 'Splash Mountain' will close or when 'The Princess and the Frog' retheme will re-open. All of the details can be found here in the video.

In short, 'Splash Mountain' at Disneyland will most likely be closing this winter and the new rethemed ride will probably open in the fall of 2023 at the earliest. Things over at Disney World in Florida are a little more complicated. 'Splash Mountain' will probably remain open there for most of the park's 50th anniversary celebration and close in early 2023. The new ride probably won't open until 2024 or 2025.
Old 08-11-2021, 04:17 PM   #31
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

So apparently it's going to take some time before The Princess and the Frog retheme to Splash Mountain will be done according to Magic Kindom Vice President Melissa Valiquette.

Quote:
That’s going to take some time, but the sequence of these things is that sometimes decisions can be made many, many months, even years before any of that will be seen on stage, so it’s going to take us a little bit of time to reimagine Splash Mountain. Terrific work has been done including some selections around music around animatronics.
https://wdwnt.com/2021/08/the-prince...ice-president/
Old 08-12-2021, 02:56 AM   #32
Sumac
Banned

Hhahahahahahaha!
Way to show how woke you are Dinsey!

If I didn't know better, I almost could bet that they just want to wait until this woke insanity dies down, so everyone will forget what exactly Disney had promised and they won't need to spend millions to re-theme anything.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 03:11 PM   #33
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Disney Parks have debuted the latest image of the upcoming 'Splash Mountain' retheme to The Princess and the Frog.

And here is a video of Disney Imagineers talking about the ride.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-and-the-frog/
Old 06-02-2022, 08:20 AM   #34
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Anika Noni Rose, the voice of Tiana, says that the ride will open in 2024.

https://insidethemagic.net/2022/06/a...n-opening-kc1/

I’m thinking she means the Disneyland version because a lot of sources say that one is further in development than the one in Disney World.
Old 06-02-2022, 09:58 AM   #35
Banned

un-necessary

don’t really see the point of replacing well established characters cause a handful of commies are offended by it, that song was catchy! could of just given princess and the frog it’s own unique, original ride instead of some hand-me-down, are black people not good enough for disney to invest in an all new original ride attraction? and what are they gonna do about that big white mountain called matterhorn?

social justice warriors got disney by the balls… sad!

fine, whatever. just hope they don’t decorate the whole park in gay pride stuff for the whole month to “honor” gay pride… little kids don’t need to see that crap.

“everything woke turns to s**t” - DJT
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 05:13 PM   #36
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Disney won’t confirm or deny that the ride will open in 2024 at either park. They say that more details will be revealed at the Essence Festival of Culture, which runs from June 30 through July 3.

https://wdwnt.com/2022/06/disney-ref...lash-mountain/
Old 07-01-2022, 11:41 AM   #37
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The ride will be titled 'Tiana's Bayou Adventure'. It will open at both Disneyland and Disney World in late 2024.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-in-late-2024/
Old 07-01-2022, 04:57 PM   #38
Banned

so is splash mountain just gonna remain closed until then? i went to disneyland earlier this year and was disappointed to see that splash mountain was closed. dam liberals have to ruin everything
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 09:59 PM   #39
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The artists who are working on the ride talked about the artwork that inspired them.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...-adventure.htm
Old 09-09-2022, 10:41 AM   #40
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

The model for the ride has been updated at the D23 Expo. I will try to post the pictures later if I can.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/sp...you-adventure/